Macross Zero Official Page updated!

Adventure

And I do. I hold Robotech to the same standards I hold Macross to. I am just as critical of (believed) errors in both shows, since I feel that they're capable of being so much more than what they are. Is that so wrong?

YES! It is wrong. You can speculate and rationalize anything you want, buddy boy, but you're wish for everything to make sense isn't going to magically re-animate a show or create vast official technical discussions out of thin-air. You can't change what has been done (no matter what you may think about prequels). If you really want things to make sense then create your own universe. You seem intelligent enough to do that.

Because where else can the mecha progress to?  Look at how insanely powered the Macross Plus (and by extension, the more advanced Macross 7) valks are.  What will the next generation be capable of?  Self-folding without a booster?  Carry 200 micro-missles?  Maybe it'll be mounted with a mini-Main Gun.  My problem is that there's little room for the mecha to grow without going totally into munchkinism, in my opinion.

No, they won't. Valkyries will still have a gun as a main weapon, and as powerful as it may be it won't ever be a sweep up weapon like seen in other anime. What does more missiles mean? The VF-1 usually carried more missiles than the YF-19. There are powerful beam weapons for VFs, but they are still a rarity.

In Kawamori anime the main mecha is not the most powerful of the anime. The anime will portray the fight as a fair challenge. Instead of boosting standard weapons Kawamori will invent different weapons for a different type of warfare.

Seeing from the point of view of technological evolution, you can compare WWII's planes and jet fighters of the 70ies, maybe even for the tanks it's the same thing. Hiroshima's A bomb was 20 kilotons worth, now you have 2 megaton bunker busters.

That was in response to another poster on RT.com, who was saying the Alpha's 60 missles was unfeasable, but the Q-Rau and YF-19 were perfectly alright.  The context is totally off when that response is viewed without the question.

The Queadlunn Rau is more than double as tall as the alpha, it has 4 times the volume, and it has a huge backpack.

I admit that I was wrong about multiple VF-0Ds, but the rest of my comment stands to reason, I think.  For a plane that wasn't supposed to be combat-ready and rushed to become so, there's a heck of a lot of support for them.  Armour packs, different gun pod, valk-mounted drones, etc.  And it still has the A, D, and S styles, which I find bizzare for a "rush job".  If the D-style was meant to be a testbed for a delta-wing style valk, I can go along with that, but I've not seen anything that states as such on any "official" source.

Well it's true, but it's an anime.

I would also say that VF-0D's wings carry more fuel than other VF-0s, but I don't think it was the reason behind its delta wings.

In this world techological progress and war are intertwined. Internet itself was invented as a mean to communicate despite a nuke. During WWII Nazis invented a lot of vehicles, like the first jet fighter. Someone also says Project Manhattan wouldn't be possible weren't for half a ton of U-234 found in a Nazi submarine, and this was just Nazis researching out of nothing.

In Macross' world the reverse engineering of the SDF-1 was a good starting point, and the war against anti-UN channeled a lot of money in R&D. There seems to be also a rivalry between Stonewell/Bellcom and Centinental. I would also say the Stonewell/Bellcom is a helluva big corporate defense contractor. In the Valkyrie Project was put every effort to beat competition.

FV

And I do.  I hold Robotech to the same standards I hold Macross to.  I am just as critical of (believed) errors in both shows, since I feel that they're capable of being so much more than what they are.  Is that so wrong?

YES! It is wrong. You can speculate and rationalize anything you want, buddy boy, but you're wish for everything to make sense isn't going to magically re-animate a show or create vast official technical discussions out of thin-air. You can't change what has been done (no matter what you may think about prequels). If you really want things to make sense then create your own universe. You seem intelligent enough to do that.

LOL,

Good to see ya around! You have been MIA for like 2 years.