Group buy on a 1/48 scale resin model kit:

jorawar_b

I talked to Jeffrey, from www.hobbyfan.com, they sell the 1/48 scale model kit of the VF-1S w/ weapons, but they are out of stock on them. He would be willing to order this kit if I can get about 15 people to commit.

Here is the link to the model page:

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?c...products_id=832

Jeffery is willing to give a discount on a group purchase so here are the details:

"Yes. We most likely would be able to offer group discount at that single purchase volume.

A 50% non refundable deposit is require for the production.

General production time will take 4-8 weeks once order is placed and confirmed.

For the discount rate. That will depends on which manufacture style preferred.

1) *Made Diecast landing gear parts. With BOX. Will received less discount because this particular manufacture give out less of discount to Hobbyfan.com. Max we can do is about 15%off

1) *Made by Special Harden Resin landing gear parts. Without Box. This other manufacture will offer a deeper discount. We can provide 30%off

Both will come with decal, instruction sheet booklet, and metal sheet details.

My opinion between the two.

#1 casting is very clean 10/10.Close to Zero seam line. with diecast landing gear. with heavy duty box, color photos. Very little discount.

#2 casting is clean 8/10 base from my scale level. Without diecast parts. no box, no photos. At a much deeper discount"

I have been looking at this kit for a while and wouldn't mind getting it, if there is anyone else who would like this, please add your name to the list, once we can get 15 people, I will e-mail jeffrey and then we can go from there.

1. Jorawar_b (2) - {I did order 2}

2. THOR

3. totallyrobot

4. godane79

5. yman1437

6. Viceland (2) - {e-mailed me and said ordered 2}

7. Dean - [cancelled]

8. Ranger565

9. Jole727 (2) - {e-mailed me and said ordered 2}

10. Darklord4 (2)

So far we have 13 kits.

We have got the min amount of 10 orders, now I am waiting on the company to see when the kit will be out.

Edited by jorawar_b

Hmm.. $237 versus $195. 40 odd dollars for better casting, diecast gear (which is not really a big deal) color reference photos and box. Man, I say aim for the for the sky and go for the less discounted one. I am way interested in this kit as well.

The discount is great but without the diecast parts the valk will sag due to weight after some time ;)

Also, does the price include shipping as it is not a light and shipping from Hong Kong can add another $30-40 to the total!

Funny, Jeffrey sent me a message last month saying he needed at least 20 orders before he could get production restarted on this kit.

Anyways, something like this is already in the works by Neova, and it seems it will be direct from G-Systems, no middle-man.

A flaw was found in the kit by jadefalconguard, he and Neova are co-operating to document this and submit a fix to G-Systems and hopefully get them to modify their masters before they go ahead and make new molds for eventual new kit orders.

See this thread...

From what I can tell, Neova was asking for a minimum of 15 orders too, he already has 7 to 8 orders, maybe more, but nothing official anywhere I could find. I have also shown interest to buy 2 kits, but haven't received a reply from Neova as of yet. In fact, Neova hasn't posted on MW since the end of March. Jade is inquiring.

I myself would rather wait a bit to see if Neova and Jade are successful in getting improvements done to this kit. I can be patient, can any of you?

Jeffrey had also assured me the special hardened resin landing gear can handle the load no problem.

Edited by Viceland

Hey guys, which ever way is the best is cool by me, I just want this kit, Also I wonder if they make a two seat version? That would be crazy, can you imagine a VE-1, VT-1 or the VEFR-1

Talked to Jeffrey, the postage will be as he quoted:

"Shipping cost will be rated by FedEX Ground (US Domestic) shipping.

Accordingly to your delivery address. So we wouldn't know until actual item has arrived." , " Kit will be shipping from San Francisco, California."

"That is the non G-System cast version without the box shown from photo.

Comes with the booklet and a full completed decal sheet. Vs. the basic G-System decal sheet. They offer the complete decal sheet as your would get from the original Club-M version. Which G-System had shorted that out."

Here are the pictures of the kit Jeffery sent me:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/trufantome/rb225e.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/trufantome/rb225a.jpg

So hopefully we can get 15 people together in order to get this kit. I think that once we figure out how many people want the basic kit vs How many want the better kit, then we can go from there.

If you are getting it recasted by Hobbyfan, make sure that they are using an original for recast and not a recast as it will severely affect the the quality, not only the shrinkage in size but also the detail ;)

Just looking out on fellow members since we are talking big bucks here!

Dear Guys,

This is what i got from G-Sys.........

