site that converts midis to ringtones

http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/faq/

this site has an uploader, and depending on what format your phone supports you can do various types of ringtones, most only support midi typically, but there are newer phones out there that support .wav and .mp3

Since i have a sprint phone, ill explain how to convert files into .qcp, which is qualcom's proprietary .mp3 like format, which will give you "real" songs instead of merely polyphonic midi tones. Right now, i use a kamen rider 555 ringtone.

first go to the above page, and select the the info for .qcp, what you will need to do is first convert the mp3 to .wav or use a wav, next open up a .wav editor like cool edit pro and change the sample rate to the one listed on the page. here is also whare you'll boot gain and stuff like that in order to make the tone louder.

Next just drag and drop the .wav into the converter, and it'll generate your qcp.

next enter your sprint phone number into the uploader and upload the file(works the same way as an E-mail attachment) for non sprint phones, i think you just enter your phones e-mail address.

Ether way it's the best way to do ringtones,without buying special software or dealing with expensive ringtone fees. Now to make a team america ring tone...