Robotech used in a Public Service Announcement

Well, the PSA's will preview more of Shadow Chronicles. So if that's the case. I'm all for it. :lol:

This is beginning to sound like nothing more than a really messed up publicity stunt. I'm sure a couple of our anonymous members would agree. ;)

Well, the PSA's will preview more of Shadow Chronicles. So if that's the case. I'm all for it. :lol:

This is beginning to sound like nothing more than a really messed up publicity stunt. I'm sure a couple of our anonymous members would agree. ;)

Oh, and Big West is above this huh. Wasn't Macross 7 used to sell a @#%$!load of J-pop cds.

Oh, and Big West is above this huh. Wasn't Macross 7 used to sell a @#%$!load of J-pop cds.

What the hell does HG's retarded antics have to do with the lameness that was Basara's singing? And what makes you think I give a damn?

As if Harmony Gold doesn't feel arrogant enough at keeping consumers from buying Macross related goods in the US, they are now trying to push their twisted form of anime down the throats of others in foreign countries. The first thought which comes to mind when someone familiar with Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada shows on TV is "What is this Robotech, and why are they calling (add title) Robotech?"

Um, you do realize the original Robotech was aired in a number of foreign countries, right?

Would things like that be more fault of japanese studios that make no real efforts to show their products in other countries? I am not trying to defend HG in any way but it is true, I had seen Robotech in South America long time before knowing what Macross was.

What the hell does HG's retarded antics have to do with the lameness that was Basara's singing? And what makes you think I give a damn?

Because you're singling HG out for doing what all corporate bodies do, find a way to push their product. Macross 7 was a springboard for retailing J-pop cds. BG found away to make some cash and to cash in on the J-pop craze. It didn't even have a decent resolution for certain plotlines IE Max/Millia relationship and the romantic triangle of Gamlin, Mylene, and Basara.

Because you're singling HG out for doing what all corporate bodies do, find a way to push their product. Macross 7 was a springboard for retailing J-pop cds. BG found away to make some cash and to cash in on the J-pop craze. It didn't even have a decent resolution for certain plotlines IE Max/Millia relationship and the romantic triangle of Gamlin, Mylene, and Basara.

I singled them out? Mind tellimg me how? I said this whole ad campaign just seems like a publicity stunt. I in no way acted like HG's the first ever and only company to do this. Talk about a defensive little Robotechie... Not all of us care about RT enough anymore to signle HG out. They are stupid company and always will be base don their own past record. All I did was point out an obvious. If you are looking to defend RT, be my guest but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I care enough to even seriously discuss it. There'sa reason I've been absent from just about every RT thread that's been up lately. Gawd, you are such a little fannie.

BTW while I have nothing against Macross 7, you will never catch me defending it in any way.

EDIT: Mods, I have no idea why this loon wants to make this a bash Macross 7 thread but I'm finished with him.

Edited by Jemstone

[.  Talk about a defensive little Robotechie...  Not all of us care about RT enough anymore to signle HG out. They are stupid company and always will be base don their own past record.  All I did was point out an obvious. If you are looking to defend RT, be my guest but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I care enough to even seriously discuss it. There'sa  reason I've been absent from just about every RT thread that's been up lately. Gawd, you are such a little fannie.

BTW while I have nothing against Macross 7, you will never catch me defending it in any way.

EDIT: Mods, I have no idea why this loon wants to make this a bash Macross 7 thread but I'm finished with him.

Sticks & Stones, my friend..Sticks & Stones, Ha!

BTW, at least HG aligning their product with an orginization that deals with making world a better place to live.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

[.  Talk about a defensive little Robotechie...  Not all of us care about RT enough anymore to signle HG out. They are stupid company and always will be base don their own past record.  All I did was point out an obvious. If you are looking to defend RT, be my guest but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I care enough to even seriously discuss it. There'sa  reason I've been absent from just about every RT thread that's been up lately. Gawd, you are such a little fannie.

True dat. Only I'm not your friend (and you're still an idiot with a twisted hard on for Macross 7).

True dat. Only I'm not your friend (and you're still an idiot with a twisted hard on for Macross 7).

With that mouth I see why.

Mr Disco, I hope you learned a fine lesson from this. This is why some Robotechies just don't belong on MW. The Anime Nazis can have a field day with their combined idiocy.

Mr Disco, I hope you learned a fine lesson from this. This is why some Robotechies just don't belong on MW. The Anime Nazis can have a field day with their combined idiocy.

If the big pimps at BG had the same deal HG has with the UN we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Mr Disco, I hope you learned a fine lesson from this. This is why some Robotechies just don't belong on MW.  The Anime Nazis can have a field day with their combined idiocy.

If the big pimps at BG had the same deal HG has with the UN we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Dunno about that. I know I don't want any anime affilated with politics or government organizations. Macross included. Especially those pussies at the UN.

BTW, at least HG aligning their product with an orginization that deals with making world a better place to live.

Really? Which one?

In any case, at least Big West comes up with some original content now and again. In 20 years, all HG has is Robotech, and even that wasn't really original.

Really? Which one?

