Okay so lemme get htis stait.

rewooh

Perfect Grades aren't frail... They have their issues, but they are, for the most part, pretty sturdy (or seem to be— I've only built the Zaku so far). Now, designing a transformable PG (like the Zeta) is a pain in the ass, and it is hard to get it to be sturdy, this is true. But you really can make a well-proportioned 1/48 that is sturdy and has a smaller chest plate. I would wager that it is theoretically possible to make a Valkyrie skeleton (ala PG kits) that you can put armor pieces on, and the whole thing transforms. After all, the human race has been responsible for creating much more impossible-sounding things. I know of people that design their cars— making a PG-style Valkyrie that was solid would not be any more impossible than that. And remember, we have gone to the moon. And designed cameras— any SLR that you have seen or used before is 1,000 times more complex than any valkyrie will ever be. But they make them, and they work. It just took a lot of innovation (and financial backing). It would take some development costs... Which would be recouped, as the things would likely be expensive.

Who here wouldn't pay up for a Valkyrie model or toy that has detail on par with a PG Gundam and has proportions on-par with the Hasegawas? As a bonus, it could be offered in a super-scale, like 1/35. That would make it how tall? Let me check... 14" on the dot— about the size of a 1/60 Zeta. So 1/35 wouldn't be unreasonably big...

Anyway, it would be awesome. But I would be happy if Yamato would just release a 1/48 version with a corrected chest, which is probably less likely to happen than a PG Valk...

—Gregory Scott

Edited by identityno

Perfect Grades aren't frail... They have their issues, but they are, for the most part, pretty sturdy (or seem to be— I've only built the Zaku so far). Now, designing a transformable PG (like the Zeta) is a pain in the ass, and it is hard to get it to be sturdy, this is true. But you really can make a well-proportioned 1/48 that is sturdy and has a smaller chest plate. I would wager that it is theoretically possible to make a Valkyrie skeleton (ala PG kits) that you can put armor pieces on, and the whole thing transforms. After all, the human race has been responsible for creating much more impossible-sounding things. I know of people that design their cars— making a PG-style Valkyrie that was solid would not be any more impossible than that. And remember, we have gone to the moon. And designed cameras— any SLR that you have seen or used before is 1,000 times more complex than any valkyrie will ever be. But they make them, and they work. It just took a lot of innovation (and financial backing). It would take some development costs... Which would be recouped, as the things would likely be expensive.

Who here wouldn't pay up for a Valkyrie model or toy that has detail on par with a PG Gundam and has proportions on-par with the Hasegawas? As a bonus, it could be offered in a super-scale, like 1/35. That would make it how tall? Let me check... 14" on the dot— about the size of a 1/60 Zeta. So 1/35 wouldn't be unreasonably big...

Anyway, it would be awesome. But I would be happy if Yamato would just release a 1/48 version with a corrected chest, which is probably less likely to happen than a PG Valk...

—Gregory Scott

I know perfect grades are not frail, I own every one. I was refering to one of the customizers who made one of the hasagawa customs mentiioned that the joint systems required to make the transformation possible and keep everything in proportion are frail as alot of double jointing goes into these hasegawa variable customs.

Also the Zeta is a very sturdy PG, the main problem with it is that its a handful to transform (cause the thing is so damn large and heavy). Also because it is a transformable kit has the least ammoint of internal detail of all the PG's. This is mostly due to the way the chest has to transform. Still the internal detail is impressive in it, though just not as extensive as the others.

Edited by GobotFool

1/55! =D

forget accuracy

forget detail

for me its all about nostalgia and toughness. the 1/55 is probably the most durable of all the toy valkyries.

Chunky Monkies FOREVER! Literally. It's the Tonka valk. :lol: I've been getting the 1/48 line but the CM still has a special place in my heart. aaah

I'll use this topic instead of making a different one for my question.

What I'm looking for in the toys is the most variety. I don't really care about perfect transformations. If I can get all three modes, I'm fine with that. So it sounds like I should go with Yamato's. But, the 1/48ths I've seen a few of. Do they plan on releasing a lot of these in the futue with tons of variants? And the Bandai ones I haven't heard of. Can someone link me to some pictures of theres?

Thnaks :)

What I'm looking for in the toys is the most variety. I don't really care about perfect transformations. If I can get all three modes, I'm fine with that. So it sounds like I should go with Yamato's. But, the 1/48ths I've seen a few of. Do they plan on releasing a lot of these in the futue with tons of variants? And the Bandai ones I haven't heard of. Can someone link me to some pictures of theres?

Check the mainpage. Links to all sorts of toy pics.

Ah screw it

here.

Right now..

I'm gonna go with the bandai 1/55 first, since they're cheaper. I'm getting the rarest, max and millia first. I'm bidding on max and millia set + super armor right now. i think i should win it. its up to 225 right now.

then i'll go for the super skull, and then the rest. Nowadays, i've seen the vf-1j brown for like...25 bones. so i'm thinking of getting like a bunch of those, to make a small fleet. :)

then i'll get the rest later.

then i'm gonna worl on the yamato's 1/48. mybe one every...3 months or something. i duno, i may wait to see what else will come out..or what deals they might have.

I admit that the yamatos are very very good looking. i want the bandais for toughness and durability. and i want the yamatos for beauty and for display..and just too have.

in terms of 1.60, i duno. i'm not comfortable with the legs coming off.

everything else will have to wait until i can collect all my vintage mospeada toys. i think i got all the cyclones mint in the box. 1 green mint. blue is used. and i'm looking for red. i want blue and red mint.

then i'll wait for a possile release of mospeada toys. and burn my money on that. :p \

thank you for your input everyone.

What I'm looking for in the toys is the most variety.  I don't really care about perfect transformations.  If I can get all three modes, I'm fine with that.  So it sounds like I should go with Yamato's.  But, the 1/48ths I've seen a few of.  Do they plan on releasing a lot of these in the futue with tons of variants?  And the Bandai ones I haven't heard of.  Can someone link me to some pictures of theres? 

If you want variety, I think the most variety is to be had with the Yamato 1/60 line. All that's really lacking relative to the Bandai/Takatoku 1/55's is a GBP-1S, and a Hikaru Strike (which you could customize out of a Roy Strike). And the Bandai/Takas never had a VF-1D, or FAST packs for the Max & Millia. (Yes, people are bundling the FP's on eBay, but you'll have to customize them to get the right color.) Plus, the Yamato Elint/Ostrich are much cheaper/easier to get than the 1/55's.

The Bandais are reissues of some of the original Takatoku 1/55's and of the Bandai 1/55 Super issued in 1990 or thereabouts.

Nobody knows what Yamato's future plans are for the 1/48's, beyond a rerelease Roy VF-1S, a Hikaru VF-1S, and a Hikaru VF-1J (optionally with TV-style FAST packs). Chances are they'll do more (like Max and Millia 1J's) but they aren't saying.

The other place to see most of the offerings is The Valkyrie Factory, at http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/frame.html

N.B. Nobody makes a Kakizaki in DYRL colors, but Toynami makes a 1/55 scale TV Kakizaki (Ben Dixon)...something I might pick up if the price is right.

Edited by ewilen