Cerberus Dirge

wolfx

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5499

A new game featuring Vincent from Final Fantasy VII is currently under development at Square-Enix. According to Weekly Jump Magazine, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII will take place roughly one year after Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and is set to be released sometime next year.

A part of the FFVII compilation project, Dirge of Cerberus will be the third expansion to the FFVII world, after the Advent Children sequel and Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII, an online prequel game for mobile phones.

Isn't dirge a river or something? :lol:

¬_¬ starting to loose a lil respect for the Final Fantasy name, they're really starting to market that and NOW producing sequals to stories you would have never thought would even have sequals...:( I am starting to wish they'd leave espically final fantasy 7 alone.....

seeing as how people have been asking for a sequel to this particular installment alone it should be good, i hope so anyway, as long as they can keep the feel of the original, although it is going to be a more updated look, like the movie

Interesting. Granted most FF games don't even need sequels but FF7 is different. Its ending really causes more questions then it solves and is kinda disappointing when you compare it with the rest of the game and the endings for all the other Final Fantasy games. Though this isn't the only FF game to act like this. Seems like FF7 onwards, the games have trouble with their endings in some part or another. FF7 being the worse though since it doesn't explain what happen and it seems to go against its own story elements. So really if there was ever a FF game that needed a sequel just to finish explaining things then its FF7.

Most of the older FF fans (like myself) who thought VII was total bunk probably won't be surprised by this. But then, Final Fantasy PERIOD has not felt the same for me since #6. It just goes to show that 3D isn't always better.

Effect, FFVII's problem stems from a poorly scripted ending, hence the other questions. Some have tried to say that those questions are "supposed" to go unanswered, while others have demanded closure since the day it was released. I was rather pissed that I spent 80+ hours of my life doing everything the game had to offer only to get a really shitty ending.

Oh well, maybe SOMEONE will enjoy this... I, for one, would rather they get on with a whole new project or stop making Final Fantasy all together before they lose even the FFVII-on fans

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Before anyone would like to jump on me for my poor opinion of FFVII, remember that... its just my opinion. As much as I would love to be a trendsetter in todays world (and if I did, no one would like FFVII at all) I am not. It's just my opinion and Skull Leader is simply blowing his own horn here. Feel free to counter what I've said, but keep me out of it.

Edited by Skull Leader

i understand you feelings, but for a lot of people FF VII was their introduction to the FF world, like myself, for the longest time i couldn't ever get into rpgs, i thought they were pointless, then i play super mario rpg ( still one of the greatest, i don't care what anyone says), and then i played chrono trigger another great. but it wasn't until i finally played FFVII that sealed the deal, now i just recently purchased the remade versions of IV, V, and VI and i really want to play VI since i have been hearing about it since i was like 9, but i do want to see a sequel to this one, more so than FFX-2 anyway, i really don't care waht happened to tidus, but i do care about cloud, he was the coolest. oh xenogears, another classic, pick it up

i understand you feelings, but for a lot of people FF VII was their introduction to the FF world, like myself, for the longest time i couldn't ever get into rpgs, i thought they were pointless, then i play super mario rpg ( still one of the greatest, i don't care what anyone says), and then i played chrono trigger another great. but it wasn't until i finally played FFVII that sealed the deal, now i just recently purchased the remade versions of IV, V, and VI and i really want to play VI since i have been hearing about it since i was like 9, but i do want to see a sequel to this one, more so than FFX-2 anyway, i really don't care waht happened to tidus, but i do care about cloud, he was the coolest. oh xenogears, another classic, pick it up

Cloud, the COOLEST?!?! :blink: That's the problem, when I hear some people talk about Cloud, I don't think we were playing the same game. He was a total dork, he even got car-sick. Yet he got over that crap and cut Sephiroth like he needed to. Good for him. That made him different in a nice way. But now people think he's the man or something? Hell, Vash off Trigun was cooler than Cloud. :rolleyes:

okay yeah when he was younger in the flash backs he was a punk, and he was kind of a punk in the part where he had to find himself, but for most of the game he held his own, and even when he was a nobody he still ran up to sephiroth and fought, knowing sephiroth was a much more skilled fighter, yes i played the game, i know what i am talking about.

and i hope that didn't come bad or seems like i am offended cuz i am not, :D

and brandon heat aka beyond the grave from gungrave is cooler than both, and don't make me bring guts from berserk in here

Edited by kanedaestes

It really irks me when people stand up to claim that endings that make you think, and piece together clues gathered over an entire story, as opposed to endings that you can guess 15 minutes into the story, or endings where they take you by the hand and walk you through every little detail, are somehow bad endings.

FF7 is no different from any Final Fantasy up to 9 (I haven't played past that yet) in that it has no need, nor any room, for a sequel.

FF7 is also no different in that despite this fact, people have been clamouring for sequels to many of Square's games. People were speculating about a Final Fantasy 6 sequel for years.

You want to know why there's been a sudden deluge of FF sequels? Well, they started after it became apparent that Sakaguchi, the creatorof the FF series and one of Square's top people, was leaving Square. Wacky, huh? So the guy that writes the stories and makes the games leaves, then immeadiately the company starts milking sequels to finished stories. Sounds about right.

It really irks me when people stand up to claim that endings that make you think, and piece together clues gathered over an entire story, as opposed to endings that you can guess 15 minutes into the story, or endings where they take you by the hand and walk you through every little detail, are somehow bad endings.

Agree 100 percent.

*reads the article* why oh WHY do I get the feeling they're gonna do one game centered around each character? They talk about this FFVII compilation project, I have to wonder how else they can screw something up so bad... but it looks like the sky is the limit....