Jerry Bruckheimer producing....

Mechleader

Jerry Bruckheimer producing the Battle of the Planets

The Movie Blog reports a cgi/live action G-Force aka Gatchman aka Battle of the Planets may be the next project for Jerry Bruckheimer

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Bruckheimer will be herding talking animals in "G-Force," a live-action/CGI family feature film that has landed at Walt Disney Pictures with Bruckheimer attached to produce. "G-Force" marks the directorial debut of visual effects supervisor Hoyt Yeatman, who has worked on a number of Bruckheimer's films. Yeatman has been developing the project at his newly formed production venture Whamaphram Prods., which is set to produce both computer-generated and animated film projects integrating animated characters into live-action settings

Well he handled Pirates....hopefully he wont get Michael Bay to direct.

This has got my interest. I think if done right this could be pulled off. Honestly I thought the first Power Ranger movie was good for what it was and that's kinda the closest thing we have to compare what a live action GForce/Gatchman movie could or would be like.

I guess it depends on how its marketed and who its aimed at. People would be more forgiving if its aimed at kids and young teens which it should be seeing as its going to be a Disney film and that's who the actual show was aimed at though adult still enjoyed it either cause they grew up watching it or just happen to enjoy animated shows no matter who the official target audience was. I think this could turn out good to be honest or at least decent enough that you can enjoy it with a smile and eat popcorn.

Then again there are still going to be those that claim that their childhood is being ruined. Oh well.

Edited by Effect

Does this mean we can expect the same incredibly high level of quality that we've seen in films like Con Air, Gone in Sixty Seconds, and Days of Thunder? :lol:

Oh well, it'll look pretty and we might get lucky. But at least it will probably get made with the Bruck on board.

ummm... not that G-force...

As incredible as it may sound, the G-FORCE movie is about a troupe of super-intelligent animal commandos that work for a government agency out to stop a evil billionaire from taking over the world. The movie will be a combination of live-action and computer animation aimed at a family audience. Hey, if Bruckheimer can produce KANGAROO JACK, why not heroic animal commandos?

The thought of seeing a live action Princess has me interested... but then the thought of a live action Keeyop and 7-Zark-7 has me shuddering.

I don't think there is going to be a "Keeyop" or a Zark or his dog Rover 1. If they are basing this off the G-Force version of Gathcaman then those characters wouldn't be in it. So G-4 will most likely be a real kid (Jimpei/Peewee) and not some sorry excuse for a cyborg. Ironically I watched about 4 episodes of G-Force last night while cleaning out my old anime tapes. The characters all had retarded names (Ace Goodheart, Dirk Daring and Princess had a real name in Agatha June which is close to her real name Jun) but it was much truer to the original Gatchaman content and storywise than Battle of The Planets ever was.

I've still got my doubts about the project goign by Hollyweed's track record but so far the fact it's modeled after G-Force and not BOTP is a good start.

EDIT: Then again... There was that horrible Eagle Riders version too......

Edited by Jemstone

If they are basing this off the G-Force version of Gathcaman then those characters wouldn't be in it.

Again... it's not BotP or that G-Force.... it's a disney based adventure starring animals. Nothing to do with the Tatsanuko produced G-Force series. It's the whole Kimba/Simba thing all over again. :D:lol:

If they are basing this off the G-Force version of Gathcaman then those characters wouldn't be in it.

Again... it's not BotP or that G-Force.... it's a disney based adventure starring animals. Nothing to do with the Tatsanuko produced G-Force series. It's the whole Kimba/Simba thing all over again. :D:lol:

Is that so? Phew! I feel like we just dodged a missle. :lol:

I just want to see how they pull of the transformation of each character and the way they unit in a flyign circle while doing their battlecry

And YES my childhood is about to being raped

That along with the Willy Wonka Movie

This has got my interest. I think if done right this could be pulled off. Honestly I thought the first Power Ranger movie was good for what it was and that's kinda the closest thing we have to compare what a live action GForce/Gatchman movie could or would be like.

I guess it depends on how its marketed and who its aimed at. People would be more forgiving if its aimed at kids and young teens which it should be seeing as its going to be a Disney film and that's who the actual show was aimed at though adult still enjoyed it either cause they grew up watching it or just happen to enjoy animated shows no matter who the official target audience was. I think this could turn out good to be honest or at least decent enough that you can enjoy it with a smile and eat popcorn.

Then again there are still going to be those that claim that their childhood is being ruined. Oh well.

My childhood's been raped by Disney. Waitaminute, what's all this about animals?

Not. Gatchaman.

It's hilarious that this face -> :blink: didn't come up more often in this thread, and we folks just went right into speculating about it, like it's perfectly normal for a big American action movie producer to be making a live version of an obscure kid's anime TV show with a decided corny bent inherited from the 70's. Seriously, what would Bruckheimer be doing with a live-action Gatchaman? :p

-Al

Jerry Bruckheimer & Walt Disney?

HA! That pairing is about as mismatched as it can get. Jerry Bruckheimer can't lower his talent enough to make a 'family' movie.

you don't need to be the talent to be the producer, you just look for it. Like the article said. Bruckheimer already made family movies. Does anyone read the articles before commenting?

We're just doing this to piss you off EXO. :p

Edit: anyway who in their right mind makes a movie called "Battle of the Planets" for an american audience and does not make it about G-Force/Gatchaman? That is like me making a movie called "Speed Racer" about really fast birds in the amazon. :unsure:

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

We're just doing this to piss you off EXO. :p

Edit: anyway who in their right mind makes a movie called "Battle of the Planets" for an american audience and does not make it about G-Force/Gatchaman? That is like me making a movie called "Speed Racer" about really fast birds in the amazon. :unsure:

I'm not pissed... but these panties sure bunch up quick...

ooops! :huh:

Here is the link...

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=19003

It says that it is the Battle of the Planets but change them to animals????

Anyone have more info???

Reread that AICN article. The "Battle of the Planets" part is entirely their interpretation, as the actual Hollywood Reporter article that they quote makes no reference to BOTP or Gatchaman.

So if I'm reading this right the only link to Gatchaman or Battle of the Planets is Boofhiemer's use of the name "G-Force" to describe the team of animals?

Lame.

If the reaction of us here and the people writing these news stories is one of "it's Battle of the Planets!" then I wonder what the reaction of the rest of America will be when this thing gets let out of it's cage. Say the name "G-Force" to anyone in my generation and a few people after and we instantly say "battle of the planets". The name "G-Force" is an american pop icon... using that name for something totally different is going to confuse a lot of people just as this thread did. Once again, why make a movie called (or with a team named) "G-Force" that is not about the "G-Force"?

Hell! Let them call it G-Force! G-Force means nothing to me, and I have no desire to see a horribly butchered and rewritten Hollywood movie based on the horribly butchered and edited version of a Japanese series. I'd be upset if they tried to make it a Gatchaman movie, so the further it departs from Gatchaman, the happier I am.

If the reaction of us here and the people writing these news stories is one of "it's Battle of the Planets!" then I wonder what the reaction of the rest of America will be when this thing gets let out of it's cage. Say the name "G-Force" to anyone in my generation and a few people after and we instantly say "battle of the planets". The name "G-Force" is an american pop icon... using that name for something totally different is going to confuse a lot of people just as this thread did. Once again, why make a movie called (or with a team named) "G-Force" that is not about the "G-Force"?

Yeah, but not to sound like an ass JSA, but it sounds like this movie isn't made for oyu generation as it seems to be decidedly kiddie-fare in nature. So.. yeah. :(