Battlefield 2 goes gold

My clan and I Festival of Frags got the demo from Filerush.com, and until such time as they come out with a linux version of the demo, we play at the Filerush.com Just type that into the server info and it comes right up.

I have to say that the squads and the commander really make things interesting and fun....the game is much more challenging and fun with these new features over Desert Combat.....and this is only 1 map with a restriction of 32 players.

Twich

Edited by twich

Lets try to get a MW game going sometime!

Now that would be a great idea.

I got the the demo working and this is a great game. I have to learn how to fly the jets better. I crash before I get shot down. I love driving the tank. I just might have to order the full version now.

I'm frusterated, I've tried downloading new drivers from Nvidia, I've tried using the ones with the game, I've tried using my old ones. Everytime the screen goes black like the game is starting, then it reverts to thr desktop. Other games (like call of duty) work, I just don't get it.

I'm frusterated, I've tried downloading new drivers from Nvidia, I've tried using the ones with the game, I've tried using my old ones. Everytime the screen goes black like the game is starting, then it reverts to thr desktop. Other games (like call of duty) work, I just don't get it.

My problem was pretty scary. I installed the 77.30 driver, rebooted and XP won't load (blue screen of death).

I went into safe mode, used Driver Cleaner to clean out all the old video driver, then install the 77.3 driver again.

Now it works...

Lets try to get a MW game going sometime!

sure, I'll be up for it. I really need to learn how to pilot the jet and chopper too...

and I 'll need top learn how to use the comander functions. :(

But at least I kick ass in a Tank,,It's fun taking out Blackhawks and Cobras with a T90 :lol:

Also,, how do I change positions,, like when i'm in a jeep but I don't want to drive but fire the machine gun instead.

I'm still not happy with how they just axed Trauma Studios, the guys who developed DC, after they bought them.

It's like they bought the competition, took their models, and the intellectual property rights, then kicked them off the ship.

Problem with BF2 DEMO!!!! Help!!!

It was working fine until yesterday.

Now today, when I go to join any server, the little black box that says loading comes out, and then nothing happens and I stay and the server selection screen.

Whats going on?

Problem with BF2 DEMO!!!! Help!!!

It was working fine until yesterday.

Now today, when I go to join any server, the little black box that says loading comes out, and then nothing happens and I stay and the server selection screen.

Whats going on?

Ladic, I've read that its some sort of BF2-versus-firewall issue. THere's supposed to be a patch in the works for it, but most of the time I can get it to run by quitting and restarting BF2.

perhaps you just updated windows??? I don't know but I just updated windows with some new patch yesterday and I can't play BF2 online until i restart. I didn't want to restart yet because I was downloading a bunch of stuff.

Edited by F360°

Yes, I updated windows today with some patch, and now that you mention it, since then i cant play.

But strange thing is I've restarted the game and the PC on several ocassions and still cant play.

I really like the demo, but I cant, for the life of me get the damn Voice IP thing to work, it works until I die, then....Poof! Its gone! I hope that the full version isnt quite so glitchy....but otherwise it look sand plays quite nicely on my machine

Specs:

Amd Athlon 64 3000+

1 GB Kingston DDR400 Dual Channel Ram

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 Video Card

Twich

I'm feeling pretty confident behind the "stick" in a chopper too, but I'll admit that I'm hopeless in a jet. I need to beg, borrow or steal a joystick so I can practice my flying skillz.

thats funny ...im horrible in choppers , i can barely make it off the flightdeck without crashing into the water ..and godforbid i start to turn at all then it becomes hopeless and im doomed

but when it comes to jets im an ace...full rolls ....scraping the heads of people....dogfighting..i love it

maybe thats why i want a macross mod soooooo bad =)

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

Well since the games out now, are we gonna get up a MW server along with Team speak???

I would not mind doing that.

I picked up the Zboard with the Battlefield 2 key so it is on.

I wanna get one of those. Let me know if its any good.

• 3 weeks later...
Well since the games out now, are we gonna get up a MW server along with Team speak???

I would not mind doing that.

I picked up the Zboard with the Battlefield 2 key so it is on.

I wanna get one of those. Let me know if its any good.

309928[/snapback]

For me it is a great keyboard. A lot of sites recommend it. You have programmable keys up top on the base. The key sets switch easily. It has preset layouts for popular games. You can update the key sets from the keyboard directly. It has a two port USB hub built in.