Full Armored VF-0S Color Pictures

Graham

Excuse me-might be out of topic, but OH MY GOD... where in the world u get the Amour for the VF-11? :blink: I want one too!!

Anyway, the amour for Vf-0s looks cool, much like VF-11, but agreed, the arms looks like its about to drop off...

You can't. Well, not easily that is. The VF-11 Full Armor variant was an addon to the Bandai 1/144 model. There might also be a resin kit....Okay, it just came to me, the FA addon was the TECT kit.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...s/tect/tect.htm

It was a mod to the Bandai 1/144 kit. Good luck finding a kit. :)

Holy mother of all valkyries :ph34r: ! Jesus I knew Kawamori would do something like this , he's da man , I luv him !

That GBP VF-0S is lovely and who's more kick-ass and better qualified to pilot such an important piece of kit than the man himself , Mr.Roy Focker ? prepare for a proper beating DD ivanov B)

I don't know where all this Gundam fans are getting the idea that this is in any way similar to Gundam (maybe it's because they can't think of anything else <_< ) but in my personal opinion (and this in a totally possitive manner) this design is more of a blend between AC mechas and M7's FA VF-11C in a very retro/prototype-kinda style which i like a lot, particularly the backpack as well as the shield (wonder how will the SWAG armour play a role here )and the leg covers.

It's funny the level of naivity (no offense) some people present when talking about the endurance of mechanical parts , like the forearms of mechas such as the VF-0 , by assuming they would be fragile in some way by the sole reason that they look skinny , we're talking about combat mechas here ppl ! not humans ! , another factor to take into account is the SWAG armour ;)

At this point it's quite obvious that the armoured VF-0 (and for that matter the VF-1 GBP ) is limited in terms of mobility in atmosphere so I expect to see this valk deployed solely in close combat situations but at the same time (and with good reasons ) the armour seems a lot lighter than any other armoured valk so this may be and just illusion.

I don't know where all this Gundam fans are getting the idea that this is in any way similar to Gundam (maybe it's because they can't  think of anything else  <_< ) but in my personal opinion (and this in a totally possitive manner) this design is more of a blend between AC mechas and M7's FA VF-11C in a very retro/prototype-kinda style which i like a lot, particularly the backpack as well as the shield (wonder how will the SWAG armour play a role here )and the leg covers.

It's funny the level of naivity (no offense) some people present when talking about the endurance of mechanical parts , like the forearms of mechas such as the VF-0 , by assuming they would be fragile in some way by the sole reason that they look skinny , we're talking about combat mechas here ppl ! not humans ! , another factor to take into account is the SWAG armour ;)

At this point it's quite obvious that the armoured VF-0 (and for that matter the VF-1 GBP ) is limited in terms of mobility in atmosphere so I expect to see this valk deployed solely  in close combat situations  but at the same time (and with good reasons ) the armour seems a lot lighter than any other armoured valk so this may be and just illusion.

Since Gundam's explosion of popularity, people ALWAYS compare any other mecha show to Gundam like it's some kind of universal fan standard for mecha. Not unlike the annoying "Oh that looks really cool. Reminds me of this one episode of Star Trek where they..." In many ways, Gundam's need to redesign its mecha with every series means it sometimes takes influences from other mecha shows. Seed's commonality to Full metal Panic is obviously no accident.

As far as I can tell, the FA VF-0S has absolutely no Gundam design lineage whatsoever. This full armor variant for the VF-0 is undoubtedly all Macross, I can see the design elements clearly. Anyone who has a copy of Macross Perfect Memory would know what a Gundam-ized Macross would look like if it ever came to being. The Valkyrie design looks as much as a Gundam as a Patlabor looks like an Eva.

In other words, nothing.

As for the arms, people often make the mistake of assuming mecha work like humans because they share the same form. It's a common science fiction falacy to assume a small or thin structure is somehow weak. In the case of the VF-0, the small forearms would actually reduce the load bearing weight of the forearms because the upper arms are small. You'd have the same weight, just spread across less arm. Also, the smaller upper arms look like they provide the VF-0 with much more freedom of movement for the arm and much more flexibility.

