Xabungle proto pics

Majestic

Found this on the Toybox DX forums:

"Dengeki Hobby have confirmed GX-30 to be Voltes V"

EDIT: This looks a million times better than the half-transforming tiny chintzy plastic abomination I had back in the 80s!

post-26-1114195694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Majestic

YES!!!! AWESOME NEWS!

of course along with this news, the Aoshima dropship, the Bubblegum Crisis figures, and the Yamato Megazone that these Japanese companies are after my money personally. :rolleyes:

Edited by >EXO<

awesome news on both of these. Otaku-Smeghead no they are 2 different characters, i have been wanted a SOC of these 2 for a while. these are going to be very cool when they are released. by the way the Gaiking is going to rock as well

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

That is great news!!! I loved xabungle when I was a kid. Never saw the show but had a bunch of little $5 kits and rubbery toys. Unfortunately (for my wallet) I think this one's gonna be in the higher price range for the SOC toys.

Yo Black Valk, they're actually going to re-release the original Grendizer SOC soon.

Man, I love Xabungle. It's an even more improbably design then Dancougar, and the vehicle mode is hideous. So funkalicious it's soopa delicious.

Voltes V, on the other hand, just oozes cool. Love the design.

Found this on the Toybox DX forums:

EDIT: This looks a million times better than the half-transforming tiny chintzy plastic abomination I had back in the 80s!

Lol I had that the blue and the red one! It's from the 80's and I had no idea from what anime it was... Anyway my brother and I got it from a bargain toy sale. It was made out of cheap plastic and joints. :blink:

We had a terrible time transforming the blue one.. why on earth did he had wings? Or does it supposed to be some kind of a truck? :lol:

• 3 months later...

some new pics of the Xabungle from this website:

http://f52.aaa.livedoor.jp/~gffm/c3h2005.html

lookin' good! So will the 'Brocary' in the 3rd pic be another GX release? Or a damed ltd edition mail-away?

looks like the Chogokin Aquarion at the bottom too! yum.

lookin' good! So will the 'Brocary' in the 3rd pic be another GX release? Or a damed ltd edition mail-away?

322257[/snapback]

Not totally certain about the Brockary just yet but I thought it was supposed to be included in the set.

322257[/snapback]

Not totally certain about the Brockary just yet but I thought it was supposed to be included in the set.

322293[/snapback]

That would be cool, but the price point on the xabungle is so low I don't see how they could do it. Perhaps it's a FIX type thing where you get extra parts to turn the xabungle into a Brockary..? :unsure:

If anyone's seen a size comparison of this toy, post it! I dunno how tall this little guy will be. Hopefully not too small.

great pics , the GFF and chogokins looks great. maybe the xanbugle is smaller than the other chogokins that are out? the Aquarion looks awesome i believe he is about $190.00 if i recall i hope he is big like the Zambot III and Dancouga.

chris

322257[/snapback]

322293[/snapback]

That would be cool, but the price point on the xabungle is so low I don't see how they could do it. Perhaps it's a FIX type thing where you get extra parts to turn the xabungle into a Brockary..? :unsure:

If anyone's seen a size comparison of this toy, post it! I dunno how tall this little guy will be. Hopefully not too small.

322373[/snapback]

I think that's one of teh reasons why they made Xabungle so small, so they could get all of his weapons and parts (some of which are quite big) & a bonus opponet figure all into the one set.

Xabungle is really an amazing thing.  It's not often that something with such a wicked-dorky looking alt mode can turn into such a wicked-cool bot.  I love it!

322564[/snapback]

haha, don't pick on his 'Winnebago Mode'... even robots go camping sometimes! :D

Seriously though, did they really think that a campervan mode would be a cool thing? :blink:

Xabungle is really an amazing thing.  It's not often that something with such a wicked-dorky looking alt mode can turn into such a wicked-cool bot.  I love it!

322564[/snapback]

haha, don't pick on his 'Winnebago Mode'... even robots go camping sometimes! :D

Seriously though, did they really think that a campervan mode would be a cool thing? :blink:

322648[/snapback]

I still like to think of it as a space tractor with an intergalactic hay-bailer. :p