'Macross' Nikes

MacPnoy74

so to a certain degree, i do agree with you but people like to throw the word sellout around and its really not fair. its easy to call someone a sellout when you're not in that persons shoes. people can call me a sell out, but if some gay arse boy band paid me a million to dance around like a fruit cake, i'd do it in a heart beat. sure people can make fun, but i got me a million dollars. B))

Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice probably thought the same thing. :p

yeah, but you only hear about milli vanilli and vanilla ice on tv. There are probably thousands of others who made tons of money by being a so called"sell out" and are happy as hell. But nobody wants to know that, so they wont show it. Also, milli vanilli were fakers. If you good at skateboarding or what ever, and you get a large sponsor, aint nothing wrong with that. IF you got the skills, get paid. If Yamato offer W M Cheng a buch of money to represent Yamoto, would he be a sell out if he took the offer, or just somebody that had the talent, and Yamato saw that. Hmmmmm.....

Just remember dude, skateboarding is not a crime. :lol::lol::lol:

It was back then... I got tickets for it several times from the local PD for skating in parks. I got out of skating in 87 (junior year) mostly because it had become a mainstream fad at that point... when they start selling imitation skateboards at the local woolworths you know the movement has died on the table.

... plus I found a new after school activity: dive team.

I'm just glad that grunge came along so when I got out of the army and looked like a slob people just thought I was another grunger. :lol:

Just remember dude, skateboarding is not a crime. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It was back then... I got tickets for it several times from the local PD for skating in parks. I got out of skating in 87 (junior year) mostly because it had become a mainstream fad at that point... when they start selling imitation skateboards at the local woolworths you know the movement has died on the table.

... plus I found a new after school activity: dive team.

I'm just glad that grunge came along so when I got out of the army and looked like a slob people just thought I was another grunger. :lol:

i heard that, but i don't get tickets anymore. :D

i usually bust out with the "look officer, i'm 29 years old, i'm a grown ass man....do i look like i'm going to trash something? i'm just an old man trying to relive his youth and enjoy myself, nothing more....". works everytime. B))

skating is going down the tubes again, its never a good sign when you can buy real skateboards(not the bootleg BS boards) at target.

i quit when i got into high school as well, i found a new hobby, i think they called it....WOMEN! :lol:

grudge....i started that with my green cargo pants and chain wallet when i was 12(back in 87)....everyone made fun of me. 2 years later every kid in america had some green cargo pants and a chain wallet. :rolleyes: i've been seting trends since 75 yo! holla! :p:D:lol:

Nike Dunk SBs retail from $80-90 a pair, but it's very rare you'll find them at those prices at the local skateshops and Mom & Pop stores, especially for more 'limited' colors (that's if you can find them at all).

yeah dude, its kind of grimey when it comes to the nike skate kicks. you gotta know someone that knows someone to hook it up or your paying out the butt. skateshop workers don't make much money so adding on a "tax" on sneaks is one way to help pay their bills.

i've worked in the east before making sneakers and the probability of someone finding these shoes for sale is really low. a lot of these "limited" colors you see for sale are fake nikes they made in really small batches. like those Louis Vuitton airforce ones.. they make everything fake out there, particularly in Taiwan because they don't have very strict copyright laws. you can get any kind of shoe in any color out there, like Gucci jordans and stuff like that. to get an idea check out this website: http://www.platinumkicks.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Just got them today

ok, where'd you pick them up at? And for how much? I have some on reserve, but they haven't gotten them in yet. Let me know please! :p:D:lol:

Update:

Active Mailorder (www.activemailorder.com) got them in today( 10/21), it's NOT for sale on their website, phone orders only...$99.99 plus free shipping (+ tax in CA)...ask for the Shimizu Nike Dunk SBs, I don't know if they'll know what you mean by 'Macross Nikes' =P

If in the LA/OC/Rivseride area, call the stores to see if they got them in.

Ordered mine (along with the new Gino FCs), should get them sometime next week...

