Star Trek: Enterprise SERIES FINALE is tonight.

Man, I knew there was a reason I drifted away from watching Enterprise. The finale was pure B.S. I like CDR Riker and Deanna Troi, but come on! this ain't their show. They [writers] really screwed the pooch on this one by making it a TNG ep. Like Ms. Jolene Blalock of shooting the final ep, "It's apalling." Exactly what we got! :angry:

The finale was so bad, that it featured two Rikers in 10-forward, as well as 1988-89 hairstyles and uniforms because it was recycled footage.

Couldn't they have chosen some recycled footage that maybe DIDN'T INCLUDE Riker already? Idiots!

Isn't there a fan petition to get B&B kicked off the show or any future productions in the franchise? And if there isn't one...why isn't there one???

I really wanted to like that last episode, but once again those idiots B&B screwed over Trek fans everywhere. There really was no reason to write Riker and Troi into this episode. It was almost like a cry for help "Look, its TNG and the Enterprise D! Remeber them?! We didn't suck donkey testicles back then did we?"

Instead of giving the cast of Enterprise a proper send off, they needlessly killed off Trip and then short changed all the other characters by making them backgrounds to Rikers story on the holodeck. They didn't even have the decency to write a stirring speech for Archer to read during the openinng ceremonies of the federation. Wasn't that what everything was leading up to?

Worst. Trek. Ever.

Everywhere I go says this is a bomb episode. Why the heck did paramount think it would be a sucess?

I have a theory.

They wanted to taint the license so badly that no one would request an Enterprise movie, or send them another annoying petition to bring it back.

Edited by JB0

They didn't even have the decency to write a stirring speech for Archer to read during the openinng ceremonies of the federation. Wasn't that what everything was leading up to?

That's exactly what I was expecting [Federation founding].

All these (Enterprise) characters had potential. It's too bad we had writers who had their heads up their a**es who did the show.

Again, I love my TNG characters, but it was lame making them steal the thunder from the Big E characters. Every other Trek finale did okay without help from the other incarnations.

Every other Trek finale did okay without help from the other incarnations.

On the other hand, every other Trek got a sendoff from the prior show in episode 1(Dr. McCoy was the only one on Next Generation, but they worked Scotty, Spock, and Kirk in later).

I too have never seen a single episode of Enterprise as it's never aired in HK, but I did catch a few minutes of it last time I was back in UK visiting family. It seemed really drab and boring though, so I turned off after about 10 minutes.

I haven't liked any Trek since DS9. Tried a couple of episodes of Voyager, but hated it as well.

Graham

They [writers] really screwed the pooch on this one by making it a TNG ep.

Don't blame the writers, B & B wrote These Are The Voyages not them.

Well, all the same, whoever wrote Big E, whether "B & B" or the writer of the SW Holiday Special :wacko: all these seasons, killed the show! All freakos!

I haven't watched Enterprise since the first season. It's a shame that the writing for this series was so lame, because there was potential. I personally think Trek is not coming back ever, but who knows. Maybe Majel Barrett Roddenberry and her son Rod will take over the franchise in a couple of years and bring it back in the truest vision of the Great Bird of the Galaxy.

I personally think Trek is not coming back ever, but who knows.

Yeah, who knows indeed. Though Trek probably needs a good hiatus for now (as painful as that maybe). Then maybe in a couple of years, it'll make a big comeback again.

Yeah Enterprise was a big let down, I saw a few minutes of the finale and thought the episode was crap. I still find it hard to believe that there is a whole universe in Star Trek and the writers can think of anything new focus on. I think if they ever make another series, that they should move away from the bridge crew perspective and focus on something else inside the trek universe.

I think if they ever make another series, that they should move away from the bridge crew perspective and focus on something else inside the trek universe.

Hmmm. . .

DS9 was a pretty good idea. But then again, it was a "senior crew" perspective similar to the bridge crew.

Yeah, there are always other possibilities and ideas.