1/48 YF-19 Resin Model

Kurt

Hey everyone. I just completed the 1/48 YF-19 to go along with the YF-21 previously posted. I mentioned that my last hurdle with the 19 was mounting the canopy. I added some structure to it to stiffen it up a bit. It does not fit perfect, but it came out pretty good. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

post-3-1105295939_thumb.jpg

ok ill be good(smacks head on pillow) i knew you were getting them out soon it just makes me want to build them more when i see some completed ones(smacks head on cat). excellent work again Kurt. what color did you use for this one?

Edited by HWR MKII

oh geesh kurt why did you have to show this, i am virtually broke already does anyone know if you can still get this kit? yours looks incredible.

thanks

chris

what color did you use for this one?

I first used the mixture that Hasegawa recommends. I sprayed that and it just seemed to biege. That may be the correct color, but I didn't like it. So I proceeded to lighten it up by spraying Gunze 316, which is an off-white.

i have a 72 scale hase one for right now and i agree the color they come up with seems too beige. so i took testors acryl radome tan and 50/50 mixed it with white and did some postshading and now it looks right. ill just do the same on this one. thanks looks like i was on the right track and your info helped.

i think this sculpt looks better than hasegawas. the hase one looks too slim on the "neck" area and the foreward canards behind the cockpit look too long.

One question though. Aren't there supposed to be lights on the sides of the nosecone?

I was not sure about this. My reference material was not that good. And the images I found were not clear. I thought it best to not guess.

when i get the one you sent me jessee im going to actually try to stretch form some clear acetate over the part to make a clear replacement. carve out the solid part and put some sensor "bits" behind it. paint the clear pieces on the inside with clear red and attach. that should result in the proper looking sensor. i just hope the mail system gets me the kits quickly. im also going to use some clear green sprue from a gundam kit to fabricate the green thingey thats behind isamu's head in M+

sean

Edited by HWR MKII

when i get the one you sent me jessee im going to actually try to stretch form some clear acetate over the part to make a clear replacement. carve out the solid part and put some sensor "bits" behind it. paint the clear pieces on the inside with clear red and attach. that should result in the proper looking sensor. i just hope the mail system gets me the kits quickly. im also going to use some clear green sprue from a gundam kit to fabricate the green thingey thats behind isamu's head in M+

sean

Sounds awesome! Good luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
about 1/16 to 1/8 thickness. One wing looks good and fits into the slot provided and the other is lucky to match up on top. i had to feather the bottom on one into the lower fuselage check the pics on my thread in a bit.

it looks like the wings being thinner than the joint where they meet the body was part of the original, and of course that transfered over the the recast. when i put together my test cast one i was thought that perhaps it was intentional to simulate some sort of hindge, but after seeing what it looks like nice and matched up i know i was wrong.