Hooking "Backpack" with FAST attached

armentage

I've a 3rd edition VF-1S Roy, and I just got my grubby paws on a FAST/Strike pack...

Anyway, everything goes on well and attaches properly, except I can't figure out how to keep the backpack from falling backwards in batroid form due to the weight of the giant thursters.

There's that white pieces that is supposed to go in there (to add support? To fill in the gap?) but I can't figure out how it's supposed to work - it's hooks are too small to fit over the back piece that hooks to the backpack.

Actually I've always had trouble keeping the backpack area in the proper position in Battroid form... anyone have ideas/suggestions/pictures that might help? I'm sure I must be missing something...

The answers you seek are in this thread. Complete with pictures and such.

The trick is that the hatch that the head passes through can actually be pressed down further than flush, where it then snaps into couple of pegs. But the pictures in that thread explain it better than I can here.

Congrats on the FAST Pack purchase!

H

SNEAKY SNEAKY!

I had no idea just how sneaky yamato is!

Thanks! The FAST pack really makes the VF-1S come alive. I'm still giddy about it.

Yep, a FAST Packed 1/48 is a thing of beauty. Especially with some aftermarket stickers/decals on 'em!

Enjoy!

hi! i am new here. Wow ! that nice. You got your "Fast Pack". I really envy you. Where did you get yours? Is it expensive? As i am a student, i cannot afford expensive stuffs. Presently, I am looking for a fast pack too. Do you all know where i can get it? I am staying in Singapore. I think it is really hard to find 1 here. Anyone got any recommendation? I really need 1 Fast Pack for my valkyrie. Help me plsssss!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, and no I didn't hear it anywhere, but based on Yamato's recent actions I don't see why they wouldn't rerelease the FP set. Remember 2 Christmases ago (or was it last year) when Yamato first released the FPs there wasn't enough to cover everyone that had a 1/48 and the prices went up ridiculously? I feel like we're at that point again. In any case maybe waiting it out a bit can save you some cash, if not these guys are just gonna get more expensive quick.

I got mine from Ebay. I'm no great pheonix when it comes to bidding, so I just took one of the over-priced Buy-It-Nows.

The way I see it, I only over paided by a couple of vokda-tonics, so I'll drink a few beers to make up the difference!

Really, it was worth it, the thing looks SO MUCH more imposing with the packs on.

I got mine from Ebay. I'm no great pheonix when it comes to bidding, so I just took one of the over-priced Buy-It-Nows.

The way I see it, I only over paided by a couple of vokda-tonics, so I'll drink a few beers to make up the difference!

Really, it was worth it, the thing looks SO MUCH more imposing with the packs on.

TISINC huh :lol: ?

I got mine from Ebay.  I'm no great pheonix when it comes to bidding, so I just took one of the over-priced Buy-It-Nows.

TISINC huh :lol: ?

Had to be. Or it was Valkaholic.

i have no doubt the FPs will be released again.

they already own the molds, they know theres a demand, so it would only be logical to release them again so they can make more money.

i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they annonuced another production run right after/during the CF release. it isn't a new product so we're not going to hear about it until they contact their vendors and give them the good word.

BTW, this is all speculation and opinion, i don't even need another FP kit.....yet. :D

Ah Coulda Shoulda, BBTS had a sale for $35.00 and I boought 3 of them, I opened only one, the others still intact, I own 3 1/48 so i'm ok.

1 Low Viz, 1 VF-1s and a VF-1J, now i'm waiting for the Cannon Fodder

Always read your e-mails with them every time that new products arrive they always do sales, usually their price are high but you can't beat his discounts. :p

haterist Posted on May 26 2005, 01:02 PM

i have no doubt the FPs will be released again.

they already own the molds, they know theres a demand, so it would only be logical to release them again so they can make more money.

I was just thinking the same thing. It would make sense to rerelease the FP's, specially right after the 1/48 CF's come out.