new Final Fantasy movie?

peter

:huh: I thought it was a going to be a game for the PSP or something...

So it is going to be a movie? :lol:

Actually, it's going to be a movie for the PSP. I don't know if it's getting a DVD release or not, but it's supposedly a definate thing for a UMD release.

:huh:  I thought it was a going to be a game for the PSP or something...

So it is going to be a movie?  :lol:

Actually, it's going to be a movie for the PSP. I don't know if it's getting a DVD release or not, but it's supposedly a definate thing for a UMD release.

huh?!?! why's that? You mean I gotta watch that beautifully animated movie on a tiny @$$ screen? ugh, that sucks. They better release it later on dvd.... <_<

Pardon my ignorance, but what's UMD? :blink::unsure:

It's my understanding that a DVD release is planned, but only well after the PSP version has had it's time in the sun. Seeing as it's about FFVII, I'm not really interested anyhow, but I'm sure there are fanboys out there that are suffering about that delimma

huh?!?! why's that? You mean I gotta watch that beautifully animated movie on a tiny @$$ screen? ugh, that sucks. They better release it later on dvd.... <_<

I'm going to assume that you've never seen a movie play from a UMD on the PSP? Believe me, especially coming off the Gameboys and the DS, the PSP's screen really isn't all that tiny, and really does do justice to movies on UMD. I was literally floored when I popped Spider-Man in just to see how it looked... and if you've got good headphones, the PSP sounds amazing, too. Plus, the PSP's screen is already 16x9 for widescreen...

Off the memory stick, well... it's still looking really good, but compression and what not take their toll.

I'm going to assume that you've never seen a movie play from a UMD on the PSP? Believe me, especially coming off the Gameboys and the DS, the PSP's screen really isn't all that tiny, and really does do justice to movies on UMD. I was literally floored when I popped Spider-Man in just to see how it looked... and if you've got good headphones, the PSP sounds amazing, too. Plus, the PSP's screen is already 16x9 for widescreen...

Off the memory stick, well... it's still looking really good, but compression and what not take their toll.

Yes, but compared to a nice TV, the PSP sucks. Even if you have to letterbox it because your TV is 4:3.

We're talking small for a movie player here, not small for a game machine.

Yes, but compared to a nice TV, the PSP sucks. Even if you have to letterbox it because your TV is 4:3.

JB0, have you seen UMD movies on the PSP? The fact is, unless you have a really nice TV with progressive scan and component video, movies look nicer on the PSP.

JB0, have you seen UMD movies on the PSP? The fact is, unless you have a really nice TV with progressive scan and component video, movies look nicer on the PSP.

The average person prefers having a large picture to having a clear one.

That's why projection TVs exist. It's why pan/scan movie releases exist. And so on.

No one every complained about the QUALITY of the image. Just the size.