NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

It's 1/55, so 5 or 6 inches sounds right.

Is that about the same height as the Toynami Superposeable Alphas? It sounds like around there.

Well, I have some 1/40 Alpha models, and they are about the same as the super poseables. If the Toynami Alpha is truly 1/55 scale it will be shorter than the super poseables by an inch I would guess.

It's 13.7 meters tall in battloid, so bring that to 1/55 scale, that's how tall it should be.

I stole this from Robotech.com forums user GIR_Prototype...

VFA-6H (Blue Alpha)

Fighter Mode

Length: 10.25m

Height: 4.60m

Wingspan: 8.2m

Scale Length: .213541666667m=21.35cm=8.407in

Scale Height: .095833333333m=9.583cm=3.773in

Scale Wingspan: .170833333333m=17.083cm=6.725in

Guardian Mode

Length: 8.00m

Height: 5.72m

Width: 4.84m

Scale Length: .166666666667m=16.67cm=6.561in

Scale Height: .119166666667m=11.92cm=4.691in

Scale Width: .100833333333m=10.083cm=3.969in

Battloid Mode

Depth: 5.25m

Height: 8.75m

Breadth: 4.84m

Scale Depth: .109375m=10.937cm=4.306in

Scale Height: .182291666667m=18.229cm=7.176in

Scale Breadth: .100833333333m=10.083cm=3.969in

Well, I have some 1/40 Alpha models, and they are about the same as the super poseables. If the Toynami Alpha is truly 1/55 scale it will be shorter than the super poseables by an inch I would guess.

Damn....that's !(*@&!( small isn't it? Now I know not to trust that toy dealer who talks like he knows everything. I was having an "intelligent conversation" with him about how the MPC Alpha would be rather small and around the same size as the super poseables (and i pointed at the super poseables he had) and he shook his head saying "No....its much bigger than that" while giving me a "what...are you stupid?" look. This was the same dealer who was gonna charge me USD100. Not sure if that price is justifiable, after shipping etc is accounted for.

The site below states that a 1/35 Legioss is 9" tall.

http://users.ev1.net/~superjaw/alphag-f.html

This next link is a comparison page of the various Legioss toys. It shows a 1/55 scale Legioss as being basically half the size of a 1/35 model. So I suspect 5 inches or 5 and a half inches in height at most for the MPC version. Fairly tiny.

http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/gsamson_legioss.html

This next link is a comparison page of the various Legioss toys. It shows a 1/55 scale Legioss as being basically half the size of a 1/35 model. So I suspect 5 inches or 5 and a half inches in height at most for the MPC version. Fairly tiny.

Makes me want those cheap Gakken legioss' more. GET ME ONE FROM AX DAMMIT!

According to this convertor http://users2.ev1.net/~jimbobwan/scalcalc.htm and the numbers provided by Pat S the battloid should be 15.91cm (about 6 3/8in).

Well, I've seen the prototype at San Diego Comic-con and I thought it was a little bigger than the super-posables. So I guess it will be around 7 inches tall.

While I would prefer a little bigger, I can live with 7 inches. But if its any smaller than the super-posable, I'll just pass on it.

I've got the superposable alphas and the 1/55 gakkens. I would be really surprised if they made them as small as the gakkens. Even though they say they're 1/55 nobody would buy such a small toy. 7 inches would be the smallest they could realistically get away with IMO.

I've got the superposable alphas and the 1/55 gakkens. I would be really surprised if they made them as small as the gakkens. Even though they say they're 1/55 nobody would buy such a small toy. 7 inches would be the smallest they could realistically get away with IMO.

heh to toynami, anyone will buy EVERYTHING. Or harmony gold I mean. Hell they advertised diecast with MPCs and they didnt implemen til vol1 and only told customers last minute before rick shipped, what makes you think toynami WONT make a small as alpha and sell it for 80$? :D

heh to toynami, anyone will buy EVERYTHING. Or harmony gold I mean. Hell they advertised diecast with MPCs and they didnt implemen til vol1 and only told customers last minute before rick shipped, what makes you think toynami WONT make a small as alpha and sell it for 80$? :D

I'm sure they will.. I just don't want them too! :D

*continues to hope in vain*

The toy looks incredible.

what if they make a Beta? Even if the alpha is six or seven inches tall in Battloid mode... the beta would be much taller, and bigger.

