1/48 VF-1S Roy returning in Dec?

bandit29

I was contemplating pre-ordering the Roy from HLJ and just decided to place my order today since I will be able to cancel it anyway if I change my mind. But guess what happened, it's gone!! It's discontinued now at HLJ :(

It could be possible that Yamato may release the TV Version instead so that could be the reason why HLJ has places the DYRL Roy as discontinued and may put a new link for the TV Roy, since you can't consider them both the same.

Edited by Valk-1S

hlj could've sold out of all their preorders...it's happend before so it's no real surprise that it'd happen eventually

Wouldn't they put "no more taking preorders" or something like that on the page? Very unlikely that they would take the whole thing off.

they did it before when they put up preorders for the 2nd release of the VF-1S... so unless one of the guys who preordered it can confirm anything from HLJ then i don't know...i can't confirm anything since i canceled the order before i even knew they were put on the "discontinued" status...

no wonder i couldn't sign in to HLJ earlier...they were updating all their stuff <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

my preorder on HLJ has the roy vf-1s now marked as 'future release' instead of 'dec release'. im leaving it up for now on the off-chance, and preordering the koenig to cheer meself up :D

i know that this is a lot to ask of you but could you check the item number on your order? is it still YMT00018 or did the number change? if the number did change then that means the valk will be the TV version and not the DYRL? version most of us have been hoping for...and thank you for checking, it's much appreciated :)

. . .if the number did change then that means the valk will be the TV version and not the DYRL? version most of us have been hoping for... . . .

That's one helluva leap.

H

Guys,

Just so Im clear, how did the rumours originally begin about it haveing the gray body and TV hands?

Seems like its just going to be a reissue to me.. Yamato would have said something, if it was changeing it.

Go by the last time Yamato released this Valk.. The TV hands were already out with the Super VF-1J, and when the Roy was re-issued, they simply shipped the original, (with the new quality control improvements all the Valks got). No hands, and no other changes.. Even the box was basicaly the same.

Im excited about this, as the Roy is the only one I wanted at this point. I decided to wait, and it looks like I am being rewarded.

He will go nicely with my Max VF-1A and my strike Hik VF-1S. B))

They also need to come out with a VF1S low Viz! That would sell!

it came out because some dude over at tmpforums.com posted details about it that he apparently heard from some vendors in japan. I asked him to clarify but so far he has not. AS it stands noone really knows who his sources even where or how credible they are. IF kev. tam, shawn n graham, neova, or Joel from BBTS said the details, THEN I would believe them but so far I am VERY VERY skeptical. I mean he hasn't said much more to us and even then it just seems too good to be true. HLJ and the aforementioned retailers don't even have the details and these guys are in constant communication with the wholesale distributors and such. SO yes I don't give much credence to the rumor...at least not just yet.

it came out because some dude over at tmpforums.com posted details about it that he apparently heard from some vendors in japan. I asked him to clarify but so far he has not. AS it stands noone really knows who his sources even where or how credible they are. IF kev. tam, shawn n graham, neova, or Joel from BBTS said the details, THEN I would believe them but so far I am VERY VERY skeptical. I mean he hasn't said much more to us and even then it just seems too good to be true. HLJ and the aforementioned retailers don't even have the details and these guys are in constant communication with the wholesale distributors and such. SO yes I don't give much credence to the rumor...at least not just yet.

I have sent an inquiry with my suppliers. Hope to confirm or quash the rumors soon.

-K

EXo, I scombed through the threads here and found nothing. THe first post about it was from kensei but he mentiones "another board". I went to tmpforums.com and that is where I found the rumor list from one of the members, who still hasn't said how credible his sources were or who they were.. Now if Kev was the one who said "oh yea grey VF-1S, TV hands etc..." THEN I would belive this rumor. Thanks for kev for getting in touch with your suppliers. Looks like we will be getting some SOLID info soon.

perhaps, LOL funny if it did. But this is what I got. FRom tmp

bryan_f_davis@yahoo.com

post Oct 11 2004, 09:51 PM

Post #12

Group: Members

Member No.: 3422

I have been contacted by several of my Japanese import vendors who have confirmed the 1/48 1S will be reissued.

From what I understand, there will be some minor diffrences...

Better Paint Job

Different sculpt hands (??)

Roy TV Version Pilot

Possible Grey PVC instead of White (body of fighter) color

As soon as I hear more, I will post it here.

Re-Issue Roy will be released in December or January.

1/48 Rumor mill also posts other reissues are on the way in 2005!

I paid an arm and a leg for my 1/48 1S. Ah, well. Live and learn.

I wish they re-issue the Roy VF-1S with a fast packs set,in order to make it a Strike Valk ,just like the tv version of the VF-1J.

By the way ,I´ve just bought that one....I´ll post pics of it next to my ID4 F18 hornet.I think the pilot from that aircraft may fit into the valk.Let´s cross fingers

Edited by Ovatak

i really wish it had optional DYRL? hands tough :p:D

found the links to where Rusty saw the news from...

http://www.figure-world.com/

http://www.figure-world.com/items/detail.php?gid=112

i'm too much of a lazy ass to go bablefish this...so someone else go ahead and do it :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Yes! I'm glad that the rumours weren't true. I can convert them to TV VF-1Ss while still maintaining some homogeneity among my other valks.

EDIT Hope this is not too off topic, but do you think that the FAST Packs will be rereleased too? They have to account for not all but the majority of these buyers would want FAST Packs too.

Edited by kensei