Edited by Mr March

I don't know where all this Gundam fans are getting the idea that this is in any way similar to Gundam (maybe it's because they can't  think of anything else  <_< ) but in my personal opinion (and this in a totally possitive manner) this design is more of a blend between AC mechas and M7's FA VF-11C in a very retro/prototype-kinda style which i like a lot, particularly the backpack as well as the shield (wonder how will the SWAG armour play a role here )and the leg covers.

At this point it's quite obvious that the armoured VF-0 (and for that matter the VF-1 GBP ) is limited in terms of mobility in atmosphere so I expect to see this valk deployed solely  in close combat situations  but at the same time (and with good reasons ) the armour seems a lot lighter than any other armoured valk so this may be and just illusion.

Since Gundam's explosion of popularity, people ALWAYS compare any other mecha show to Gundam like it's some kind of universal fan standard for mecha. Not unlike the annoying "Oh that looks really cool. Reminds me of this one episode of Star Trek where they..." In many ways, Gundam's need to redesign its mecha with every series means it sometimes takes influences from other mecha shows. Seed's commonality to Full metal Panic is obviously no accident.

As far as I can tell, the FA VF-0S has absolutely no Gundam design lineage whatsoever. This full armor variant for the VF-0 is undoubtedly all Macross, I can see the design elements clearly. Anyone who has a copy of Macross Perfect Memory would know what a Gundam-ized Macross would look like if it ever came to being. The Valkyrie design looks as much as a Gundam as a Patlabor looks like an Eva.

In other words, nothing.

As for the arms, people often make the mistake of assuming mecha work like humans because they share the same form. It's a common science fiction falacy to assume a small or thin structure is somehow weak. In the case of the VF-0, the small forearms would actually reduce the load bearing weight of the forearms because the upper arms are small. You'd have the same weight, just spread across less arm. Also, the smaller upper arms look like they provide the VF-0 with much more freedom of movement for the arm and much more flexibility.

Precisely :)

I believe the lighter armour compensates for the bigger airframe of the VF-0 and some design features such as the small forearms as well as the leg covers improve the mobility of the mecha , but at the same time the ammount of weaponary is decreased in comparison to the VF-1 GBP which is designed for the much smaller and lighter VF-1.

Why does it have have a shield????? Didn't the bullet proof shields come out in 2030 when the VF-11 rolled. Doesn't make sense to have it out attached to an armored VF-0 in the year 2007 or 2006.

Armored VF-0

VF-11 Full Armor

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Why does it have have a shield????? Didn't the bullet proof shields come out in 2030 when the VF-11 rolled. Doesn't make sense to have it out attached to an armored VF-0 in the year 2007 or 2006.

Armored VF-0

VF-11 Full Armor

I don't think it does. I think the arm armor just looks very similar to the FA VF-11 shield, but if you'll notice, it's on both arms and doesn't look detachable.

Armored VF-0

VF-11 Full Armor

I don't think it does. I think the arm armor just looks very similar to the FA VF-11 shield, but if you'll notice, it's on both arms and doesn't look detachable.

Your right I took another look an saw it did have two shields. Bizzare.

I don't know where all this Gundam fans are getting the idea that this is in any way similar to Gundam (maybe it's because they can't  think of anything else  <_< )

Eh, I'm no Gundam fan.

And the similarity is in the waist armor that resembles the "skirts" that are oh-so-characteristic of many of the mecha from Gundam.

I don't know where all this Gundam fans are getting the idea that this is in any way similar to Gundam (maybe it's because they can't  think of anything else  <_< )

Eh, I'm no Gundam fan.

And the similarity is in the waist armor that resembles the "skirts" that are oh-so-characteristic of many of the mecha from Gundam.

I think that's pretty common in a lot of different animes. It's kind of samurai-ish.

When I look at it all I think of is a Roman Cenurion....I think it's the crotch piece...kinda looks like a roman centurions skirt.

All in all..I like it...but I was hoping for a bit more...maybe the animation will win me over.

On the positive side...the chest missle pack is similar to the Thunder Hummers custom...maybe it opens the door for Yamato to do the GBP and Thunder Hummers for their 1/60 or 1/48 lines.

I have mixed feelings about this, but maybe that will change after I see it in the OVA. Something about the armor just looks too "organic" to me. ...

It is the knee pads... makes it look like a football player instead of a VF.

It just looks too advanced for being a predcursor to the GPB.