Eureka 7

Aegis!

I was just discussing this show with my friend and we both aggreed on how completely different and refreshing it feels to watch this after wading through Destiny.

I particulary noticed the bit in 18 where Woz asks Renton to "move the Nirvrash a little" and so Renton tears down the ramp and spins it while standing up.

Try finding that in Gundam. :lol:

I was just discussing this show with my friend and we both aggreed on how completely different and refreshing it feels to watch this after wading through Destiny.

I particulary noticed the bit in 18 where Woz asks Renton to "move the Nirvrash a little" and so Renton tears down the ramp and spins it while standing up.

Try finding that in Gundam.  :lol:

344332[/snapback]

Ok, so I was wrong about the whole minor character growth thing! ;)

After watching episode 18 I realized that it was subtle build-up that was actually quite deep. And 18 really explodes with Rentons little 'Sure I'll more it!'(that was the poo wasn't it!! ;) ), Renton's easly handling of those guards, and most surprisingly well done Eureka's lashing out at all those very close to her.

Added bonus was the fact they the production is getting to be of higher quality and I've finally seen the first non-anime hair highlights from this CGI era! Toss in GONZO's bold move with their use of textures(not the simple color tones that you normally see) in Gankutsuou and by damned it looks like we maybe headed back towards the 84-85 quality pretty soon!!! B))

Right on,

That final scene with Eureka's reaction to Rentons almost ignorance of her after she finally managed to swallow her pride was just amazing to watch.

So brief but so memorable.

btw, If you really like the show then check out the translated mangas by the same group. 5 are out so far and it looks like it could end up being very different.

Nanashi's site is doing the subs.

Edit: Post modified. Sorry about that.

290422[/snapback]

Oh yeah!?? So is he going to put his watermark across the screen and act like he owns it and is the creator?? You know like he does with ALL Macross pictures he puts on his site?

290422[/snapback]

Oh yeah!?? So is he going to put his watermark across the screen and act like he owns it and is the creator?? You know like he does with ALL Macross pictures he puts on his site?

345069[/snapback]

Pretty much and arroganly blends the groups credits into the shows credits. Like it's gonna raise them any money or give them copyright abilitys. But I could give a rats ass about who's doing the subs as long as it's remotly understandable. And I firmly believe only a small handful of people actually give a poo either.

That aside, I love the little bits that the secondary characters get. Like Gidget pursuing Moondoggy(even getting laid in those ruins lol) and Hilda dominating in her relationship with Matthleu(a wimp but I think he likes it). Holland those is clearly becoming the 'bastard' character of the show, but you don't know if he's running away from something or running towards something. A bit of both I think!

Just realized today that Renton is actually pretty damned mature in the way he handled Eureka's stead withdraw from their relationship and Eureka's being childlish or a SINGLE time that Renton wanted to be alone. It's just so great! to see anime characters who have multiple aspect personalities and are shown, not just a 'given' thing because they have a title or position of power within the show.

Man I can't hardly wait to see what type of clash they are going to get into later on in the show!!!

Just realized today that Renton is actually pretty damned mature in the way he handled Eureka's stead withdraw from their relationship and Eureka's being childlish or a SINGLE time that Renton wanted to be alone. It's just so great! to see anime characters who have multiple aspect personalities and are shown, not just a 'given' thing because they have a title or position of power within the show.

Man I can't hardly wait to see what type of clash they are going to get into later on in the show!!!

345128[/snapback]

Didn't thought of it that way ...but yeah! This show rocks. The last scene just as Renton slams his door, and the sound that follows....i was like...WOAH!!! Bring it on! Acperience 2!!! :lol:

290422[/snapback]

345069[/snapback]

Pretty much and arroganly blends the groups credits into the shows credits. Like it's gonna raise them any money or give them copyright abilitys. But I could give a rats ass about who's doing the subs as long as it's remotly understandable. And I firmly believe only a small handful of people actually give a poo either.

345128[/snapback]

Ummmm, I really don't think Nanashi on Macross World has anything to do with Nanashi the fansub group....and just have to say that most fansub groups blend in their credits with the show's. I'm pretty sure it's not about raising money or rights or anything, it just looks better.

290422[/snapback]

345069[/snapback]

345128[/snapback]

Ummmm, I really don't think Nanashi on Macross World has anything to do with Nanashi the fansub group....and just have to say that most fansub groups blend in their credits with the show's. I'm pretty sure it's not about raising money or rights or anything, it just looks better.

345235[/snapback]

its the same guy. His "I own everything I touch" style bleeds through like a little girls first period and she's wearin white.

