GBP armor QC issue?

sleddogg83

I just broke out the 1/60 GBP armor and several pieces either don't want to stay together ot they aren't the right size. Here are the issues that I am having:

1) Included hands have too large of pegs to fit

2) nosecone/crotch arm won't stay pegged together

3) boosters won't stay on

Is this a common problem? I'm trying the armor out on a Hikaru VF-1J Super. Is the VF-1J Hikaru GBP have better QC?

Hey, SLEDDOGG83, I think quite a few folks here are having the same problems. Check out the old 1/60 GBP Armor threads on this same forum 'coz I think some of the guys have found ways to get around these same issues. About the boosters, just make sure they're pegged on the backpack like tight. For some reason, when I first got the armor, I was thinking that there were slots on the backpack for me to put the boosters on. I eventually found out that that wasn't the case. So, start searching and I hope ya find some solutions. :)

A common issue is the crotch armor which tends to pop off.

After attaching the two crotch pieces I use scotch tape along the seams (you can hardly see the tape when you attach the legs!!!). This way it never falls off. ;)

The boosters stay pretty fine on my three armors. Be sure to press the pegs from the "U" shaped piece hard against the Fast Packs and around the back pack.

A lot of people complain about the quality of the 1/60 GBP. I have no issues, it looks great on my VF-1J and both my TRU CF and production CF.

Yeah I was going to put it on my CD also. What can I do about the hand pegs besides cutting them down?

I would sand them down little by little with a file until they fit nice and tight. This way you won't end on the other side: hands with pegs too small that refuse to say on the arm!!!

the only complaint i have is the crotch armor. i use the orginal hands so i can have a gun in my valks hands. and i have yet tried to install gbp hands. i did want to see if they fit the 1/48 but they are too big.

i consider the gbp armor for the shelf queens (valks on display)

Edited by buddhafabio

Yeah I bought it for display purposes (will display it leaning back with a wide angled stance) as I knew that the armor would make the figure a complete brick. However, I didnt think that the armor would literally shake off. I might try the clear tape and use a little goo gone whenever I take off the crotch armor. I hate having to alter the pegs of the hands for them to fit. Does anyone sell an alter set for a decent price?

the armor actually comes on pretty easily. and i suggest not using the big hands since they look awful. you will have problems with the pegs on the legs...you'll only be able to pose the 1/60 chunky monkey style once the armor is on. and like most people, the crouch armor sucks...you'll have to use clear tape to keep it together.

Just #2. Whoever designed that needs to be dragged butt nekkid through broken glass.

Though I think if they had used a side fastener ala the hip armor (obviously thinner) it's easily solved. Hell, even scotch tape does it.

Chunky Monkey articulation is part of the design IMO (despite anime magic). Logically consider it. GBP turns the VF-1 into a Destroid.