New to macross modeling

stram8777

If you ever tried to build any other type of models in the past this will be relatively easy to do as long as you just wanna put it together. It's a 1/170 scale, smaller than a palm size; the only joints are the hips and shoulders. Now, if you want to build this critter and make it look like a contest winner then you'll need some skills.

I would suggest you to look up the 'How to build models' treads and follow along the posts of painting and building techniques...then try them in your models.

You can always ask stuff like; How do you get around to erase this or that seam line or how to apply paint, do I need to prime it? sort of questions...

hmmm firstly all probably depends on the equipment you have @ hand or are you planning to buy what you need?

i find those models rather small and delicate, the painting probably requires a fine brush and well colors of your choice to whateva please

but i say have fun with it the skills only get better but if you afford it id suggest getting an airbrush as a long term investment that is if you think you'll be making more model kits... i sitll havent gotten my airbrush booo hooo anybody got one they dont wnat? =))

I have built lots of cars and currently i am building WWII style airplanes i would say i have average skills but i wasn't sure what would be different with this type of model. thanks for the airbrush tip i have been thinking of getting one now if only someone would recomend and decent inexpensive starter kit.

wow, learn to walk before u run dewd.

You should honestly try a simpler model first.

nah i jk ^^!!!

those are great little kits to start with. Just as long as u remember to get good it takes practise and a whole bunch of mistakes.

You should look up some modelling websites if u really enthuastic.

codyscoop.com has some great walk thro's

These 'lil dudes are a fun build! My first kit was an ARII 1/170 Super VF-1D (actually, it had the sprue for a strike cannon, so I used that... only strike VF-1D I've ever seen!)... they don't take a lot of detail.... actually, two good brushes will get you through this kit... one moderately sized one and a detail brush (like a 10/0 or liner brush) and "WHAM!" you've got yourself 3.5-4 inches of macross fun.

Those who want to "turn it up" a bit may choose to airbrush it... but there are diehard brush fanatics like me who will have nothing to do with such "archaeic" tools ;):p

Those are cool little kits. I just finished a VF-1D a few weeks back. They are fun to build and you don't have to work forever like a bigger model. This one didn't take me that long and I'm a beggining modeler. I'm hoping you post a pic of yours when you're done.

post-3-1064779336_thumb.jpg