Disney is going ahead with TOY STORY 3.

UN Spacy

please, there is nothing wrong with seeing the direction and average quality of the product any given company produces and making projections about what future releases will be like. Especially considering the IP in question wasn't originated in house and that the original artists involved will not be involved.

People do this all the time, say you buy a dresser from a well known european furniture maker, and find the quality to be subpar. Say you find the table and sofa you also bought from them to be also questionable, no one would fault you for not wanting to buy more from that company.

The fact that the last several disney features have been stinkers, leads many of us to assume, yes assume, that this new toy story will be somewhat less than spectacular. And really, the ability to learn from experience and to create projections of the future based on that experience, is not a bad thing.

TS3 is going to be like Terminator 3. Without James Cameron, T3 really blew. It will be the same with TS3 without John Lasseter.

Hmm... I did give Terminator 3 a chance... and it was probably the worst movie I've ever had the misfortune of seeing in the theater.

Still, I'm going to wait until I at least see some trailers before I pass judgement on Toy Story 3, or any other movie, for that matter.

TS3 is going to be like Terminator 3.  Without James Cameron, T3 really blew.  It will be the same with TS3 without John Lasseter.

Hmm... I did give Terminator 3 a chance... and it was probably the worst movie I've ever had the misfortune of seeing in the theater.

I WISH I could make that claim...

T3 was one more in a long list of mediocre films for me. It barely scratched the surface of worst films.

TS3 is going to be like Terminator 3.  Without James Cameron, T3 really blew.  It will be the same with TS3 without John Lasseter.

T3 was one more in a long list of mediocre films for me. It barely scratched the surface of worst films.

T3 was a light enjoyable flick, and while it did not live up to it's two predecessors I had a good time with it.

T3 was a light enjoyable flick, and while it did not live up to it's two predecessors I had a good time with it.

The end sucked.

The end sucked.

I was cool with the end, I thought the chemestry between the John and his future wife was awful though.

The end sucked.

It wasn't just that the ending sucked... it went against the message in the first two, "No future but what we make it." That, and I find it hard to believe that the man who becomes the leader of the human resistance is such a gimp.

The end sucked.

It wasn't just that the ending sucked... it went against the message in the first two, "No future but what we make it." That, and I find it hard to believe that the man who becomes the leader of the human resistance is such a gimp.

BUT it closed off a nasty timeline problem. Destroying SkyNet should have killed John Conner, since his dad never went back in time to stop the Terminator.

Actually, it meant Conner never should've been born, because he was the man that sent his father back to save his mother.

Can't have casusality paradoxes if you can change the future, because they rely on the future being as set as the past. Everything that will happen, has happened.

I DO understand the logic behind T3's ending(and, of course, there was the fact that it let them make more sequels). I just didn't like it. No one likes watching everyone get killed as the heros lose.

Personally, I think the series was best left as a single standalone film.

TS3... T3..... Let me ask this. Ha as there ever been a third film in series or trilogy that didn't suck or at least was equal to the rest? (Return of the Jedi wasn't as good as the firts two and neither was Return of the King if that's what you're thinking)

And Mike, Toy Story 3 most likely will still suck no matter how much you bend your back for Disney and give them a chance. There's just no inspiration among at Disney anymore. Blaine's 100% right.

Edited by Jemstone

TS3... T3..... Let me ask this. Ha as there ever been a third film in series or trilogy that didn't suck or at least was equal to the rest? (Return of the Jedi wasn't as good as the firts two and neither was Return of the King if that's what you're thinking)

Back to the Future?

TS3... T3.....  Let me ask this.  Ha as there ever been a third film in series or trilogy that didn't suck or at least was equal to the rest? (Return of the Jedi wasn't as good as the firts two and neither was Return of the King if that's what you're thinking)

Back to the Future?

:p Yeah, Back to the Future part III was the crowning achievement of that trilogy.

TS3... T3.....  Let me ask this.  Ha as there ever been a third film in series or trilogy that didn't suck or at least was equal to the rest?

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. :ph34r:

lol I don't know if that one counts. Not really a trilogy and guys like Lee Van Cleef were clearly playing different characters. lol As series it tops the others but I dunno as a trilogy.

Maybe we'll find out next year.... ;):lol:

lol I don't know if that one counts. Not really a trilogy and guys like Lee Van Cleef were clearly playing different characters. lol As series it tops the others but I dunno as a trilogy.

It is a trilogy. Other actors may show up as different characters, but it's a trilogy regardless. Leone was just one of those directors who liked to reuse actors. In fact, Eastwood did the same thing for decades. Dirty Harry's cop buddy in Sudden Impact was the very same "punk" he asked how lucky he felt in the original Dirty Harry.

If you want to be technical about the "3rd time is the charm" movie syndrome it is a proven hollywood track record that the third movie in a series almost always underperforms and begins or continues a trend of depreciating return on a property. Almost every "3rd film" in a series has marked the downturn of the line, even in such "notable" series as Back to the Future (the third movie doing the worst of the three at the box office). Even such landmark series as Harry Potter show a downturn in profit from the first movie to the third (Prisoner of Azkaban doing much less than 1 or 2). Sure there is a chance the "3rd movie" can be a decent film in people's opinions but as far as the business angle of hollywood goes number 3 is usually just a try for more money that never makes the cash the first one did.

The only "3rd Movies" that I have ever seen break that cycle have been Spy Kids 3D: Game Over and Return of the King... with Spy Kids actually doing better than the second and almost surpassing the first in box office totals and Return of the King surpassing both 1 and 2.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Funny you should meantion James Bond... being one of if not the longest running movie series of all time the James Bond line has gone through some high points and low points. Most of the highs and lows correspond with changes in the franchise. Case in point, Connery's movies show a trend of increasing popularity and ticket sales then there is a sharp drop when they switched to Lazenby... the final Connery Bond movie made almost double what Lazenby's movie did. Same thing went for the change to Moore and Dalton. The stories were pretty much the same, the characters were pretty much the same and the general action and plots were pretty much the same... so why did the profits drop with those changes? The moviegoing public just did not like the "new turn" at the license. The same thing can be said for Toy Story 3... same characters, similair plotlines, different people handling it. Will the public accept the difference for the similarities? Only time will tell.