Best (new) Anime Series You´ve seen lately

Haven't been watching much new anime recently.

I enjoyed GITS SAC & GITS SAC 2nd Gig (but they are hardly new now)and I liked what I've seen of Eureka 7, but that's it.

I've been building up my DVD collection of favorite horror, action and sci fi movies instead of watching anime recently.

Graham

Not all of these are new.

I've been trying to finish watching Gundam Seed Destiny(about 1/3 of the way), Turn A Gundam (surprisingly original!) G Gundam (haha very cheesy), Aquarion, a bit of Eureka 7 and Samurai Champloo. I have downloaded things like Trinity Blood, and Basilisk but haven't gotten around to watching it.

In Gundam Seed Destiny there is this transforming mobilearmor/mobile suit mecha called the Murasame that kinda looks like a valkryie hehe. I might want to get a model/toy of this. Too bad I got no money left.

Recently I decided to watch all three star wars prequel trilogy movies in a row on dvd and plan to see macross 7 one more time with the central anime fansubs. (originally I watched it with hk bootleg ones)

Then after that I will start on Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away from watching dld anime for a while and have recently started to download off of some torrent sites again... I'm interested in the new appleseed that recently came out only ot find out my codecs are outdated... Do you guys have any suggestions for some good codec packs? last I used was nemo from a few years ago.

Just download all the players. I got VLC player, Windows media player, Core Media Player, BS player, MPlayer classic, etc

The only real problem now is they all fight each other to be the default player and I can't simply double click a file to open it. :D Instead I have to open the player then open a file from its menu.

But it is better to assume you need everything instead of trying to find favourite and then being disapointed. So if something fails in one you have others to try them on. :p

I think there is a program callled GSpot that can help you identify what codecs you need by looking at the file which you may want to check out.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just finished volume 9 of Gantz last night. Has anyone seen this series? Some people call it a poor excuse for lots of violence and sex, but I actually find it entertaining. At least the story is different from all the stuff out there. However, there are still a few things I don't like - mediocre CGI graphics, a lot of dumb dialogue, a lot of standing around during the middle of the series. Still, I look forward to seeing the last volume of the show. What are your thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

I loved Trinity Blood and how it built up towards where it ended , but I found out that's all there is to Trinity Blood, because the author passed away before finishing his work. And the anime was anything but wrapped up. By half the final episode, I already knew this will not end well. Too many things left un-explained. Battle scene is dragging out too long.....oh no...no answers.....GAHHHH.....and there...really are no answers. Unless you've read the manga and novels, which i dug up some info over the net since I was dying to know a few things that the anime never got to explaining.

This pseudo- medievel futuristic show is way cool. ;)

Here's hoping a OVA prequel of sorts will be released in the near future.

Edited by wolfx