1/48 Valkyrie Booster

nucleartiger

Just wondering how many people would be interested in a 1/48 Valkyrie Booster that would work with their 1/48 Yammies. I have a friend that can sculpt some wicked stuff and after seeing the 1/72 booster in the model forums, I am really feenin for one more than ever. I asked him if he could make one for me and he said yes, but it could be a little bit of a money maker for him if anyone else is interested. Yes no maybeso. I am not sure how long it would take him to make the original to cast from, but he sells a lot of his stuff on http://www.xofacto.com and he turns out some good stuff in a short time period. This is one of his: http://www.xofacto.com/justin2/tombg.jpg

Anyhow, just want to guage interest. PEESH! ;)

I would like one (or a few) for my 1/48s BUT:

1) It has already been sculpted for 1/72

2) The same sculpter can size it up to 1/48

3) It will be huge

4) Can you GURANTEE it will be on par or better quality than the original (see #1)?

5) What is the cost?

6) What is the lead time?

7) When can it be delivered?

If you want really want take on a project for the toy folks, see this thread for tons of ideas.

I checked out your friend's site. Really nice stuff but no mech designs that I could see.

Good questions and points!

1) It has already been sculpted for 1/72

That doesn't do much for me though, I don't collect 1/72 scale valks.

2) The same sculpter can size it up to 1/48

I thought I read on the thread that they wouldn't do a 1/48.

3) It will be huge

And that's bad? :D

4) Can you GURANTEE it will be on par or better quality than the original (see #1)?

Not at this point, but I am sure he can do a good job. Wouldn't release it if it weren't. We'd have to see after a prototype had been made.

5) What is the cost?

6) What is the lead time?

7) When can it be delivered?

Not sure on those three yet.

Just a point, if this project were to go forward - I would HIGHLY recommend making the booster hollow - for two reasons:

First - weight savings. Lighter booster, less stress on the valk and on any stand you may try to display it on.

Second - cost savings. I would hazzard a guess that it would take half the amount of resin to cast a hollow booster, versus a solid booster. So, you can cast twice as many boosters for a given amount of resin if they were hollow versus solid, and it would in turn make the boosters slightly less expensive. Yes, the mold would cost a little more, and require a little more rubber, but that's a one time cost versus a cost you'd incure every time you cast these guys.

Just my two cents...

I would only get this at 1:72 scale. There's no use getting it for the 1:48 because there isn't a lot of detail and only looks good in one mode. There's a huge difference between this and say, a Thunder Hammer, a GBP, or the Stampede where it only works in one mode but is loaded with detail, moveable and removeable parts and doesn't take up as much space. (On that note, I wouldn't get a stampede anyway, cuz it's butt ugly.)