Yamato VF-1S 1/48th on sale at Animenation

therealfolkblues

I never knew that $112 was considered a sale price for the VF-1S. I guess I was lucky enough (thank to Malich) to find a VF-1S for such a great price. How much are 1/48's selling for at online retailers?!?!? :ph34r:

Hmmm...I just checked their website and the 1/48 1S is at $140.

They ship UPS!!! I hate UPS!!! I would never order from a company that ships UPS.

Nothing against the company itself, I just had to many bad experiences with UPS. :angry:

Amen, unless you pay UPS out the ass, they are the slowest, most dicked up shipper there is.

I have had two packages arrive at buyers damaged thanks to UPS, so I will not use them again.

UPS is the worst. They've delivered two packages to me that went to my old addresses from over two years ago! The packages themselves had the correct address, but UPS put their own incorrect sticker address on and fouled it up. I'm really lucky I still know my old neighbors and they could tell me.

As people have said, and I checked myself, the price listed at Animenation is $140. Where did you see the reduced price of $112?

On a similar topic, I see that at HLJ that the VF-1S Focker version is considered "out of production.' Will Yamato truly make a limited number of these pieces or do people think they will fill the demend of fans?

1/48 VF-1S Transformable Valkyrie "Roy Focker"

Edited by Chuey

$120 after shipping is still a good deal. Save about 20 bucks average. Go for it if you can, before the clearance sale ends.

Definately more money than when they put Hikaru on sale. Around 90 bucks they wanted for him. Needless to say that was my first 1/48. 100 bucks after shipping. Now that was a sale. :D Shame I got it before knowing about the 1S Hikaru, I might have waited anyway.

Edited by Anubis

Help me! The sickness has got me!

I just got one at the clearance page for $122, shipped.

I did this even though I know that they are re-releasing the Roy 1S (hopefully improved!).

I did this even though I have one sitting on my bookcase at home right now!

I did this even though I still don't have a Low-vis or a Max.

I need help.

H

I think the Roy 1S re-issue is pretty well confirmed.

But the only reference I've seen to a Hikaru 1A re-issue is the Yamato newsletter that nobody has actually confirmed by saying: "I read Japanese, and here is exactly what it says."

It would seem odd to me that they would release the Hikaru 1A and 1S so close together.

Not saying it insn't happening. Just saying that nothing is certain right now.

Or is it?

H

...and they only ship to continental 48 states.

After reading that I automatically stopped reading further. <_<

Finally got mine after a long, hurrican-prolonged, UPS ground journey from Florida (to the west coast). . .

Wow! For all that traveling, the box is still in perfect shape. This will be my "mint/never opened" original release Roy. So, a good box was a big deal for me.

I'll buy my valks from Kevin at Valkyrie Exchange whenever I can. But, I must say that AnimeNation is a good second choice (along with TMP Anime of course!). Very nice packaging and a perfect valk (box, at least, I'm not opening it).

Now, to fight off the urge to get an improved one when they are released! :p

Best Regards,

H

Edited by Hurin