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 19 is now available and though the subs have fallen a bit behind the 3rd opening single is also out.

I've watched it and I have to say that I felt dissapointed watching this episode, but only because it seemed so damn short... :blink:

There are some cool military mechs in this episode.

Edited by Fort Max

Episode 20 was awesome! I really hated Holland for taking out his poo on Renton. But then later, alot of other people were frustrated , not only Holland, namely Talho. Woah lots of drama going on here. Love it! Love how they depict Holland's childishness vs Renton's childishness. Roxx0rz!

But during Renton berserk mode, I was reminded of Evangelion, where Shinji battled Bardiel, (Eva03 infected). The part where he was pulling the controls, the part where he was punching the KLF's head, the part where he looked at the dismembered hand which i was half expecting a scream, but instead a puking sound.

w00ts!

PS: Funny how the KLF's now bled instead of exploding as usual.

Edited by wolfx

Ep 20 was THE episode!

Really good character develpment (I can't believe we're almost halfway in the series) but there's a lot of Eva stuff here, ie bloody mecha. The fight was nice but it was a little weird to see so much blood.

And it's only me or Eureka looks really hot in her "new" form. ;)

PS: A pic of mah viewtiful Nirvash! Clicky!

Edited by LinxCrossq

Episode 20 was awesome! I really hated Holland for taking out his poo on Renton. But then later, alot of other people were frustrated , not only Holland, namely Talho. Woah lots of drama going on here. Love it! Love how they depict Holland's childishness vs Renton's childishness. Roxx0rz!

351385[/snapback]

I'm working on getting ep #20 right now! 17-19 is a great little story arc that really spotlights the building tensions and mystery that still surronds the crew. What gets me isn't how it's Holland VS Renton, but how Holland's using EVERYONE VS Renton's feelings of continous betrayal by a man he respects(worships) and a girl he loves.

Has anyone else noticed the increased art quality? It's REALLY getting my hopes up for up coming anime!

351385[/snapback]

I'm working on getting ep #20 right now! 17-19 is a great little story arc that really spotlights the building tensions and mystery that still surronds the crew. What gets me isn't how it's Holland VS Renton, but how Holland's using EVERYONE VS Renton's feelings of continous betrayal by a man he respects(worships) and a girl he loves.

Has anyone else noticed the increased art quality? It's REALLY getting my hopes up for up coming anime!

351906[/snapback]

Ya know, after half a year and 20 episodes, i completely forgotten that Renton once idolised Holland. WTF....like it was completely out of mind until you mentioned it. *smacks self*

This show rox. :D

But during Renton berserk mode, I was reminded of Evangelion, where Shinji battled Bardiel, (Eva03 infected). The part where he was pulling the controls, the part where he was punching the KLF's head, the part where he looked at the dismembered hand which i was half expecting a scream, but instead a puking sound.

351385[/snapback]

There is an obvious similarity but I think that this is even darker as poor Shiji had control taken away from him, he would have stopped immeadiately if he could.

Renton just lost it and will have to live with what happened, maybe this will help him to understand Eurekas pain a little more.

It seems that this show can safely be called a hit, I just got the latest issue of Dengeki Hobby and they have an 8 page dedicated section complete with a Ray=Out replica frontpage. B))

I love how Holland has been taking out his weakness on Renton, he seems almost terrified that Renton will steal Eureka away from him but that raises the question of just what his interest in Eureka is... :blink:

... speaking of Holland, my cat is currently trying to oust the 909 from the top of the tele... :o

*runs*

Edited by Fort Max

Nice, does yours hold together well?

People who brought the Nirvarsh when it first came out said it had poor parts fit.

The 909 I have however holds together perfectly so I was wondering if they had fixed the intial problems.

351901[/snapback]

It hodls perfectly too. The only part that feels a little loose it's the one in the back that you have to take out for the vehicle transformation. Everything else is great.

Nice, does yours hold together well?

People who brought the Nirvarsh when it first came out said it had poor parts fit.

The 909 I have however holds together perfectly so I was wondering if they had fixed the intial problems.

351901[/snapback]

It hodls perfectly too. The only part that feels a little loose it's the one in the back that you have to take out for the vehicle transformation. Everything else is great.

352314[/snapback]

Good news, thanks. :D

I need to give Holland some support even if he doesn't want it. :p

Just finished watching #20.

