Rogue Squadron 3 delayed!!!!!

Macross_Fanboy

And who the heck said it was a track shooter? <_<

Couldn't think of the term for it other than that. The Rogue Squadron games are like glorified versions of games like Area 51 or Time Crisis to me. I'd much rather play TIE Fighter.

Vostok 7

Errr.... you have no clue what you are talking about, do you? <_<

Yeah Vostok, have you played any of the Rogue Squadron games? If you ask me I'd say that you can perform loops and do lateral 360s. And you have to dogfight in the game, something that can't be done just by going on rails. The only on rails thing of the previous Rogue Squadron games would be the TIE fighters, bombers and interceptors. In Rogue Squadron 2 you get a few kicks from seeing what the interceptors do in Endor. Last time I was chasing a pair they broke formation and flew straight "up" and began rolling. I was like, "Ooh...I've got tone!" And boom, I blew one of them into a million little pieces with a proton torpedo. B) I like the little red button...

The only on rails mission in Rogue Squadron 2 would be the Death Star Escape. You man one of the turrets on the Falcon and take on the TIEs while Chewie is maneuvering. I don't really see how it's styled after Area 51 or Time Crisis. :blink:

I think Vostok is confused with the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, now that's an arcade I never get tired of, even if there is a couple of inaccuracies ;) . And you two (Abombz and Vostok) are like fire and ice, except who's the fire and who's the ice? :p

Well Kotar comes out for the PC soon so I can partake in the SW goodness there.

Errr.... don't get so hyped up for it. <_<

If they haven't heavily fixed the Xbox version glitches.... this is will be one annoying video game. <_<

One word that even X-box doesn't do well, Patches ;) Anyway I keep hearing nothing but good things about it. Gotta agree with abombz on this bout rogue leader, it give you full range of motion, and complete control of where you want to go. missle weapons are limited, and there are no silly regeneration things you can pick up. Granted ships with astromech's can regenerate but thats how it works in SW, thats what astromechs are for in the movies as well. Starfox while I liked it was definantly a rail shooter in 3D, all range mode the exception.

Edited by GobotFool

Abombz... :lol: and Star Fox 64 did have all range in some of the missions, I liked when you had to take on Star Wolf. "Uncle Andross!" I really want to try Knights of the Old Republic, I saw the trailer for it in Gamestop the other day and was amazed. The one prequel game that would actually rock besides Star Wars Clone War.

Abombz... :lol: and Star Fox 64 did have all range in some of the missions, I liked when you had to take on Star Wolf. "Uncle Andross!" I really want to try Knights of the Old Republic, I saw the trailer for it in Gamestop the other day and was amazed. The one prequel game that would actually rock besides Star Wars Clone War.

I know. But those were few and far between. Only 3 or 4 if I recall.

As for KOTOR.... it looks amazing... but it falls short on just about everything. The graphics, in pro-scan really really look like a first generation PS2 game (lack of anti alising everywhere). THe story is alright, though a bit predictable. The AD&D really fits the game. The game play is nothing special. Some of the new D&D rules are annoying. Jedi not being able to use force powers using armors while the Sith can... is a load of bull. And the glitches!! OMG the glitches!! I still wonder how the heck that game made past testing phases. <_<

There was an arcade version? :blink:

Not the super bombad racing one, but the good one.

There was an arcade version with a mockup of Annie's pod with realistic controls and everything. Totally rocked.

Vostok 7

I played it too...it was awesome!

:lol: Well, yeah I like that poem too Isamu. But still, it looks amazing, I like Star Wars a lot. Have any of you read the New Jedi Order books? They're awesome. Nice hack and slash action.

I love the NJO books.... specially that one that concentrated on Jacen after he was captured. THough... some of the deaths were useless and un necessary... such as Anakin and Ganner. And I'm glad they didn't decide to kill Saba Sabatyne in the end of Force Heretic 1. I hope they don't kill her period.

Not only is Rogue Squadron not on rails, about 40% of RSIII isn't even in a fighter.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks amazing, and for Star Wars fans, it gives them the ability to play through just about all of the best moments from the triliogy... but there's seriously a ton of other games to play between now and then. And for the hardcore gamer in me, there's too many that look better than RSIII, so I'm thinking that I'm going to have to overlook that one.

