VF-4G or...VF-4G?

Viceland

Hello fellow MWers,

I've been looking for a static (not variable) model kit of the VF-4G Fighter Valkyrie in 1/72 scale for a while now. I found out, on ChristopherB's great "Macross complete list of 1/72 kits"*, that a few where made, as follows:

1. Club-M 1/72 VF-4G "Lightning III" Fighter Valkyrie

2. Hobby Base/Retppu 1/72 VF-4G "Lightning III" Fighter Valkyrie

3. Musasiya 1/72 VF-4 "Lightning III" Fighter Valkyrie**

4. Any more?

Is someone out there able to compare the kits? Like which is more accurate?, what each is made of? (injection plastic, resin cast, vinyl cast), what their current market value is? which is the better build? etc? I want to know which kit I should concentrate on actively seeking out, and I want to base my choice on facts and opinions from the best source available, the expert knowledge only found in the craniums of MWers!! :rolleyes::D

* ChristopherB's List - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=10945&st=0

** Is this the "Flashback 2012" kit? or even the Retppu kit repackaged? :huh:

Thanks everyone for your input and opinions!!!! :D:D:D

Okay, I never owned the Club-M kit, so I cannot speak anything of it but I guess quality should be up to par!

As for the other two kits Musasiya and Hobby Base Retppu, which I have or had at one point, I must say the Musasiya ranks first in rarity. It comes in a tiny box with easy to follow instructions, basic decals and the kit is out of resin with white metal parts and vacuum formed canopy. Quality and sculpt is good, seeing the age of the kit! This is really one of the rarer kits from the entire Macross series!

As for the Hobby Base Retppu kit, well I am not too sure but I believe this is the most recent kit out of the three. It is the only one out of vinyl and sculpt is pretty well made! Btw, if you are interested I still have this one and it is up for sale :D

Andy :)

To add my two cents....

The reppu kit is neat.....it's vinyl...and will be a pain to build...but it's by far the easiest to get...and a nice entry price.

The Club M is gorgeous...very accurate...very nice detail.

I don't own the Musasiya...but from what I have heard it's very nice. A little less detail then the Club M, and a slightly different sculpt...but very nice panel lines and well sculpted.

To add my two cents....

The reppu kit is neat.....it's vinyl...and will be a pain to build...but it's by far the easiest to get...and a nice entry price.

The Club M is gorgeous...very accurate...very nice detail.

I don't own the Musasiya...but from what I have heard it's very nice. A little less detail then the Club M, and a slightly different sculpt...but very nice panel lines and well sculpted.

Who knows if the Club-M or the Musasiya is more accurate, but the Club-M sure looks cooler in my opinion.

The Club-M kit comes with parts so you can built it in gerwalk mode if you want to. The Musasiya kit doesn't. And tecnically these aren't the same subject. The Club-M kit is a VF-4G were as the Musasiya is a VF-4. I'm not sure what the difference is exactly but someone here can probably clue us in. Personally I really like the Musasiya but the Club-M is a very nice kit too. I don't really care for the Retppu kit.

Just my 2 cents,

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

The Musasiya VF-4 is based on the version of the VF-4 that appeared in Flashback 2012. It's a bit different that final version that appeared in the VF-X game. Most noticeably, the fuselage is larger.

I only have a recast of the Musasiya kit myself (I've been looking for an original of it for years now...) but I was really impressed with the detail on it. Its panel line detail rivals that of the Hasegawa VF-1! And though my recast came with no decals, the original looks to have come with decals equal to the Hasegawa kits as well.

As for the Retppu vinyl kit, I can't really comment on it, since I never got one of my own. But after recently building my Kotobukiya vinyl kit of the Gunbuster, I may never bother getting the Retppu kit, even at its low price tag. I now officially despise vinyl kits :p

last time i checked, i think the club m one was the most accurate. someone plz correct me if im wrong. you can get a recast here:

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=1847

Actually, the completed model pics they have of the "Club-M" kit are actually photos of my Yellow Sub 1/100 model. They stole the pics from the model section of Macrossworld:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...wsub/ysvf-4.htm

The box and parts pics are in fact the Club-M kit, though.