VF-11B leg problem

valkyrie312

I know all about the well-documented hip joint problem, but my VF-11B broke even though I never transformed it and only had it on display in battroid mode!!!! I moved it like 3 inches to rearrange my display shelves (to make more room for 1/48s) and the darned thing just cracked!!!! I was so p.o.ed!!!! Anyway, thanks for listening, as I just needed to vent to people who would actually understand. :(

Reply here if you are angry too!!! :rolleyes:

David

If you superglue it back together it'll be OK.

or he can do that one mod to it like everybody else did. I forgot where that one thread that had the instructions on how to mod it. Sorry to hear your loss David. I still have mine MISB and it's gonna stay that way!! ;):p:D:lol:

These things break and the drop of a hat. My bro's broke after a few months, but by the sounds of it the quality in the original release is just crapudiculous. I'm glad I bought the fastpack version, but even then I'm never transforming it out of fighter mode.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I hope you get it fixed soon.

That sucks. I'm always scared that is going to happen to one of my vf11bs. I believe someone wrote up a pretty good repair article a while back. If you can't find it, I would just take it apart and try your own fix.

yup i have 2 broken legs on mine. to be honest you cannot really glue it back because even the slightest twist or bend will re-break it. you need to add a metal pin into it to stop it from breaking again.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

ah yes, the weak hip joint plagued by the first issue vf-11b. I have fixed mine, then put it back in the box...seems ok now...it's inside a climate controlled 5 inch thick safe buried under my house. :lol:

Time to go get me a shovel!

ah yes, the weak hip joint plagued by the first issue vf-11b. I have fixed mine, then put it back in the box...seems ok now...it's inside a climate controlled 5 inch thick safe buried under my house. :lol:

LOL, I know that's how *I* like to display my collection so I can look at it all the time! :)

Mine broke too. Recently, I just tried to pose it in battroid and the leck didn't even "pop" like most plastic does....the leg just kind of fell off!?!?

And people say the MPC quality is crappy!! :rolleyes: No offense to you MPC haters... I am just venting too. It stinks when a toy you spend $60-$70 on basically falls apart on you. <_<

I really like the design of the vf-11b. Oh well, I put the leg back on and transformed it to plane mode and have it diplayed on it's good side. I may attempt to permanently fix it when I can take time from the other ten thousand things I need to get done.

I beleive the legs break off because the toys were assembled with a screw too big for the hole in the hip posts.

Most VF-11's came "cracked" from the factory due to the oversize screw. People have even received new VF-11's with the legs already broken off.

The easiest fix I have found is to remove the screws from the hip posts that holds the black ball on.

If the leg is broken super glue the hip post back together then super glue the black ball onto the post.

If the post is not cracked or broken off then remove the screw from the post and glue the ball onto the post.

Its not glamorous but it has worked so far for me. The most important thing is if you have a original VF-11 get the screw out if there is any sign of stress in plastic of the post.

The one hip broke on mine over a year ago, and I super glued it back on. I went to transform it the other day, and wouldn't you know the SAME FREAKING HIP broke AGAIN. Only this time, it was where I super glued the hip before, but closer to the body. So now I have two break points on the same hip. I took the other leg off and I can see numerous stress points on that hip as well. Looks like I need the revised copy...

This is why I like to read reviews before buying stuff. I can't stand toys that break or have problems with limbs. (unless like the banrestos they are cheap and easy to solve problems)

Toys are supposed to be robust and unbreakable not like models.

Anyway what seems to be the thing holding people back from just buying vb11 w fast pack? Once these become scarce it will be harder to get a decent vf11 toy that doesn't fall apart.

The other day I tried to get vf19a (light blue game one) off ebay and was outbid! damn. Wish I had the chance to get one of these. Anyone willing to sell me thiers in good condition-mint condition?

I love the VF-11. I was really disappointed in the toy, though. I remember seeing the prototypes for the first time and getting really really excited. Then I got one and I could tell from the feel of the plastic that I'd best be damn careful.

I'm kinda glad I have it (wish it had the FPs!), but especially after hearing even more reports about them breaking, I think I'll leave it in its box for good.