Help, I just broke my brand new 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

Angel Leader

Wow,

So this really sucks. After paying way too much for a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru with Fast kit on Ebay (and getting a month lat b/c of shipping), I just broke it. So I was putt on the fast pack boosters and they kept falling down so i thought I had to click in the backpack or something and I completely snaped off the hinge of the backpack. So I'm screwed right? I feel like I just flushed 225 bucks down the drain. any suggestions guys? Should I even bother with super glue? Please help, any suggestions welcome.

-thanks

do not use super glue, i would recomned the parts section on this site we can usually get replacments, found it, post your message in there see if anyone has the part you need it may help to take pictures so we can see the extent of the damage

Macross world Parts thread

BTW welcome to Macrossworld, I am sorry it has to be such a sad welcome however :( I really hope you can get your valk fixed.

Edited by zeo-mare

Wow,

thanks guys for all the help. I've pmed rohby so hopefully i hear from him soon and get a new Bp8. So my only concern now about replacing are the two metal pins that are involved with the BP8. Any tips on how to take those out and later slide them back into place? I've been playing with the pic that attaches to BP8 and mine see pretty well stuck. Thanks again.

Ha ha Holy crap seems like were on the same boat after my girlfriend went in a crazy chinese rage and kick the desk my vf-1s hikaru went flying and what broke was the same part as yours. I don't know how to remove the bp8 or the metal rod go fig right?

From Rich

Good luck to the both of us

Ha ha Holy crap seems like were on the same boat after my girlfriend went in a crazy chinese rage and kick the desk my vf-1s hikaru went flying and what broke was the same part as yours.  I don't know how to remove the bp8 or the metal rod go fig right?

From Rich

Good luck to the both of us

the rod will come out if you push it with a similar sized firm object

and angel leader might i suggest you get more then one bp8

Edited by buddhafabio

HAhaha good question. good old ancient chinese techniques/ Sugar mama hahaha. Besides it was on the the passion of the moment you know shzt happens. don't worry I actually got my two cents in. Dam when a 200 dollar(had fast packs on at the time) goes crashing down in the heat of the moment I would of never imagin my self being so pist off. Man it was scary to think about what a 215 pound 5'8" korean was going to do to a 125 pound fortune cookie. Good thing I stopped myself from getting carried away and realized this isn't me, but it made me realize how much it really was worth to me. I quickly threw the pieces of the 1/48 in a bag and I couldn't look at it for 2 days. Felt incomplete. Just a empty spot in my collection I worked so hard for. Actually It was 2 1/48 that fell max vf-1a and hikaru vf-1s total of $360.00, but max was fine. Good old Max not even a 20 foot ace meltran chick can take him down in this case a 5'5" fortune cookie. anyways my quest to fix hikaru begins and ends when I figure out how to remove the bp8 and replace it with rohbys new and improved bp8.

Thanks for asking

From rich

Wow Its feels good to get this off my chest thanks again :p

yeah having no job for 3 month sure pisses off chinese girls.  HAHAHA

-EXO- -Exo- sure it takes two to fight but only one 1/48 to fall for a AZZ WHIPPIN

just kidding

From rich, you are 215 pounds?

:lol: Oh yeah I dated a chinese girl once they sure know their kung fu... or something similar that was really scary... more like berserker rage... :ph34r:

I miss those days... :lol:

Rich you are 215 gosh you are overweight...

Edited by RichterX

I tried to remove the pin from the bp8 but it seems like its glued in there. Haterist when you removed the pin and put it back was the pin loose?

From Rich

Wow eternal D I know there a lot of messed up korean guy in so cal but I don't like to hang around those kind of people too much drama. It's stupid and bad for your health trust me man I've been there done that and it not worth it. Hope you like the spider tank you bought from me. To bad I missed the chance to meet up with you at anime expo. Maybe next year :)

I tried to remove the pin from the bp8 but it seems like its glued in there.  Haterist when you removed the pin and put it back was the pin loose?

