Super Bowl Fly-over heads up.

The planes scheduled for the Super Bowl Flyover (presumably right around the time of the National Anthem, or maybe halftime, who knows) are said to be 2 of Tyndall's F/A-22's in formation with 2 of VFA-103's F/A-18F's (flown by VFA-106 pilots). Joint USAF/USN formation, interesting. And no I don't know if a high-vis Jolly Rogers plane will be one of the 2 Hornets.

Wonder if whoever probably got paid $$$$$$ for planning the SuperBowl events realized a NIGHT flyover is really pointless. Schedule it earlier next time! Instead of pre-pre-pre haltime concerts, have the flyover...

I could tell they were F-22's from the V.stab outlines, but I honestly couldn't tell if they were *Super* Hornets. Good look at the slime-green formation lights though.

I missed this thread and was very excited when I saw the Raptors!! :D

I actually assumed the others were Super Hs figuring it was a "look at our new planes" group.

As has been said, definitely too short.....even the B-25 group before was too short. And as far as scheduling when lighter.......guarantee that the largest percentage of the ticket-holders would have know idea what they were looking at anyway. <_<

Edit-------GO PATS!!! :D

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Hey GC we won again :D it is great to see the Pats win 2 , now if only the Celts could start winning some again we would be all set.

chris B))

I almost laughed when I saw that. The AF guys got to fly the mightly new F/A-22, and what did the Navy guys get...?

It's kind of funny if it was to show off new technology, I'm sure everyone was "whoa, it's that new air force plane" but I don't think non aviation freaks can spot the diffrence between a Legacy and Super Hornet.

Edited by Druna Skass

Heheh... those raptors looked good to me, my tv has brightess problems so they were clear as day. :p Couldn't really tell if if they were super hornets, but I think I saw the outline of the rear stabs, and it looked angled. Most of what I could see was outline, but it was pretty distinct.

But what really impressed me was what they did before that.. that had to be the best pre-game show I've ever seen, as well as the best performance of the national anthem I can remember hearing at any sports event in my life... the salute to the veterans really got to my family in particular. One of my grandfathers was with the group on Iwo Jima that they mentioned, and according to my mom, he may have been there to see it when the flag was raised.