my first contribution

striderhiryu

a last shot of it in rear view. will post other shot`s as soon as i get the camera so i can take better shots of it with better quality and detail. please let me know what you think of it so far.

anyway here`s another i forgott to mention: the chest can be lift to expose the pilot, will take a shot of it soon to show the inner detail.

post-3-1097877963.jpg

i used mostly the hasegawa kit, for the head, chest nad partiall part of the back i kitbashe a severely damaged yamato valk. the forearms where from one of my leftovers. hand is a bandai 1/100 gundam. for the leg pack i used the ones of the VF-0 as a test. will mold a proper one as soon as i can.

the weapons module i used part of the hasegawa YF-19 underbelly. part of it also is of an F-15 interior, several parts where scratch built and the missiles with those parts from the sprues

That's awesome.

So, 2 YF-19's, but neither is transformable right?

How did you attatch the hips on the battroid?

I think your battroid would benefit from using the Yamato crotch piece :)

Looks really cool man.

What kind of paint did you use? Did you seal the paint? Just asking.

for the paint i used a simple spray can of acrylic enamel for the white fuselage.

i paint it giving it several quick strokes with the paint so it gets flat to the surface, this way it dries in less than a minute but anyway i let it alone for an hour just to make sure.

and the legs fast packs are those of the VF-0 but will try to one specially for the 19. i just tought while building ig that the shape and size was a nice fit.

i´m really thinking that with the experience i had doing this one i could try to do a variable one, but that will take a considerable amount of time. but hopelly i won´t take as much as yamato [from wich we heard nothing, so i´ll consider this as a race to see who does a perfect variable 19 first: myself or yamato].

i wish you luck to fully achive your goals in this project.

i think that the main problem with the YF-19 is that the mechanical design has several issues like different proportions in three modes.

maybe the hoary froating head should use a diferent aproach when designing VFs like a the start of the pre-design stage to take in consideration the commercial potential of the design so when converting the concept of the VF in to a real object they can minimize problems to the toys designer so they can make perfect variable toys or models wich actually beat toys in detail and other aspects.

here´s another one with the open chest

post-3-1097916173_thumb.jpg

i think that the main problem with the YF-19 is that the mechanical design has several issues like different proportions in three modes.

Isn't that the story of all macross toys..?

great job!!

It looks very much like the yamato YF-19. This convinces me that it'll be very, very difficult to produce a variable, anime correct YF-19 in battroid mode from fighter mode. The battroid has too many round edges in line art compared with the fighter. Too much anime magic is invested in the YF-19, imho. I guess the ppl in the toy section can just keep on dreaming about the 'perfect' YF-19FP :p

Absolutely. There is no way to have the nice long nose in fighter, and a short one in battloid.

I am going to use two noses and make it easy to swap them with a polycap.

striderhiryu: I think yours look great, and I love the fastpacks, especially the custom arm weapons.

• 1 year later...