Looking to join th best Transformers Online Forum

shiyao

Just wondering - which Transformers forum out there is the most like MacrossWorld? (ie. authoratative, lots of trades/sales, legit members, as little hate as possible, as little nonsense as possible etc etc) Looking to join one but there appear to be a whole bunch of them (eg. seibertron, tformers, tfans etc etc).

I wasn't sure if this belonged to the mega-thread. Mods, feel free to move as you see fit.

Man, I'm going to have to listen to Kamui just because of his avatar. ;)Doushita!?

Although does the site have to keep changing ... like tfw2006, tfw2007, tfw2008? that might pose a problem ...

allspark seems to get lots on information early on, along with tfw2005 - a bit like an industry insider forum.

tfans.com appears to have lots of customs/sales/trades.

i guess i'll join these three then.

Edited by shiyao

yep im on tfw!!!! I used to post here a lot, then there, then back here. TFW2005 used to have Aaron Archer on board with his own forum. But the whole scandal thing was not seibertron.com to my knowledge, it was tformers.com The jist of it was that tformers/adc was questioning or jealous of why tfw had most of the new info first. From what I recollect the admin of tformers.com sent an e-mail to hasbro questioning this and when hasbro read it they responded by ordering Archer to step off of tfw and would only answer or provide info through "official channels". Like transformers.com

Seibertron.com and tfw2005 get a long for the most part. TFW is THEE best site for info. Allspark.com has a few good insiders who gave good accurate cybertron info while tformers to be honest is not as good with news. Seibertron.com has a rumor section that has a reputation for being as wrong as many times as it has been right. Or more wrong than right. Its dpendent on the viewers opinion. Tfans, though allied with tformers, is headed by Remy of tfkenkon.com, I see no problem at all with his forum. As some of you may know, adc has a ove or hate reputation since they have angered some toy companies by using their FTP's to access pictures BEFORE they are supposed to go through the official channels to the general public or into magazines.

Note that while in general you would think stuff like that does not happen, it has happened and in a way its an abuse of priveledge. Some site admins are given specific passwords and are only supposed to access some FTP';s to dl pics and post online only during certain times. When they break that trust shi* happens and suffice to say, depending on which site you go to, adc or toynewsni does not have a good rep amongst toy sites. I speak of this in reference to toyfair 2005. toynewsni or another site was getting a LOT of heat because they linked pics to ML2005 really early before toybiz opened their showroom. Toybiz delayed showroom opening and meetings with many known toy mags and websites because of this. Some were worried we might not even see anything at all from them! In the end it all worked out and toybiz opened its doors. But it was a close one.

On tfw, you will see a lot of the false rumors being shot down. It seems to me that Kickback@tfw knows a lot of things, as he is able to say for certain if some releases will come out or why or the reasons. He won't come out and answer a question directly but every now and then like when someone askes about the reissues he's got an answer on their availibility in the future and such. This was not like Orson who answered many many many questions. This does NOT mean keep PMing kickback for answers!!

• 2 weeks later...