I explained why I liked the series.... I have nothing to compare it to. <_<

I know, I know. :D I'd go into it here, but that's kind of OT. Just believe me when I say that there's much better Eu out there than all of the NJO combined. ;)

I don't doubt it.... but untill I read some of it.... I will still love NJO. ;)

Actually some of the deaths seemed necessary. Luke's vision of the future first had people thinking that it'd be Anakin in command of the new fleet of ships. But now that he's dead it's probably going to be Jacen commanding that fleet, or someone else. And I also hope they don't kill Saba off, they probably won't. I was a bit upset that Nom Anor wasn't killed, I wanted that bastard to die. I wonder how the series is going to end, it's ending this November! Well, all I know is that somehow they're going to "convert" the Yuuzhan Vong over to the side of the "infidels" and blow Shimrra away. And I think the series are hilarious, especially when Anakin goes to Yavin Four to help the students in the Jedi Academy as the Yuuzhan Vong reach the moon. He gets smacked around...those books are comedy. It's also funny how some of the Yuuzhan Vong die because they don't know about technology, like Corran's dual mode lightsaber feature. :lol:

Actually some of the deaths seemed necessary. Luke's vision of the future first had people thinking that it'd be Anakin in command of the new fleet of ships. But now that he's dead it's probably going to be Jacen commanding that fleet, or someone else. And I also hope they don't kill Saba off, they probably won't. I was a bit upset that Nom Anor wasn't killed, I wanted that bastard to die. I wonder how the series is going to end, it's ending this November! Well, all I know is that somehow they're going to "convert" the Yuuzhan Vong over to the side of the "infidels" and blow Shimrra away. And I think the series are hilarious, especially when Anakin goes to Yavin Four to help the students in the Jedi Academy as the Yuuzhan Vong reach the moon. He gets smacked around...those books are comedy. It's also funny how some of the Yuuzhan Vong die because they don't know about technology, like Corran's dual mode lightsaber feature. :lol:

LOL. My only problem is that Jacen became the coolest character in Traitor.... only to become just another jedi loser right on the next book.

When he took out those Yuuzhan Vong in the Nursery crap covered in Amphi Staves.... now that was kick ass!! :o

Yeah. He killed a lot of Yuuzhan Vong, I wished that he killed the Dhuryam! That way the Yuuzhang Vong soiled themselves in vain by going to Coruscant. Well he's with Danni now so of course he's a loser. All those moments alone he had with her and he brushed them off because he wanted to find Zonama Sekot, what a loser! Even though that was a bit more important, but still! And when he saved Wyn Fel it was funny. "Wow, you were amazing!" And when Pellaeon razzed Commander Vorik. :lol::lol::lol::lol: I had to read those parts over two times just for the laughs! :lol::lol:

Yeah. He killed a lot of Yuuzhan Vong, I wished that he killed the Dhuryam! That way the Yuuzhang Vong soiled themselves in vain by going to Coruscant. Well he's with Danni now so of course he's a loser. All those moments alone he had with her and he brushed them off because he wanted to find Zonama Sekot, what a loser! Even though that was a bit more important, but still! And when he saved Wyn Fel it was funny. "Wow, you were amazing!" And when Pellaeon razzed Commander Vorik. :lol::lol::lol::lol: I had to read those parts over two times just for the laughs! :lol::lol:

LOL... wasn't he in love with Tenel Ka or something? And now.... Danni? WTF? :blink:

I think he did right keeping the Dhuryam alive.... at least now he can play some tricks through the World Brain. lol... I could stop laughing when it "flushed the toilet" on the YVs sacred cerimony. :lol: And then the itch plague...... now thats what I call a loser race. :p

Palleon:...... Empty!...... EMPTY!!......EMPTY!!!! :lol: And that not even counting the guy was sitting through the battle in a Bacta tank with special goggles on. :D

The only thing that annoyed me about NJO was the whole Lord Nyax story... if you are going to make a super Jedi.... at least make him so he won't be killed by Tahiri. <_<

I think he had a thing for Tenel Ka, but I guess she wasn't his type in the end. They're just friends and she's gone, she's ruling her planet. Her grandma's a bitch. Well, let's see how far Jacen goes with Danni, which I think is pretty far. Something makes me think that there will be another Anakin. Either another Anakin Solo or an Anakin Fel.

I just laughed when I said your name out loud with a high pitched voice. "Abombz" sounds like that monkey-looking Pokemon called Apom. Yes...I still watch it...only because I have to wait for the good shows and my brother loves it and all other monster battling shows...

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

I just laughed when I said your name out loud with a high pitched voice. "Abombz" sounds like that monkey-looking Pokemon called Apom. Yes...I still watch it...only because I have to wait for the good shows and my brother loves it and all other monster battling shows...

:blink::huh: <_<

...sorry, gotta do this...

"Abombz!! I choose you!!"

:lol: :lol:

*drops keyboard and runs*

Vostok 7