Millia Custom Bandai VF-17S

Graham

Still a great custom BTW but for 200 USD i would have filled the holes and seams for you

Sean.

The guy charges so much that I would have ended up paying double if I wanted the screw holes and seams filled.

Graham

Graham, sorry you didn't get exactly what you wanted for the price you paid, but I think it looks pretty good. Since this thread is about the VF-17, where does the gunpod go/rest/mount in fighter mode (a question I've had for a while but never asked)? Any pics would be great.

Guest Bromgrev
That's a really nice custom, Graham. If I had a go, I'd try for a glossy deep red finish - so that it'll look more like a toy instead of a model :-)

Hey, now, nothing wrong with making a toy (shiny) into a model (matt)! ^_^

Still a great custom BTW but for 200 USD i would have filled the holes and seams for you

Sean.

The guy charges so much that I would have ended up paying double if I wanted the screw holes and seams filled.

Graham

Graham, sorry you didn't get exactly what you wanted for the price you paid, but I think it looks pretty good. Since this thread is about the VF-17, where does the gunpod go/rest/mount in fighter mode (a question I've had for a while but never asked)? Any pics would be great.

Well I don't know about the toy since i don't own one (so i assume its the same), but in the anime its gunpod is stored in its right leg. In Battroid mode, it is ejected from the right leg and the battroid catches it in midair.

Sean.

Graham

Well I don't know about the toy since i don't own one (so i assume its the same), but in the anime its gunpod is stored in its right leg. In Battroid mode, it is ejected from the right leg and the battroid catches it in midair.

I didn't know that, cool. I supposed if I'd actually watch all the Macross 7 I have, I could have figured that out. :) The toy most definitely does not hold the gunpod in the leg, but I'd like to see a pic or screen shot, if anyone has one (and if it's not too much trouble). Thanks for the reply; now I don't feel so bad about not knowing what to do with the gun pod when my toy is in fighter mode.

When I modified my version of this toy to have functional knees my original intent was to provide a place to also put the gun. I was going to first make the gun collapsible and then create a door in the leg. Once I got everything apart it became VERY apparent that this could never work. The toy's leg cavity isn't nearly as large as it seems it should be and making the stock gun collapse to that size would take small miracles and a lot of hard work. Maybe if a professional fabricator takes a stab at it....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Graham:

Can you repost the VF-17S pics from Macross 7?

356653[/snapback]

You mean the pics of my custom Milia VF-17S toy?

They are still showing up OK for me on page 1 of this thread.

Graham

356692[/snapback]

I think he means the scans you posted... they're not showing up.

Ah OK, I understand now.

Unfortunately, I had to delete the pics, when Shawn moved to the new server and instituted the present 1.95mb limit we now have on attachments.

Anyway, here they are again.

Click on thumbnails to enlarge.

Milia_VF-17S_1.JPG

Milia_VF-17S_2.JPG

Milia_VF-17S_3.JPG

Milia_VF-17S_4.JPG

miliavf17s.jpg

(This is the Bandai 1/144 Scale Plastic Model Kit)

miria17-144-1_000.jpg

(This is the Bandai 1/144 Scale Plastic Model Kit)

miria17-144-2.jpg

(This is the prototype Bandai 1/65 VF-17S Milia toy from a 1995 Japanese toy show. Unfortunately, the toy never made it into production)

milia-vf17s-toy-1.jpg

(This is the prototype Bandai 1/65 Milia VF-17S as well as a prototype 1/65 VF-19F Blazer Valk displayed at a Japanese toy show in 1995. Sadly neither made it into production).

miria-vf-17s-toy-2.jpg

Graham

Thanks Graham! I plan to make one of these customs when I can find another cheap reissue. These pics (especially the Bandai prototype picture) will really help. I like the bright red Bandai chose for their prototype...

I wish someone would recast the VF-19S wings so people can make custom VF-19's from emerald force (lackeys with white trim). :)