Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I still see them, around here. I don't think they get used for long hauls, anymore. I think they get used more for short distances, especially if they'll be in places with limited space. I think they're still comon for yard dogs, but the ones I've seen used for that had a single rear axle, and no sleeper. Makes for a pretty short frame, that's good for yard use.

ANyone have success finding an alternator wheeljack here in the states :unsure: ? I've been making daily trips to my local walmart, target, and toys r us on the way home from work. Lucky me :lol: .

I got one yesterday at a Target in Mansfield, TX(just outside of Dallas). They also had the RX-8 Shockwave.

ANyone have success finding an alternator wheeljack here in the states :unsure: ? I've been making daily trips to my local walmart, target, and toys r us on the way home from work. Lucky me :lol: .

Had mine for a while, now.

wheeljack6.jpg

Long enough to mod him, anyway. ;)

Sweet job you did, Greyrider. Did you paint the mid-section silver or white? (I'm planning to paint the mid-section on mine silver, and possibly repaint the forearms entirely black while retaining the blue pistons.) And I like the '05' decal on the door.

Apparently, there will be 2 BT-15 Prowl, the one we know for the black andd white colors and a blue one. He's available for preorder on www.hlj.com

Thank you. I painted it white. Had to give it a light oil wash, to darken it. Wheeljack is more of an antique white, than a true white.

I may have to repaint some sections of my Wheeljack, as it's a bit scratched-up out of the box.

BTW, did you also paint the dashboard?

Nope. I don't know why the flash made it look like that.

If you're touching up the stripes, I've found that Testors acryl bright blue (their standard shade of blue, that they sell) matches well. For me it was just about perfect, if I used the paint off the top of a bottle whith all the white settled at the bottom.

Nope. I don't know why the flash made it look like that.

Actually, I wasn't talking about the panel behind the head in robot mode. I was talking about the actual dashboard in car mode. On Grimlock, I painted sections of the dashboard and steering wheel silver to make it look more fully-equipped.

As for Wheeljack, I will need to look at interior shots of the actual race car.

If you're touching up the stripes, I've found that Testors acryl bright blue (their standard shade of blue, that they sell) matches well. For me it was just about perfect, if I used the paint off the top of a bottle whith all the white settled at the bottom.

Cool. That saves me time over mixing colors.

Anyone seen any good pics of the finished Prowl? I've seen this one but it's a bit old I think: http://www.binalternators.de/prowl_english.html

I came across some good pics of Swerve just then. But who the hell wants another Tracks variant? <_<

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&albu...ize=800&start=0

Edited by Guppy

i like prowl alot but i will definetly pass on swerve

Swerve is the first vette, that I'm actually interested in. I was going to pick up Tracks, just out of spite for whatever fool tried to make him yellow, but he never showed up around here. I can't stand Ravage, but Swerve looks kinda neat. Especially with that flame decal. It goes well with his color scheme.

Edited by Greyryder

Swerve is the first vette, that I'm actually interested in. I was going to pick up Tracks, just out of spite for whatever fool tried to make him yellow, but he never showed up around here. I can't stand Ravage, but Swerve looks kinda neat. Especially with that flame decal. It goes well with his color scheme.

I bought the blue BT Tracks because of the flame decal. It's funny how much I hated the yellow but loved the blue.

I bought the blue BT Tracks because of the flame decal. It's funny how much I hated the yellow but loved the blue.

yeah, you would think that since the mold is the same, it wouldn't bother people. I have ravage... thought that could fix my tracks void but it really didn't (gole dang panther head).

I'd opt to get a BT blue, but i notice i like teh plastic more - can chuck 'em around without worrying about them breaking.

yeah, you would think that since the mold is the same, it wouldn't bother people. I have ravage... thought that could fix my tracks void but it really didn't (gole dang panther head).

I'd opt to get a BT blue, but i notice i like teh plastic more - can chuck 'em around without worrying about them breaking.

Breakage? I object to that! Alterrnators havesome thin plastic for most of the car parts like the hood. Binaltechs have metal in place of those thin plastic parts....well in most areas. I used to think binaltechs were more fragile and such but I got 2 for my birthday and by far they are more durable than my alts.

And paint scratches are no big deal and have not happened to me in the many times I played with my techs. I say buy blue tracks man!

It's not the breakage that you have to worry about but the paint chipping. My 8 or so are all BT's and they've held up well. Except for poor Grimlock who got dropped down the back of the couch and got his roof all scratched. <_<

It's not the breakage that you have to worry about but the paint chipping. My 8 or so are all BT's and they've held up well. Except for poor Grimlock who got dropped down the back of the couch and got his roof all scratched. <_<

BT's Grimlock's roof is the same as Alt Grimlock's so that wouldn't make a diff.

It's not the breakage that you have to worry about but the paint chipping. My 8 or so are all BT's and they've held up well. Except for poor Grimlock who got dropped down the back of the couch and got his roof all scratched.  <_<

BT's Grimlock's roof is the same as Alt Grimlock's so that wouldn't make a diff.

I know. which is the irony of it! I have to say I was proud of myself not getting angry at my wife when it happened. :D

Sometimes all it takes is the colour to make the different. I mean look at all the exclusives and stuff

Clear Plastic?

Black Plastic?

No Plastic? (Full Metal Bits?)

And the damn thing becomes hot or a new character.

Look at Sideswipes Reissues. Clamp Down and Deep Cover ( I think)

And that Yellow Tracks looks like a freaking Taxi.

So Blue is Best.

Sometimes all it takes is the colour to make the different. I mean look at all the exclusives and stuff

Clear Plastic?

Black Plastic?

So Blue is Best.

i liked the yellow tracks more, its makes a pleasant change. Looks like a taxi??? Please, you havent noticed the large percentage of sports cars these days being yellow?

It's not the breakage that you have to worry about but the paint chipping. My 8 or so are all BT's and they've held up well. Except for poor Grimlock who got dropped down the back of the couch and got his roof all scratched.  <_<

I know. which is the irony of it! I have to say I was proud of myself not getting angry at my wife when it happened. :D

well, that's the point. If my BT's (er, my BT, i only own one) get scratched, I get a little depressed - 40-50 dollar toy and now there's a scratch.

But if my alt gets scratched, i tend to care less? cheap plastic, cheaper toy... so i mind less, even though it can be as hard to find or rarer than some BT's.

Edited by al0324

Clear Plastic?

Black Plastic?

So Blue is Best.

i liked the yellow tracks more, its makes a pleasant change. Looks like a taxi??? Please, you havent noticed the large percentage of sports cars these days being yellow?

Bikes as well.

But it's hard to mistake the others such as a porshes (spelling) Ferrai, Lambos etc as a cab

But the way Tracks was designed looked just like a cab if you pop a sign on top of him.

Clear Plastic?

Black Plastic?

So Blue is Best.

Bikes as well.

But it's hard to mistake the others such as a porshes (spelling) Ferrai, Lambos etc as a cab

But the way Tracks was designed looked just like a cab if you pop a sign on top of him.

i mocked this up real quick just to see how it looks

(picture modified from tfkenkon.com)

post-26-1117231916_thumb.jpg

Clear Plastic?

Black Plastic?

So Blue is Best.

Bikes as well.

i mocked this up real quick just to see how it looks

(picture modified from tfkenkon.com)

Wow. That's pretty cool actually. Now they're really robots in disguise.