In any case, at least Big West comes up with some original content now and again. In 20 years, all HG has is Robotech, and even that wasn't really original.

Original content let's see......Macross 2......Macross 7....Countless Macross video games.....

This isn't about which orgnization is better, to me they're both rich fat cats that are doing the same thing. Sell, sell, sell, and sell.

Really? Which one?

Original content let's see......Macross 2......Macross 7....Countless Macross video games.....

Eh what do you know about original content you are an SNK fan lol

j/k ;) so am I.

Eh what do you know about original content  you are an SNK fan lol

j/k  ;)  so am I.

I know you're joking with him but I don't think he knows much about anything. He couldn't even explain to me what got him so worked up and how it is I singled out HG in favor of Macross 7..... I've been very kind to him in this thread too.

EDIT: "I know you are but what am I" crap don't count as knowing either.

Edited by Jemstone

Really? Which one?

This isn't about which orgnization is better, to me they're both rich fat cats that are doing the same thing. Sell, sell, sell, and sell.

List of Big West Anime

Macross, Macross II, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Dynamite 7,Macross Zero

Getter Robo Go

Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Orguss, Orguss II

Southern Cross

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Yeah, everyone is in the business of making money. But at least most companies turn out something new every so often.

Eh what do you know about original content  you are an SNK fan lol

j/k  ;)  so am I.

I know you're joking with him but I don't think he knows much about anything. He couldn't even explain to me what got him so worked up and how it is I singled out HG in favor of Macross 7..... I've been very kind to him in this thread too.

EDIT: "I know you are but what am I" crap don't count as knowing either.

First of all, I never said you singled out HG in favor of Mac 7. I brought up Mac 7 as an example of coporate pimping. Yes, HG is pimping Robotech to the UN but at least the UN is a noble enity.

SNK-4-Life, hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harmony Gold: Working in Harmony, to make Gold for over 20 years

If by that they mean whoring their bastard series for 20 years with almost no original content to show for it, then that'd be accurate, right?

Where did all my old Whoremoney Gold photoshops go???

Macross, Macross II, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Dynamite 7,Macross Zero

Getter Robo Go

Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Orguss, Orguss II

Southern Cross

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Ummm.....

Big West's only involvement with Southern Cross was the Bioroid Type I Commander 'Seiffreit Weiss' model. They were in no way involved in the anime itself. ;)

First of all, I never said you singled out HG in favor of Mac 7. I brought up Mac 7 as an example of coporate pimping. Yes, HG is pimping Robotech to the UN but at least the UN is a noble enity.

SNK-4-Life, hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so Macross 7 was an empty example. Now what was it I said again that singled out HG? You seem to keep missing this small important info. Here's your chance to correct that.

Publicity stunts.... HG/UN union is a publicity stunt. Macross 7 was also a publicity stunt. There is nothing wrong with publicity stunts if you can profit from it. HG has done it ;BG has done it.

Macross 7 was a fraking full TV series, with a plot that, even while chessy at times far suprasses the utter wankery of Robotech.

Hold on, what's that I see? A rape in progress? Nah, that's just HG, silly me.

Publicity stunts.... HG/UN union is a publicity stunt. Macross 7 was also a publicity stunt. There is nothing wrong with publicity stunts if you can profit from it. HG has done it ;BG has done it.

Ah, I see now where I went wrong and brought upon my wrath on Harmony Gold. I mean just because I said it's a publicity stunt makes HG the one and only company to have ever done so. All this because I uttered that line.

I don't know if I should be flattered or embarrased of having the unfortunate experience of your tomfoolery regarding my remarks, Mr Wannbe Bogard.

Ah, I see now where I went wrong and brought upon my wrath on Harmony Gold. I mean just because I said it's a publicity stunt makes HG the one and only company to have ever done so. All this because I uttered that line.

I don't know if I should be flattered or embarrased of having the unfortunate experience of your tomfoolery regarding my remarks, Mr Wannbe Bogard.

You need to chill and start running with the pack!!!

You need to chill and start running with the pack!!!

Sorry, but I could do without Mai Shiranui's mindless bouncing. The only wolf I run with is the Shinsengumi's 3rd Captain.

Yes, HG is pimping Robotech to the UN but at least the UN is a noble enity.

That may be the most outragous thing ever said in the history of MW. Do the mods know about this!?! This guy must be French or something...

(no disrespect to the French intended :p )

And we wonder why so much of the world hates us...

That may be the most outragous thing ever said in the history of MW. Do the mods know about this!?! This guy must be French or something...

I don't..

Its because we are the most successfull, we have the most control. They are just jealous.

They all loved us when there was another power that was actually evil and WE were the only ones who stood up to them... But now that the Soviet Union is gone, we are the only superpower left. NOW all of a sudden it isn't fair.

I don't..

Its because we are the most successfull, we have the most control. They are just jealous.

They all loved us when there was another power that was actually evil and WE were the only ones who stood up to them... But now that the Soviet Union is gone, we are the only superpower left. NOW all of a sudden it isn't fair.

No they dont really love us. They never did. They just love the greenback. Money is what the world goes round.