IF Yamato made SDF-1

route242

When is Yamato toys going to make SFD-1 toys. I really want one.

Here is my question.

If Yamato does make SDF-1 toys one for tv series and movie version. Is the only difference the two SDf-1 is the battleship hand tv series verses flat landing pad from the movie.

If there is no difference in head to body of SFD-1, maybe Yamato should make one SDF-1 with two sets of hands. I know some of you will buy two of them.

as far as i know they're different colors, have slightly different cannons, and i think the arms are totally different too...also the thrusters/legs are different too...if yamato was to make a sdf-1 it'd most likely be the dyrl version since that's the only version that has the most detail, never released, and yamato has mainly focused on dyrl...

it would be a nice idea without a doubt though...

A DYRL version would look cool!

It would go great next to my M-0 valk, 1/60 Monster and YF-19 FP valk. What I mean is I would rank it as possible to be made as the three I just mentioned. Mind you I would be pleasantly surprised.

Now's the part where we add "they should make it 1/48 scale ;):lol:

HAHA! I'd love to see you get the box of that sucker through the door. :lol:

No, I think "lawn ornament" fit's the bill here. A rather macross size lawn ornament, I mean. :p

And then you can have those lawn gnomes as the Zentradi and have either your 1/48 Valks destroy them or pretend the Macross destroys those with fire works. :D

:blink:

A 1/48 scale SDF-1 would be a habitable structure. :ph34r:

Actually your right.

I'm now thinking those mobile homes shipped on those huge flatbed trailers.

Yep, I'm livin' in my own toy. :lol:

Would be a be-atch to transform though. Unless is has it's own transformation engines. Then my home inside could be trashed just like the city inside Macross when it transformed the first time in the TV series. :ph34r:

Just make sure your outside before you throw the switch. Don't want to be crushed inside. :p

Edited by Wheels

:blink:

A 1/48 scale SDF-1 would be a habitable structure. :ph34r:

Actually your right.

I'm now thinking those mobile homes shipped on those huge flatbed trailers.

Yep, I'm livin' in my own toy. :lol:

Would be a be-atch to transform though. Unless is has it's own transformation engines. Then my home inside could be trashed just like the city inside Macross when it transformed the first time in the TV series. :ph34r:

Just make sure your outside before you throw the switch. Don't want to be crushed inside. :p

great... now somebody is going to buy a mobile home and customize it. Even a non-transforming one would probably lower the neighbors property values LOL.

wish I had more land :rolleyes:

Scale issues aside, please compare the TV and movie lineart for the SDF-1, I think you'll find they're pretty much two entirely different ships.

Edited by Renato

The surface of the SDF-1 looked to be completely redone, then again, that is probably the fact that the movie has more lavash animation than the TV series.

I would love it if they made the version seen at the beginning of Force of Arms. That was the most sweetly detailed TV SDF-1 I've ever seen.

It should be no bigger than two 1/48s tip to tail to be practical. Then again, they tried to make the 1/60 Monster....

I think that if they made it approximately 1/3000 or just a tad larger, the DYRL? version and put a bunch of detail into it it would be great. I won't go throwing around dollar amounts but I would pay a significant price for a really nice version.

I have said it a few times in other threads but I think that Bandai is really missing the boat by not putting out an SOC SDF-1 in the scale they made the Space Battleship Yamato. That scale and level of detail with significant Diecast would make fans and collectors around the world happy, I don't see that product failing.......

I would love it if they made the version seen at the beginning of Force of Arms. That was the most sweetly detailed TV SDF-1 I've ever seen.

BAD! It's "Loves Drifts Away". . . RT-er! Burn him!

ummm, other than the dubbing/translation, the robotech series and macross series are exactly the same. ;)

i believe yamato will eventually make the SDF-1, its just a waiting game. with all the other stuff they've released, it wouldn't make any sense for them not to make it.

If that is the case then are you saying we will see a 2 seater?

Well, the old intel that Graham got said that the SDF-1 was going to be the final jewel in Yamato's Macross crown. (Did it say they were actively pursuing a sculptor back in 2003?) Now since a change in management direction it is iffy in a lot of people's minds.

I think that a nicely detailed SDF-1 is a must for most collectors of MACROSS, hell, it is the focal point of the series.... I think if Yamato does decide to scrap their plans for it they are making a big mistake because it is an item that will sell big out of the gate and have constant demand for as long as people are watching anime.

i believe yamato will eventually make the SDF-1, its just a waiting game.  with all the other stuff they've released, it wouldn't make any sense for them not to make it.

If that is the case then are you saying we will see a 2 seater?

i dunno? but i think theres a pretty good chance they will come out.

the 1/60 VE, VT and 1D didn't do that well out the gate, everyone knows that. the people who wanted them bought them but it still took quite a while to sell out the stock. i think(as well as many others) the poor sales had to do with yamato releasing the 1/48 line before finishing the 1/60 line but now, all 3 valks are hard to find, i know i haven't seen any of the 3 in any store in a long time.

i think yamato learned from its mistakes and will slowly releases valks into the market and keep the demand high. when they first introduced the 1/48 line, they were releasing valks in pairs....

i.e. 1A hikaru and 1S roy, 1A max and 1A LV, 1S roy reissue 1S hikaru, 1J hikaru and super 1J hikaru, 1J max and 1J millia.

they know by now that they satuarated the market way too quickly so they're trying something new and releasing them inidividually. they got the GBP coming(with or w/o 1J bundle? hasn't been confirmed), the CF coming in august, and i think they'll release the 1D right before/after christmas. the VE will follow sometime in march/april, and the VT sometime in septemeber, then the SDF-1.

obviously this is all speculation but i think they have a very good idea what the fans want.....not including little nitpicks about this and that. if they just looked on ebay, they'd realize that theirs still a market for the entire 1/48 line. in just the past month people here were asking for 1A hikarus.....a f-in 1A hikaru for christ sakes! who would've of thunk it! :blink:

:huh: ? I gave away all my Robotech DVD's awhile ago. I just got the Animeigo set, but haven't had time to watch them all yet.

But I think my loyalty can be proven by my sig :p