Return of the King Extended dvd preview

uminoken

I laughed so hard I have a couple tears in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an e-mail saying they shipped the Minas Morgul environment last Friday. Whoopee!!

and......

Got the slipcase in on Saturday and then got an e-mail on Monday saying they just shipped the slipcase!!!

Maybe I'll get 2 - 1 for me and 1 for my bro. B))

Got my Morgul today! :D

I am now a "Happy LOTR Fanboy"! applause.gif

Pics!

I just finished finally watching the Extended Version of Return of the King. I had been putting it off until all my friends could get together for a big Lord of the Rings marathon. Unfortunately, one of our fellowship is moving out of town and we won't get the chance. So I watched it myself.

I must say, this Extended edition appears to have less "additions" than the other films. Most likely becuase ROTK in it's theatrical release was the longest of the three already. Most of the additions are more for fans than to add any particular spin on events. A few embelishments here, a bit more character development there, and a touch of some fun special effects.

Overall, another worthy addition to the trilogy and yet again, I enjoyed the Extended editionmuch more than the original theatre release.

The one change I loved most of all, was the entire passage through the Paths of the Dead. The drama was much more compelling with the fellowship coming out the other side and seeing Aragorn's despair. It also made the journey appear that much more difficult in the context of the coming battle and thus made the plot point feel more potent.

• 2 months later...

For those who missed out on or are holding out for a sale on the LOTR trilogy extended edition gift box sets, Fry's is blowing them out at $24.99 each.

PS2 version of LOTR: The Third Age at Fry's has dropped to $19.99 as well, while other chains are still charging $29.99 for it.

The PS2 Cy Girls game starring Mari Ijima's voice is now on sale for $14.99 at the City of Industry store.

Yes I was on quite a shopping spree. :D

• 5 months later...