Interesting Aviation Pictures

• 2 months later...
Deep space version

308284[/snapback]

whoa....I totally missed this thread. Knight, those are some AWESOME designs! I am used to seeing your spaceship work...but these fighters here look awesome! I guess they are space and atmospheric? Nice! There is a ton of originality in these designs, quite beautiful and exquisite. I really really like the VF-11 and VF-84/103 fighters here.

I'm not sure you should have blurred both the carrier and the background. Blurring the carrier gives a real sense of the speed of the fighters relative to it but I think the stars in the background would be so distant that they would show very little in the way of motion blur given that the fighters are flying pretty much at the camera. If they had been flying across the camera's field of view then I think the background blurring would work.

Maybe I'm altogether wrong about it, I dunno, but just looking at the picture something about it just seems... off, somehow.

The countermeasures pic looks a lot better now that you got rid of the fringing around the model, very cool.

Tried again, this time, just blurring the carrier, and the two wingmen (slightly). I also added a little gaussian noise, to give it a little more real feeling, comments? I'm off on vacation the next few days, but will do some more when I get back.

post-341-1125545447_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Two new ones, these are recreating ones I did a long while ago, infact two design revisions ago. I really need to start doing some with the bombers but have to update them a bit first. ANyway this one is a scene from my first book with three fighters "asteroid dancing," unfortunately the rest of the asteroid field doesn't show up too well, and my asteroid surface isn't up to par with the fighters, oh well. Comments?

post-341-1126237879_thumb.jpg

post-341-1126237922_thumb.jpg

ZD, what do you mean about the "front starboard gun is shadow"? Do you mean it is in a shadow, should be and isn't, is and shouldn't be, you seem to have left out a couple of words there. As for the second shot, they have a couple thousand feet before the outcrop, but yeah, he or she, depending on when in the scene this takes place, is starting to put pressure on the vertical thruster controls.

Ok, this one did not come out as well as I would have liked, but oh well, I think it mostly comes from the fact that the background/souce image was too grainy so the bomber stands out too much. That and the fact that I still need to texture the bomber, oh well, it was just a quicky anyway.

post-341-1126321015_thumb.jpg

Ok that must be a rendering bug then, as for your picture with the engine, I will work on something like that, but I need an engine to use for it first. Right now I do not have much of the internals designed, so the best I could do is having the nacelle removed. Plus I would also need a good internal hanger scene to use. Which I plan to start working on soon.

nope shadow. looks more 2d than 3d and lacks details of the other side had, plus could be semi-transparent since the background also same color.

yah couple thousand feet should be like nothing for a space fighter.

327640[/snapback]

also lacks lighting effects and minor reflection of the surrounding area.

nope shadow. looks more 2d than 3d and lacks details of the other side had, plus could be semi-transparent since the background also same color.

yah couple thousand feet should be like nothing for a space fighter.

327640[/snapback]

also lacks lighting effects and minor reflection of the surrounding area.

328743[/snapback]

lot of the times when I render something Ill keep the surface reflections off if the results looks funny.

• 4 months later...

He's back and he brought friends. Well while Macrossworld was down I finished my minor redo of the Merlin and made the following picture based off this picture here: Su-30 2-ship ALso on a more personnal note, I am buying a house, it will go into escrow tomorrow, and depending on what the home inspector finds I will be moving in in March. I have so many conflicitng emotions right now I have no clue what to do.

post-341-1138676480_thumb.jpg