From Rich

actually the pin was pretty tight, its was a pain in the ass to get out, and even more of a pain in the ass to get in. :( you gotta use some elbow grease for that sucker.

to start, remove the pin with a pair of plyers using twist and turn method.

shoot how do i explain this? the BP8 has two tabs where the pin would go through right? placed the pin in by itself and twist and turn the pin. i did this cause the holes for the pins on the BP8 are tight, and "teeth marks" made by the plyers on the pin will sort of sand the resin inside the holes to make it go in a little easier.

does that make sense?

i did the same for the middle part(dunno what to call it) that the pin would go through as well.

once thats done, try and sand the pin a little to get rid of the marks from the plyers(causes friction) to make it go in easier.

i used some diamond coated sandpaper since regular sandpaper ain't doing jack to metal. smooth it out til all the plyer marks are gone and take a little extra off for good measure.

if you did everything correctly, the pin should go in fairly easily but you might have to bang it in with a hammer or some blunt object.

hope this all makes sense? if not, just hit me up or post your questions and i'll do what i can to help. :)

I wouldn't risk sanding or reaming out the holes to make the pin go in easier.... You could try hairspray.... Hairspray is what I used to use to change the handlebar grips on my motorcycle... The hairspray provides kind of a lubricant when wet, but when it dries it's kind of sticky... So it will help you put the pin back in, and will help hold it in place once dry... I've never tried this on a toy, but it should work.

yeah having no job for 3 month sure pisses off chinese girls.  HAHAHA

-EXO- -Exo- sure it takes two to fight but only one 1/48 to fall for a AZZ WHIPPIN

just kidding

From rich, you are 215 pounds?

:lol: Oh yeah I dated a chinese girl once they sure know their kung fu... or something similar that was really scary... more like berserker rage... :ph34r:

I miss those days... :lol:

Rich you are 215 gosh you are overweight...

Hell, I am 6'1" and I weigh 230 lbs. I am big Chinese boy. :lol: In my Judo class, I am the biggest guy around.

The pin is hit or miss. Patience is the key, grasshopper. Either take a hammer or something similar and tapped it gently out using some other pin to knock the pin loose or out.

Hey GB, your GF got any single girl friends? :D:ph34r:

I wouldn't risk sanding or reaming out the holes to make the pin go in easier.... You could try hairspray.... Hairspray is what I used to use to change the handlebar grips on my motorcycle... The hairspray provides kind of a lubricant when wet, but when it dries it's kind of sticky... So it will help you put the pin back in, and will help hold it in place once dry... I've never tried this on a toy, but it should work.

Man Rocco, when are you gonna finish that can of Aquanet from the 80's... last time you used it to start the fire on your BBQ grill... then there was the other time you had the ant problem at your house...

:p

Man Rocco, when are you gonna finish that can of Aquanet from the 80's... last time you used it to start the fire on your BBQ grill... then there was the other time you had the ant problem at your house...

It's the jumbo can, and that sucker will just NOT run out! :lol:

Yes... the BBQ incident was something to remember for sure....

Oh, and did I tell you all that hairspray also removes ink stains from fabric? It really does!

oh snap!! Rich, that totally sucks. She must've done a "chun-li" kick. Good thing she didn't bring down the rest of your valks!!! hehe, just messin. Hope you guys are doing better. Anyway, when is your krazy korean @$$ coming down here again? We gotta hang out this time, away from toys of course! :p:D:lol:

It's the jumbo can, and that sucker will just NOT run out! :lol:

Yes... the BBQ incident was something to remember for sure....

Oh, and did I tell you all that hairspray also removes ink stains from fabric? It really does!

hmmm... wonder if it's any good on soy sauce... lol...

I am 5'7 weight 188 pounds and trying to not gain anymore, every since I came to study in Texas I had been gaining weight... :( I am trying to lose it now...

I prefer the Sakura style of kick, the way that after kicking you see the tennis shoe flying around... :lol:

Yo Bobepatt for sure I'll come down to LALA land again.

If your 6'1" and 230 no wonder your nick name is gozilla and you have a collection of valkholism about the size of a giant monster about to crush everyones elses collection :D

godzilla I don't know if you want a taiwanese girl from the HaKahNees Clan there bro but I'll see if I can find one to apease the GODZILLAS apetite you sure you only need one? Man if your a 6'1" chinese guy your hella tall for a asian person.

I'll try to use the hair spay soultion with a straight face :p

I'll see about that pin what the easiest way is to remove it. I don't know why the pin is so stuck Hey Hatrist was it glued in there, and was it a pain to actually remove the bp8 from the valk? Any pointers just incase I might do some thing hella crazy to already broken valk?

From Rich

If your 6'1" and 230 no wonder your nick name is gozilla and you have a collection of valkholism about the size of a giant monster about to crush everyones elses collection :D

godzilla I don't know if you want a taiwanese girl from the HaKahNees Clan there bro but I'll see if I can find one to apease the GODZILLAS apetite you sure you only need one? Man if your a 6'1" chinese guy your hella tall for a asian person.

