So I just finished watching Gundam ZZ

*spoilers*

So that's it? Judau Ashta just ups and decides to goto Jupiter??? Why? And why is Lu/Ru/Roux going with him?

Some sites have said that she's his girlfriend now, but there was absolutely no relationship/chemistry with them or hardly even any interaction at all during the series. What's going on?

Edited by ComicKaze

Whoa, I dunno if I could survive 20 hours of ZZ Gundam :p

As to Roux and Judau, I personally don't think they were together by series end. They just took the same shuttle back to Jupiter. That's just my opinion, as I really didn't see much romance between the two... (hell, Glemy seemed to like her more than Judau)

Why they went to Jupiter? So Tomino wouldn't have to write them into CCA. ;)

Edited by haro genki

Whoa, I dunno if I could survive 20 hours of ZZ GundamĀ  :p

As to Roux and Judau, I personally don't think they were together by series end. They just took the same shuttle back to Jupiter. That's just my opinion, as I really didn't see much romance between the two... (hell, Glemy seemed to like her more than Judau)

Why they went to Jupiter? So Tomino wouldn't have to write them into CCA. ;)

ZZ actually became one of my favorite series. At first I wanted to put my eyes out and tear out my hair, but when the kids took over the entire ship with no adults and defeated Neo-Zion by themselves without supervision, it all suddenly made sense. It's every kid's dream.

Adults are all either psycho-lunatics, panderers, politicians, perverts, and discipline mongers. Get rid of them, make the most powerful carrier/battleship your personal playground, and you can accomplish any goal.

It was just frustrating if you expect any element of realism or militarism in the series. Bright is the universe's biggest wuss and the carefree nature of the kid's to do whatever they wanted, including choosing what side they wanted to be on, free of responsibility eventually taught them responsibility and self-disicpline. Sure Beecha and Mondo betrayed the Argama and their friends, defected to the Zions a few times, then came back, stole more Gundams, and did more reckless things, but who cares, lets just let Beecha be the pilot of the Hyaku Shiki and eventually the captain of the Near Argama as well! LOL. It's just so ridiculous that Char would be rolling in his grave, but he might've enjoyed it if he viewed it from a kid's perspective.

Also, I didn't have to care about the people when they died, because they were such comic characters. I loved Massima though, he was my hero. Poor dude should've gone out in a better way. And they never explained what the shock thing was between Iria and Judau. Glemmy died happy though and I see where he's coming from. If a girl's gonna break your heart, sometimes you wish they'd might as well just kill you anyway.

The writing quality was horrid though, I agree with the constant rewrites and change in tone all over the place. I read Glemmy's revolt was supposed to be Char's at first until Tomino got the Char's Counter greenlight.

At the end,they actually took the Jupitoris which was Patpimus Scirocco's ship and joined the Jupiter Energy Fleet or something. Frustrating ending still as the character were hardly developed, especially Beecha and Elle's relationship and their triangle with Judau. But this is Gundam afterall, not KOR.

Edited by ComicKaze

Yeah, Mashymyre (Mashima, Massima, has a lot of spellings :lol: ) was pretty badass in the second half of the series. It's a shame Haman hosed him like she did. :/

Can't say I liked him in the early eps though... I mean, he nearly climaxed while talking to the rose Haman gave him... we did NOT have to see that <_<

I found this show rather cool and a nice change after Z: it's almost a self-parody with some hilarious moments :p But also a strong story with some very sad and strong passages here and there: it's really worth to be seen in its entirety IMO, despite the opinions of some who may have underrated it... :)

I heard somewhere that Tomino wasn't planning on writting/directing/whatever ZZ, untill he saw the first 20 episodes and realized what a huge fart up ZZ is and took over. Thats why theres a huge tone difference between then first quarter of the show :)

Edited by Abombz!!

I heard somewhere that Tomino wasn't planning on writting/directing/whatever ZZ, untill he saw the first 20 episodes and realized what a huge fart up ZZ is and took over. Thats why theres a huge tone difference between then first quarter of the show :)

A more cynical view would be that Tomino merely took over at the end so that he could set things up for Char's Counterattack.

A more cynical view would be that Tomino merely took over at the end so that he could set things up for Char's Counterattack.

Indeed, he rewrote the whole thing after Char's Counter was given the greenlight but it still turned out a mess in several places with random things stuck in to connect it to Char's Counter and dozens of wasted filler episodes.

But aside from that:

"I found that the anime fans around during Zeta Gundam seemed very dark and gloomy, so I made Zeta Gundam. After making Zeta for a year, I myself started feeling dark and gloomy. I wanted to make something that was the opposite, more cheerful and bright. When I was making ZZ, I didn't just make a Gundam series-- I wanted anime fans at the time to cheer up and not be so gloomy. That's the reason I made ZZ. So please don't watch anime and become gloomy!"

Yoshiyuki Tomino during Q&A at Anime Expo New York, Summer of 2002

Indeed, he rewrote the whole thing after Char's Counter was given the greenlight but it still turned out a mess in several places with random things stuck in to connect it to Char's Counter and dozens of wasted filler episodes.

No kidding. Most notable would be the random reappearance of Sayla, who ominously intones "I dunno where my brother is, but I'm sure he's up to something."

True true, but you can't deny there was a sudden sharp change of tone in that show. How Gremy went from cannon fodder henchmen to full feldged bad guy, or how Mashama changed too.

Speaking of the new MAC 8 disc version, does anyone know if that has all of the intro's & endings put back in (and next ep previews), or if it's literally just the same old 6 disc version spread across 2 more disc's.

Can anybody suggest where to get a copy of this. I've been wanting to see this forever but I am not paying those sky high ebay prices. Anybody willing to rent me their copy. I'm particularly looking for the MAC remastered ed.

bittorrent