Which 1/48 to buy?

kaiotheforsaken

in the next week or so i will be purchasing my first 1/48 scake yamato. anyways since i did use the search, but am too lazy to poke around the entire site. does anyone have any recomendations on which one to get? basicly i'm reffering to the newest/best version to try and avoid any problems older ones had. I dont particulary have a preference as to which Vf-1 it is.

in the next week or so i will be purchasing my first 1/48 scake yamato. anyways since i did use the search, but am too lazy to poke around the entire site. does anyone have any recomendations on which one to get? basicly i'm reffering to the newest/best version to try and avoid any problems older ones had. I dont particulary have a preference as to which Vf-1 it is.

hrt a vf1s roy and a super vf1j hukaru. trade pilots and put the super packs on roy.

I think the better question is who is you fav character. Me? I am partial to Max VF-1J. Then again I made a Max VF-1S from the DYRL (using the head of the VF-1S Hikaru DYRL). Roy VF-1S would probably be the most popular and Hikaru VF-1S second.

You might wanna look around first and see what's still available and THEN make your choice. There's still some 3rd issue VF-1S ROY that you can find on-line, so that might be a good candidate. But, of course, it's just like what GODZILLA said: It all boils down to your favorite. :)

I really like the tv paint scheme on the super max 1j. Since you are getting tv hands and Super Pack parts it might be good value and a good choice for a first 1/48 valk. If you buy a valk with no FP parts you will just change your mind later and decide it will need an upgrade to a super valk anyway. So save time! :)

I know bright coloured valks are not everyone's thing but this to me is how I recognise max the most - the guy who flew the bright blue valk and who stands out more because of it. (he has more 'presence' in the tv series)

I think that too much white is, dare I say it, a little boring now. I'm tempted to get a super milia vf1j now.

If yamato release more tv valks (that is a hik 1s with super pack, or a brownie/cf) I would be tempted to get them.(even though I've said before I'm finished buying 1/48 vf1 toys)

I also thought that the green paint of the standard Zentradi Qraus in the tv series were better than purple. Cmon yamato release green QRau! Give the tv series some love. "Do you remember"... the tv series?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

personally my favs are the 1J and any color scheme or the 1S, i just wanted to see if any specific ones were of a lesser quality because they were out first. so i'll probably do one of those. also is $160 good for a 1/48 vf-1s (its 3rd edition if that matters) cause it seems kinda pricey compared with the others.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I guess a main point to consider besides which 1/48 to buy is which one you can afford ;)

There are not many flavours around at reasonable prices, most common and easily found are the VF-1A Hikaru and the VF-1S Focker.

yeah thats the ebay price. and i also saw both max and miria vf-1j with fbs for 150 each which seems like a good deal, thats on a site someone here gave the link to. as for getting all of them, thats a great idea but one thing at a time, haha.