Yes I buy mutiples of valks. Yes I buy mutiples of Joes. What I dont need of is mutiple women... well... um... if they are hot... uh... hmmm... well damn it. One is good for now. :lol::o:D if you get too many you cant handle them all. And if they can fight, what you have is a powder keg rigged to blow. :ph34r:

I use to be 250 lbs. I am trying to lose more weight now. :blink: Yes I am tall for an asian. Dad is 5'11". Uncle is 6' on my dad's side. My uncle on my mom's side is 6' and 300 lbs. :o:blink:

well here the makeshift instructions from the first page....

to start, remove the pin with a pair of plyers using twist and turn method.

shoot how do i explain this? the BP8 has two tabs where the pin would go through right? placed the pin in by itself and twist and turn the pin. i did this cause the holes for the pins on the BP8 are tight, and "teeth marks" made by the plyers on the pin will sort of sand the resin inside the holes to make it go in a little easier.

does that make sense?

i did the same for the middle part(dunno what to call it) that the pin would go through as well.

once thats done, try and sand the pin a little to get rid of the marks from the plyers(causes friction) to make it go in easier.

i used some diamond coated sandpaper since regular sandpaper ain't doing jack to metal. smooth it out til all the plyer marks are gone and take a little extra off for good measure.

if you did everything correctly, the pin should go in fairly easily but you might have to bang it in with a hammer or some blunt object.

to answer your question, no the pin is not glued into part# BP7, its just a really tight fit. the above is the way i went about it and mine was stuck like a mofo.

heres a pic...i did this in seconds, so don't make fun of me.

the blue arrow is pointing to BP7, thats the pain in the ass pin to remove.

the red arrow is pointing to the secondary pin, this one slides right out and its a different size so don't mix them up.

the green arrow is pointing to the part that probably snapped on the valk. this its a tight fit there as well as a tight fit in the BP7. you gotta twist and turn like a mofo to get that pin out of BP7. its a total bitch and it might feel like you're gonna breaking it but it wil eventually come out. once out, it'll have the plyer marks from all the twisting and turning. use the pin itself to ream/sand the holes(highlighted in green)out a bit and repeat the process for the BP7. you might want to use some kind of lubricate, maybe that hari spray or some KY jelly(you got a girl :p )once the piece goes into each part fairly smoothly, then reassemble it and you'll be good to go.

well i think thats it. :unsure: i don't know how else to describe it without making an instruction video on "how to". :p hope that helps

post-4-1099004213_thumb.jpg

Edited by haterist

Actually the pin isn't stuck in the bp8 but in the back pack hinge Bp7

Parts_list_1.jpg

The easiest way I just removed it was

step 1: you need a hammer, a sharp table edge, a sewing needle, and a helper

step 2: hold the bp7 over the edge of the table but let the metal pin hang between the Bp7 and the edge of the table.

step 3: While holding the bp7 with you left hand over the sharpe edge of a table hit the pin with the hammer in your right hand. This makes most the pin hang out on one side of the Bp7. So basicly the table provides a upward force on the bp7 and the the hammer will provide a down ward force for the pin

step 4: Now use the left hand to hold the Bp7 over the sharp edge of a table and use the right hand to hold the sewing needel above the metal pin.

Step 5: Tell the helper to lightly hammer the sewing needle that you are holding over the metal pin in the Bp7. Hammering the sewing needle will drive the rest of the metal pin through Bp7 hole. Make sure the helper puts his or her left hand under the pin so the helper can catch it when it fall out.

This took not even 1 minute to do. This way there will be no teeth marks trying to remove it with pliers :)

From Rich

Edited by goldenboy_forever

Actually the pin isn't stuck in the bp8 but in the back pack hinge Bp7

:huh: thats what i said man, i even put it in bold BP7. :p

if you got someone else there to help you, it'll definitely make things easier but i'm single and i live.... allllll by mysellllllfffff. :(:p:lol:

ah so sorry bro bye the time I was done typing the previous post you type the bp7 before I saw your post. your right I tried the pliers but It was to slippery and I didn't want to leave teeth marks on the metal rod.

Thanks a bunch

From Rich

post-4-1099006742.jpg

Edited by goldenboy_forever

Haha let me explain thats actually the Bp7 on the left of the pick and thats little metal pin at the bottom middle and the desk at the right. See how I place the Bp7 on the desk so the metal pin will slide out when hit the hammer then the sewing need will drive the rest out. Ment to put the pic with the previouse explanation.

From rich :)