GITS 2 SAC DVD screwed up

bandit29

Seems so.  When I lived in Fort Mac, many of the chain stores were the same way.  Our Wal Mart wouldn't receive new releases for weeks after much larger cities like Edmonton or Calgary already stocked the product in their Wal Marts.  It sucked and I'm glad I don't live in Fort Mac anymore :)

Maybe Vol 2 hasn't been released domestically yet. I found THIS listing on Amazon.ca, and it cites an Oct 5 release date. I have no idea who this "C.B.S." is though. I'll have to recheck my copy of #1.

October 5th! That's blackmail! Damn them and their lousy distribution :(

Just got my Amazon order delivered today and yes, the SAC Vol 2 disc is one of the Mangled™ ones. But lo! I also recieved an email from Amazon that they have been informed of the problem and have the correct disc ready for replacement. A quick click on the provided link for 'returns' and after a couple of steps, I was provided a postage/shipping refund tag as well. But the best part is, after submitting my return claim online, the auto email reply confirms that for overseas orders, the replacement is FOC, no return required. Amazon may not be the cheapest, but their service sure is great! :)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Replacement 'Standard' DVD is still DTS encoded!

I got my free replacement from Amazon today, but once I plonked the disc into my Mac, the DVD player asked, "Continue from previous playback?" (as in the first mislabeled DTS disc)... and my heart sank. Going to the menu confirmed it: Destardly Tricky Sound.

I wonder how much money this double screw-up is costing Amazon and Bandai? Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

My regular edition was ok. It was missing the inserts though. No big deal since I never look at them. Good set of episodes here. I bought mine from bestprices.com but they pushed the ship date back more than a week after the mishap was found

Any bets that the third voulme will be screwed up? <_<

Edited by dejr8bud

I initiated a return on Amazon and they replied real quick - seems like I wasn't alone in this second episode of Quality Un-assurance. But since Amazon doesn't know when things will really, REALLY be fixed, they could only refund/credit back my original purchase and shipping. Not bad for service, but I'm still missing what I ordered... and Amazon is out 2 bum DVDs PLUS international shipping costs. Shame on you, Bandai!

So next, I went to Bandai-Ent.com and filed a complaint about the situation. Surprise... another fast, non-form letter reply! A real life person over there has promised me a direct replacement from Bandai "once stocks arrive". Oh well, I guess that's as good as it gets.

And about those DVD covers... WEAK graphic design. Who still uses such fuddy-duddy mid-80s' era 'digilog' style typefaces for a 'cyberspace-look' logotype? No excuse at all with all the rich material they have, AND the stylish precedent of the Jp releases. I'll wait for the set to be completed, then do up a custom set of covers to be output on a color laser. Even the UK R2 covers look better than the R1's!

Outside of Japan, it's really quite sad to say that the HK pirated editions have the best looking and well-produced covers - completed with hot foil-stamped holographic elements. Very tempting they are, except for the poor subtitling (for now...)

Here's an update about the the vol 1 DTS disc exchange

offer only good to US citizens

Resolution Added: 10-13-2004

Bandai now has an exchange program for this volume of Ghost in the Shell with the DTS audio issue. For information on how to get your disc exchanged, contact them at Support@Bandai-Ent.com. This is for US residents only. Replacements and refunds will NOT be sent to addresses outside of the United States.

For Canadian customers, it's been said that since Bandai does not distribute the title there they do not have the ability to handle returns from there since distribution is handled by Manga Entertainment via their Sony Music distribution agreements. Informal comments so far indicate that defective copies should be returned to the retailer

http://www.animeondvd.com/glitch/G.php

I can't believe that one of the biggest releases this year has been so farted up