The combined fighter mode would be absolutely huge and awesome. I know I am getting my hopes up. :D

The toy looks incredible.

what if they make a Beta? Even if the alpha is six or seven inches tall in Battloid mode... the beta would be much taller, and bigger.

The combined fighter mode would be absolutely huge and awesome. I know I am getting my hopes up. :D

yes you are getting your hopes up cyc says the beta wont even be out till 2006

uhm. Just because the beta will be huge doesnt EVER justify the ALpha costing

80$. Most of us are doing the smart thing, waiting 2 months and bubying when discounted. Most of the etailers offering free shipping will most likely drop price after 2 months...thats when they can start price slashing. Only reason it is 80$ is because robotech.com is 80$ msrp BUT after 2 months other etailers can sell for less.

And so the wqaiting game begins.

I have one on preorder with Kevin. I know, I know. It's just that I'm a big Alpha fan and the Gakken ones are beyond my pocket. Besides the MPC's sculpt is very good.

I just wish there were more competition with the Alpha :(

all the etailer iknow that if price was slashed to 1/2 by toynami/HG all of us would by all 4 in one fell swwop!

but yes it is a mighty fine looking toy. now we wait till lower price.....

all the etailer iknow that if price was slashed to 1/2 by toynami/HG all of us would by all 4 in one fell swwop!

Sine the Alpha was advertised as "Limited Edition", I'm affraid to miss it. I know it's stupid, 'cause the VF-1's are still out there, but what can I say? I give myself to panic when it comes to certain items. Now you can call me an "Alpha scab" :ph34r:

Sine the Alpha was advertised as "Limited Edition", I'm affraid to miss it. I know it's stupid, 'cause the VF-1's are still out there, but what can I say? I give myself to panic when it comes to certain items. Now you can call me an "Alpha scab" :ph34r:

Meh. It's your money. Spend it however you like. I've got one on pre-order for Kev too and I don't even like Mospewhatchyacallit that much but this toy looks cool. I've paid more for less and I'm willing to bet almost everyone here has too. ;)

Even today Gakken Legioss`s plastic quality is still far better than Toynami`s Legioss even if it has the better looks.

Yeah, well I cannot buy those Gakkens at over $250 a pop. Yes I agree $80 is too much for this MPC alpha but who else is making them?

For me it will be a cool toy thats not $200.

For that price the Gakkens are used and prone to breakage. Most of the time missing items, parts and dirty. MIB ones make you have to take out a loan. Only way I would be mad with getting the Toynami one if the Beta never comes out.

A lot of the actual toy size and quality speculations will be solved within 2 weeks to a month's time. I have one on pre-order so I can see for myself and avoid the chance, however improbable, that if I wait I'll miss out on it...after I have that in my hands then I'll decide if continuing to buy the rest of the collection is worth my while. If the Alpha is VERY good, then I'll have to live with $60-$80 retail; if the toy is of passable quality then I'll wait for it to go on sale (I may do that anyway), but if the Apha sucks, then the Blue one will be the first and last for me.

Edited by mechaninac

Well, I recently got a gakken and I just don't like it. Its too big and chunky. I'll probably sell it and buy a MPC. I think 1/48 would be a better scale but I don't want to beat a dead horse.

I feel the same. While the Gakken was the only Mospeada/Alpha out there I thought it was cool. Now I can't even think in spending 250 bucks for a toy who has a better and newer version for less than half the price.

This does not means I'm happy with the $80 price tag. I'm talking to you Toynami :angry: