Yu Gi Oh Madness!

soze

QUOTE (>EXO< @ Dec 14 2004, 11:53 AM)

I feel like bidding on it, but I'm afraid of actually winning..

I wonder how many people have done that? 

Why bid on it?

Only two English version in existance, this guys bidding on one of those two....I showed it to a co-worker whose kids are yugioh nuts, and he just about shat himself "Don't you EVER show this to my kids."

Now I know where all those Magic CCG weirdos went. :ph34r:

Some one call me?? :lol:

Well that bidding is really exagerated. The value of the most expensive magic card is somewhere around 800 dollars...

25.000 come on... go buy yourself a car and get you a life

Because he knows some dork will pay $25K for it.

Even the most hardcore card game player's sense comes back when they realize they can get a CAR for something they got for free.

Just ask the people that catch all those homerun balls that sold for millions. Which would you rather have, a one of a kind collectable and the honor of being it's owner... or piles and piles of jack.

Heh, somebody should just use the image posted on the auction to print some high quality copies and flood ebay with them :lol: .

Ok, I can understand the seller selling this. Heck if somebody is stupid enough to pay 25 grand for a peice of cardboard, then why not. More power to the seller.

What I don't understand is the bidders. I mean I thought Yu Gi Oh was an anime & game just for little kiddies, i.e. under 10 years old.

I don't see any little kiddies having 25 grand laying around, so does this mean that they either have very rich (and stupid IMO) parents or there are actually adults willing to blow that sort of cash on a kiddies card? The mind boggles :rolleyes: !

OK, I'm a guy in his mid-30s who collects transforming plastic Japanese robot toys, so perhaps I shouldn't be so critical, but I still feel there is a big difference between spending maximum $200 on a quality robot toy, which is aimed at older collectors and spending 25 grand on a piece of card that is aimed solely at pre-teens.

Graham

For the seller, if he gets the 25 Grand.. aye, I think it does. :rolleyes:

I'm fairly sure that some of the bidders are doing it for fun, but you never know. 25 Grand for a piece of paper.. I wonder if the winner's ever going to actually use it in a deck.

EDIT: Godzilla and I were thinking along the same lines. :) Great minds think alike.. and so do little ones, I guess. B))

Edited by Lynx7725