Kinda flat. But it turns out that we totally get to see where Talho is standing in relationship to the other characters. The Intimate Outsider who sees ALOT of what is going on. Totally freak'd me out when she said that Holland went after Eureka instead of 'that person', the one Talho hates(badly)!!! :o This completely blows up what I thought Holland way trying to do(get Renton's sister back(that person)) and what his goals were. Now I'm back to guessing and grasping for clues.

The action is underwhelming, come-on! Getter Robo/EVA!,(at least they could've used more orginal music) and it would've really helped if Renton used the LFO against Holland's with the priest the one getting pulped. Which brings me to something else. Renton's new realization that EVERY other mecha unit he's fought he's killed that pilot..... violently. Stab in the fact that Renton has a desire for a family and the nasty gut-punch of seeing that the person he just murdered was married(married = family). Renton now understands that he's the same as Eureka. An Innocent Murderer.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... :blink:

I LUV IT!

Ep 21 is out!

Get it while is hot.

353181[/snapback]

MAJOR question.

Does Eureka get 'cured' in this episode?

Because generally the authors tend to pull the whole 'reborn' bit far to much and the way this series unpredictability is they may change the character somehow. So I don't wanna spoil it for later when I pick-up the Dubbed version.

----

ERrrrr nevermind. I just saw a capture from ep21 that helps explain 90% of the episode and one of the images in the shows introduction.

Edited by chrono

Not sure why you'd wanna watch a dubbed version but....

w00ts! When I saw the new characters 1st thing that came to mind was ..... Max and Miria! :lol:

Then I was like...wtf...only one board....wtf....then I was like...WOAH!

Next episode, Renton gets adopted by them....hohohoho. Drama happening soon!

w00ts! When I saw the new characters 1st thing that came to mind was ..... Max and Miria! :lol:

353398[/snapback]

Because I'm not a purist and I wish to actually fund more anime being brought into my country by supporting it nativily, but then again well over 75% of the people who dl anime will never buy it in any form.

And Drama has been happening where have you been at???

Edited by chrono

I buy originals of stuff i'd actually watch over and over again...like DYRL? which unfortunately isn't being released in region 1 yet. And even then i wouldn't watch it dubbed but that's just personal preference.

Yeah i know there's been drama all along....but now the drama THICKENS....mwahahhahha.....showdown between Renton and Holland soon...hohohohohohoho.

Edited by wolfx

353398[/snapback]

Because I'm not a purist and I wish to actually fund more anime being brought into my country by supporting it nativily, but then again well over 75% of the people who dl anime will never buy it in any form.

353428[/snapback]

It's true that there are a lot of people out there who will only ever download but for the record I'm not one of them and am eagerly awaiting E7's launch (scheduled for June here in England). :D

The Spearheads were actually quite cool, I didn't think much more of them once I'd seen them on the website and in the new Intro but they have some funky tricks up their sleeves. :blink:

Ep 22 it's been our for a couple of days now for anyone who still needs to get it.

If Eureka Seven get something absolutely right is the character development. Seeing Renton happy again makes you feel good inside. Now he only needs his onw LFO (other than the Nirvash is ok). =D

355152[/snapback]

Absolutely right. Also , don´t forget the mecha action aswell ;)

I´m so enjoying this series , I really was loosing hopes of seeing such a great show this time of the year but thanksfully I was wrong.

I feel confident enough as to say Eureka 7 fills the void left by the absence of a proper full lenght macross series in a extremely good manner , IMO.

It´s got one of the neatest character development in recent anime series , awesome Itano Circus-kinda action , Shoji Kawamori designs , AWESOME Music , and incredibly fluid and vivid animation.

Without a doubt E7 ranks within my top 5 anime series of all time.

And this is just for the first 1/3 of the series , I can´t imagine how it´s gonna build up to 70eps :blink::o

And this is just for the first 1/3 of the series , I can´t imagine how it´s gonna build up to 70eps

Well we haven't even started to find out about the twins, the deal with the Major, Renton's Sisters involvement, Talho's background, why their seems to be only 1 major power on the planet, the situation with Renton/Eureka/Nirvash triangle, the newer secondary characters and existing ones further development, what the hell those aliens are let alone what they want, and the whole point of the TITLE!

Remember Monster took awhile to heat up, so we maybe only starting to see the MAIN characters beginning to interact and the main plot starting off. And if that's the case..... "@^&%(&^%( ME!" :ph34r:

70Eps, where did you hear that?

ANN's encyclopedia has it at 50 for this show.

22 was good, I can't recall enjoying character development episodes so much in a long time.

And we finally got to see a full launch, yay for mecha fan service. :p

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else think that Ray's looks and expressions bear quite a resemblance to Anemone?