We don't realise that there is obvious market demand on this kit. May be you can ask the hobbyfan.com.

Thanks.

Uraki

G-System

No market demand? i don't know.....they stopped production and if theres no demand, then why is it out of stock?

:huh:

I say lets combine the people from this and the other thread and get a group together.

I don't care who makes it first, I just want one in my collection, so if there is anyone who wants one please let me know and I will add the names. For those I updated, if you don't want one, just let meknow and I will take your name off.

I say lets combine the people from this and the other thread and get a group together.

I don't care who makes it first, I just want one in my collection, so if there is anyone who wants one please let me know and I will add the names. For those I updated, if you don't want one, just let meknow and I will take your name off.

Count me in ! i want one!!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Located a shop in Hong Kong with stock of the 1/48 Club-M recast and able to get more.

The cast is done by a reputable comapny in Hong Kong called "Hobby Club" and the kit comes with waterslide decals, photoetched parts, vacuum formed canopy and quality resin with harden resin for the wheels. In struction manuals is also neatly bounded.

The cost of it is at the moment $280 excluding shipping and PayPal fees. the price is straight from the shop but maybe can get it lowered if there are more orders. Also combined shipping to one address in the States should further reduce the cost.

Let me know, if there are any interested parties!

Valk,

Thanks for taking the time out to research this, come on guys, lets get the list going.

Valk can you post this info on the other thread also so we can get the ball moving.

thanks once again Valk

Okay, here is how the kit looks like!

The cast is nice and crisp with all details still there where it should be and there are no signs of warping.

The instructions are nicely photocopied and bound together, waterslide decals and photoetched parts are also present.

post-3-1118812184_thumb.jpg

common guys, here is the list

1. Jorawar_b

2. THOR

3. totallyrobot

4. godane79

5. yman1437

6. godane79

7. Logan

Valk how do we order this? maybe we can get a group buy by middle of july, this way we can give people time to get the funds together?

Edited by jorawar_b

To HWR MKII: I am not sure if they will just sell me the waterslide decals on its own but I will ask! I do see them offering the photoetched parts for around $25, so I do not see a problem in just getting the decals B))

To jorawar_b: Currently the shop has two sets on sale/display but says that more can be ordered; turnaround time is give or take 2 weeks. As far as I know, there is no minimum order but just hoping that the more kits ordered will give me more bargaining power for lower price ;)

Lets see if we can get at least 10 people or 15 at the most. Valk, when you have the time, please stop by and ask them what the discount break would be for 10-15 people or at least the 6 people so far.

Valk, I thank you once more for taking the time out to help your fellow macross buddies...lol

Please at your earliest, update us.

Edited by jorawar_b

Hi guys,

Located a shop in Hong Kong with stock of the 1/48 Club-M recast and able to get more.

The cast is done by a reputable comapny in Hong Kong called "Hobby Club" and the kit comes with waterslide decals, photoetched parts, vacuum formed canopy and quality resin with harden resin for the wheels. In struction manuals is also neatly bounded.

The cost of it is at the moment $280 excluding shipping and PayPal fees. the price is straight from the shop but maybe can get it lowered if there are more orders. Also combined shipping to one address in the States should further reduce the cost.

Let me know, if there are any interested parties!

Where is the shop exactly? I tried to search for it in the net , in the end i was directed to this website selling RC airplanes.

Is it at the famous toys street in Mongkok or what?

From what i know, G-System is there too.

Do let us know more about the location and if possible, a website for the shop.

:D

I got 2 of those from Hobbyfan when they got them in the first time. I got the one with the resin landing gear. The kit is incredible. The casting is great. The instructions are an ACTUAL BOOK. The photo-etched parts are exquisite, and the decal sheet is nothing short of spectacular. You will NOT be disappointed if you get EITHER from hobbyfan.

For the guys questioning the market for Macross stuff, Hong Kong has given up on it long ago. It's kinda hard finding the recast stuff at all. I've had feelers over there trying to locate stuff and nothing is to be had, pretty much. Hobbyfan and other recast sites occasionally find stuff here and there.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm put me on the list as a maybe cause I'm not sure myself but I would love this model but I need more details though before I go any further <_< and maybe an exuse to my Mom why I want this model would help :lol: But seriously try and help me here and I will try and help you.

Edited by Logan

Just had a chat with one of G-Systems supplier and apparently their mold for the 1/48 kit is exhausted and the original kit is long gone. It will take them some time to track down a kit for recast!