Land of the Dead Trailer

Ladic

it looks ok i have seen the others and found them good. i might be interested in this one as well.

chris

The real question is if Romero sticks to his traditional "the zombies are not the true enemy" storytelling or if he just sells out and makes a stupid summer twitch picture. The man fought the hollywood system in his other movies to get them made and released them the way he wanted so I really want this one to be a good "classic" Romero picture... only time will tell I guess.

It almost feels like too much emphasis is being put on the "uber zombies", but then again this is just the trailer... most likely just something thrown together from all the buzzy, edgy scenes in the movie.

His last full blown Zombie movie was Day of the Dead in 1985 but he did a TV commercial for Biohazard (Resident Evil) 2 in Japan in 1997 and was rumored to have been the first director/script writer on the Res Evil movie in the states but was booted. He has also supposedly been booted from other recent horror movies for various reasons.

In other words he was been working but he has not really had anything that has made it to the big screen in decades.

I didn't like the whole "zombies are getting smarter" deal though, if anything, zombies should just drop down and die for good at some point . =/

You're right, next thing you know we'll have

"Zombie -VS- Predator" in the theaters

with a good dose of "Jurrasic Park -Zombie"

I didn't like the whole "zombies are getting smarter" deal though, if anything, zombies should just drop down and die for good at some point . =/

You're right, next thing you know we'll have

"Zombie -VS- Predator" in the theaters

with a good dose of "Jurrasic Park -Zombie"

As long as the predators don't get cheap one shots like another certain Vs movie... I could care less :p

I'm sure a few years ago I remember reading something from Romero, where he mentions that if he got to make a 4th movie, he would have made it so that most of the Zombies would finally have decayed away and the human poulation was starting to rebuild itself. Certainly sounds different to the evolved Zombies we are now getting.

Anyway still really looking forward to this. Land of the Dead along with Serenity and SW epIII are the only 3 movies I plan to see at the cinema this year. Everything else, I'll just rent later.

Graham

Anyway still really looking forward to this. Land of the Dead along with Serenity and SW epIII are the only 3 movies I plan to see at the cinema this year. Everything else, I'll just rent later.

Graham

so you are not going to check out War of the Worlds?

chris

so you are not going to check out War of the Worlds?

chris

I doubt I'll bother with the Spielberg/Cruise version. It's not faithful to the book at all. Plus, I'm not really a fan of Cruise and only Speilberg's early work like Jaws and Close Encounters appeals to me.

I will check out the Pendragon version though, once the DVD is available for rental, as it seems pretty faithful to the book.

Graham

gah, every single link I've seen for the trailor has been broken

Must.. find it..

But yeah, I'm a big fan of Romero's Zombie movies. Dawn was my fav, and I don't think this one's gonna live up. But that's just me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Land of The Dead opened here in Hong Kong on Thursday August 11th. I finally got to see it yesterday. Would have loved to see it on the opening night, but family commitments kept me busy until yesterday :( .

Great movie and definitely needs multiple viewings. As a Zombie movie, it kicks the ass of that crapy (IMO) Dawn remake from last year. Romero is still the king when it comes to Zombie movies. Lots of great Zombie kills, good action and enough blood and gore to keep most Zombie fans happy.

My only real complaints are that at 92 minute it was a bit too short. I would have liked it to be at least 30 minutes or even an hour longer. And secondly, I thought a bit more character development would have been nice.

Oh, and somebody has to make a toy of the Dead Reckoning, that thing kicks some serious ass.

Looking forward to the directors cut DVD.

Graham

I loved how all the rich and pampered people were totally unequipped to defend themselves.

Definately preserved the feel of the other Romero zombie movies.