Gakken Cyclone Decal Thread

Anubis

I've talked to Anasazi37, and in a great display of generosity, he has agreed to be willing to make sets of Cyclone Decals. I would love to obtain a set of these so I can clean up the large cyclone I just bought last week (I bought it for display, not storage), and I'm sure others would be interested. He has limited time that he could spend on this project for the next few months with all his other committments, but he's said he's willing to help.

Unfortunately, he currently does not have a source sheet to make the new decals off of. He has one possible source he has talked to, but if anyone else has a minty set of decals they would be willing to scan it would be appreciated to help get the ball rolling.

Anasazi has also said the price would of course depend on how many people would be interested.

So here's your chance, please reply if you'd be interested. I'll add you to the list here. Thanks again to Anasazi for being willing to take this project. :)

Interested members:

Anubis - 1

Global- 1

Hiriyu - 1

lt.actionjackson - 1

Damaramu - 2

Jawjaw - 1

pfunk - 1

Vermillion One -a couple

Nitrous - 2

post-26-1093583037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

I added a pic of mine to the top.

I have a mint sheet from the henshin robo release. I don't know if there is a difference between the various releases.

Depending on the cost, I wouldn't mind a sheet as well.

As far as I know the large gakken cyclones all had the same stickers, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have a Henshin Robo version sheet you can scan high res that would rock.

The number of people that sign up for a set directly impacts the final price, so the more the merrier.

Edited by Anubis

I'm still waiting for my Henshin Robo ride armor to arrive (bought the day after Anubis'), but I'd tentatively like to commit to the repro decals. Not sure about the condition of the original stickers/sheet yet, but fresh spares can't be bad in any case.

*edit - If my stickers are OK, I'd be more than happy to scan them at high res *

Edited by Hiriyu

HI! Could you give us some pics of the toy in transforming stages? I was curious if you needed to disconnect some parts..

Here's the Rider + Bike mode.

The forearm pieces and the rear wheel covers come off, that's about it for the transformation.

post-26-1093586738_thumb.jpg

OK, so far up to 6 interested parties. Not a bad start. Keep chiming in!

Here's a low-res scan of my sticker sheet.

Call me crazy, but it looks like one or two are missing from that one. Is there more to that sheet. There's no S. BERNARD, or the yellow shoulder sticker.

it looks like one or two are missing from that

I was having the same thought. Where are the "MB" stickers and the "S.Bernard" decal that goes along the center of the bike? Mine was a hand me down given to me by a friend but I'm pretty sure there's a few more stickers that aren't shown by that scan. :unsure:

it looks like one or two are missing from that

I was having the same thought. Where are the "MB" stickers and the "S.Bernard" decal that goes along the center of the bike? Mine was a hand me down given to me by a friend but I'm pretty sure there's a few more stickers that aren't shown by that scan. :unsure:

Actually, looking at some minty ones online, it looks like those stickers come on the toy to begin with out of the box. So it seems that is actually all the stickers.

Good deal, simpler to make at least. Would be nice to replace the S Bernard, but the other stickers are the more chowed ones on mine anyway.

Anyone else interested in some Cyclone touch-up?

I've finally received my "new" Ride Armor and it's in great condition (actually just like new), but the stickers have all been used and are on the tired side. So, I will definitely need the repros if made available, and will not be able to help supply an unused original sheet.

Looks like the ball is in Global's court ;)

just wondering, can anasazi do the alpha stickers too? Tom's not making them anymore. I'm pretty sure other people here would be interested too.

Feel free to ask him, couldn't hurt. Make sure a source is still available though, he may not have one anymore.

Call me crazy, but it looks like one or two are missing from that one. Is there more to that sheet. There's no S. BERNARD, or the yellow shoulder sticker.

Well my stickers came from the Henshin Robo release. Maybe the Japanese release has more stickers.

But the S. Bernard and a few other stickers are already on the toy. As far as I know, mine was new and it came that way from the factory.

I also have a Legioss sticker sheet from the Henshin Robo release as well.

post-26-1094697747_thumb.jpg

Well my stickers came from the Henshin Robo release. Maybe the Japanese release has more stickers.

But the S. Bernard and a few other stickers are already on the toy. As far as I know, mine was new and it came that way from the factory.

I also have a Legioss sticker sheet from the Henshin Robo release as well.

Yeah, I thought so. Cool, the ones form the sticker sheet are the ones that are peeling most anyway (at least on mine), and a simpler sheet means Anasazi should have an easier time making them.

Though it would be cool to get done if possible, I don't know how the other stickers that came on the toy could be done.

Edited by Anubis

• 1 month later...

Hey, about time to update this thread, the post in the wanted forum reminded me all about this.

How many are still interested in the Cyclone Decals?

Also, those that said they had it earlier and could scan it, are you able to make a high res .tiff of it?

I'll PM Anasazi and see when he might be able to try this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I sold mine (to haterist actually) so I'm out too. You guys can go ahead, take over and coax the decals out of Anasazi though. B))