Good hunting y'all =)

Edited by MacPnoy74

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but there's a pair of Nike Dunk SBs that are coming out in a familiar color scheme (check out the tongue tag):

IMG_0444.jpg

Shimzu.jpg

They're not official Macross Dunks (like the Nike/Bandai Gundam Amuro Nike Shox VC2 and Char Air Max Uptempo), but they're definitely 'inspired' =)

I'll be in search for a pair when they come out...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE COULD I SCORE SOME OF THOSE???!!!!

Update:

Active Mailorder (www.activemailorder.com) got them in today( 10/21), it's NOT for sale on their website, phone orders only...$99.99 plus free shipping (+ tax in CA)...ask for the Shimizu Nike Dunk SBs, I don't know if they'll know what you mean by 'Macross Nikes' =P

If in the LA/OC/Rivseride area, call the stores to see if they got them in.

Ordered mine (along with the new Gino FCs), should get them sometime next week...

Good hunting y'all =)

you skate? you seem to know the names of the guys skating for nike.

i skate. :) not for nike. :(

I already have a pair on hold for me at fastlane. I'ma check the val surf's up in my area so we'll see what happens. Supposedly it's they'll have it today or on monday, so we'll see. :p:D:lol:

you skate?  you seem to know the names of the guys skating for nike.

i skate. :)  not for nike.  :(

Nah, I don't skate (I wish, but I can rollerblade =P)...I'm more of a shoe head (buying various Nikes, Jordans, etc.) that got caught up in Dunks and Nike's SB line...

But I met and hung out with a recently now-former pro skater through some friends of mine though (if that counts for anything =P)

Edited by MacPnoy74

Nah, I don't skate (I wish, but I can rollerblade =P)...I'm more of a shoe head (buying various Nikes, Jordans, etc.) that got caught up in Dunks and Nike's SB line...

But I met and hung out with a recently now-former pro skater through some friends of mine though (if that counts for anything =P)

fruit booter eh. <_<;) nah, i skate and not really a sneaker head, i just rock what i get for free and thats about it. i haven't bought a pair of sneakers in like 5 years.

i used to have the utlimate hook up with the skateboard team manager at nike. i only met him once, we chilled, had some drinks, smoking some, and he started sending me new kicks once a week. i started feeling guilty so i emailed the guy and he cut me off entirely. :blink: big mistake! :(

now i have to wait til my boys are in town to get me some nikes, its sucks but i really did feel bad getting all those nikes for nothing....i'm a softie sometimes. :)

i gotta call someone to hook me up with a pair thats for sure. $100 for sneakers...maybe a $100 for a new macross toy but not kicks. :p

fruit booter eh. <_<;) nah, i skate and not really a sneaker head, i just rock what i get for free and thats about it. i haven't bought a pair of sneakers in like 5 years.

i used to have the utlimate hook up with the skateboard team manager at nike. i only met him once, we chilled, had some drinks, smoking some, and he started sending me new kicks once a week. i started feeling guilty so i emailed the guy and he cut me off entirely. :blink: big mistake! :(

now i have to wait til my boys are in town to get me some nikes, its sucks but i really did feel bad getting all those nikes for nothing....i'm a softie sometimes. :)

i gotta call someone to hook me up with a pair thats for sure. $100 for sneakers...maybe a $100 for a new macross toy but not kicks. :p

but, but, but these are macross SB dunks!!!! :p:D:lol:

oooohh right!!! I picked up a pair today!  :p  :D  :lol:

nice! now all you gotta do is pick up 3 more pairs, take them to a kick customizing shop, and slap on the other valk colors for the entire skull squadron. :p

Edited by haterist

oooohh right!!! I picked up a pair today!  :p  :D  :lol:

nice! now all you gotta do is pick up 3 more pairs, take them to a kick customizing shop, and slap on the other valk colors for the entire skull squadron. :p

haha, that's exactly what I was thinking! A red, blue and green versions! :p:D:lol: