knock-off

Just posting this as a heads up for everyone. I checked the past postings to see if this has ever been on our thread before. Macross figure set #1, I bought and paid $45.00 for it and found it to be a knock-off.

The boxes are perfect but when you open the boxes the figures are in clear plastic bags not black. The figures are poor quality at best and covered in fingerprints and a bad paint job. The best picutre I can show you is Minmai head and hairstyle. See picture below the knock-off on right side has a bad paint job and chunky with bubble marks. On left hand side you can see the difference in quality. on ebay there are two people from Hong Kong selling these figures now as high quality originals.

If you go to ebay Item number: 5962200039 and scroll down to the picture of Minmai you will see she has the same hair as the knock-off. Letting you know so that you don't get stung like I did with cheap knock-offs.:angry: :angry:

ugh that sucks, i am sorry you got stuck with these you should email the seller and demand a refund, i have been so avoiding these type of figures lately because of this, including the gundam ones. there are to many boots of these figures on ebay now, which sucks badly. we should compile alist of good places to pick these figures up.

chris

a big red flag should have shot up inside your head when you saw that the seller was from HK..

Yeah, you can never trust the Chinese. :lol:

J/K!

He's right you know... I'm Chinese, and I don't even trust myself.

wow you too huh? I dotn trust myself hehe

a big red flag should have shot up inside your head when you saw that the seller was from HK..

Yeah, you can never trust the Chinese. :lol:

J/K!

He's right you know... I'm Chinese, and I don't even trust myself.

wow you too huh? I dotn trust myself hehe

so that means I can't trust any of yous bastids!! ;):p:D:lol:

I've just been on ebay a long time and have seen and bought lots of crap directly from HK sellers.

I've been there too. talk about the capital of the worlds black market..

honestly though, buying an item out of HK should always be your last resort.

just find a seller in the US.

it may cost a little more but it won't take three weeks to arrive like most stuff from HK. won't come in that "green corduroy" wrapping paper though.. :p

Being from Hong Kong should NOT be a red flag for anyone. I've dealt with many HK sellers and they've all been highly reputable and more professional than most of the US sellers I've dealt with. And most of the stuff I've gotten has only taken 1 to 2 weeks to arrive.

The only trouble is opening the box and instantly being infected with an exotic flu. :p

Edited by eriku

Thanks to Derek for the warning. Very cool of you to send me an email :)

BTW my favorite eBay seller, Chachamaru is from Hong Kong. Over the last 3 years, he has come up with some of the most unique and rarely seen Macross items and can be completely trusted :)

Edited by Totoro242

He's absolutely right. If you ever want to get high quality Macross items on ebay, definitely get it from Chachamaru (Hong Kong). I've bought some incredible vintage Macross books and magazines in new condition from him. He's a great seller.

You guys are hilarious. That's why I love this site. :D

Edited by newbie

If you ever want to get high quality Macross items on ebay, definitely get it from Chachamaru (Hong Kong). I've bought some incredible vintage Macross books and magazines in new condition from him. He's a great seller.

His stuff is expensive, though.

Being from Hong Kong should NOT be a red flag for anyone. I've dealt with many HK sellers and they've all been highly reputable and more professional than most of the US sellers I've dealt with. And most of the stuff I've gotten has only taken 1 to 2 weeks to arrive.

The only trouble is opening the box and instantly being infected with an exotic flu. :p

well your situation is unique to mine.

Whether I'm buying DVD's, video games, R/C and real car parts, Macross toys, you name it I always notice HK sellers trying to pass off bootleg #hit as the real thing.

It pretty disturbing but Taiwan doesn't have to observe the same international copyright laws and so vendors on the mainland and HK get lots and lots of stuff from there.

I also catch lots of sellers from New York City selling fake garbage. so just be smart and beware these guys. this is after all what the threads about, not some national pride "stick up for HK w00t" thing.. ;)

(top post again!!!111 Like the 10th one so far!!!11)

Edited by Panzer

well your situation is unique to mine.

Whether I'm buying DVD's, video games, R/C and real car parts, Macross toys, you name it I always notice HK sellers trying to pass off bootleg #hit as the real thing.

It pretty disturbing but Taiwan doesn't have to observe the same international copyright laws and so vendors on the mainland and HK get lots and lots of stuff from there.

I also catch lots of sellers from New York City selling fake garbage. so just be smart and beware these guys. this is after all what the threads about, not some national pride "stick up for HK w00t" thing.. ;)

(top post again!!!111 Like the 10th one so far!!!11)

C'mon, we know you hate skinny little Chinese guys!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ic=12741&st=440