a weird star trek flash game

Use the arrow keys to move your ship. When you're at maximum impulse (Speed: 4), you can engage warp drive and move faster.

Dock at Deep Space Nine to fix your ship, recharge your shields, and refill your torpedoes. Dock at the shipyard to buy better ships with your prestige.

Navigate towards the red dots to attack them. You can't fire without a target, i. e. an enemy. Your ship is always the center of the scanners. Use the (+) and (-) keys to zoom in and out.

When warping, use the map to move to another system.

Edited by Stamen0083

Sort of disappointed there isn't more keyboard controls. It's a little difficult to come out of warp, get your shields up, and fire a first volley torpedo with a laptop touchpad. :)

I'm just glad it saves your prestige...I'd barely be able to afford repairs (much less look forward to eventually getting the Sovereign class) if everytime you died you had to start from zero. Have learned to do hit and runs with the Runabout though, so it's getting easier.

So how do you actually FIND the planets? It is easy enough to warp to the system, but then finding the planet is time consuming. Any thoughts?

Rob MN

Its not worth your time... The game bites.

Its not worth your time... The game bites.

Hah. Says you. I gathered 91000 prestige points, and am flying around in an Intrepid class. A few steps more and I'll be sitting pretty in a nice Akira class.

To warp to other sector, you have to be going in warp speed. You can only warp one node at a time. You have to jump from sector to sector if you want to go some place far away.

To find the planets, I find it best to set the scanner to maximum range (use the (-) button). The planets are represented on the screen as black dots surrounded by a blue circle. You'll have to fly over the planet themselves, or close enough, so that the name of the planet appears on the screen. On the map screen, you can view the planet names within each system.

The best way to gain prestige points quickly is to liberate a sector. In the map screen, there are numbers, indicating how much more killing you have to do to liberate that sector. Each liberation nets you roughly 5000 prestige points. The higher the point count, the more powerful ship you can expect to face. If you have a dinky little Danube, don't wander into systems that are over 4000 liberation points and expect to be able to kill much.

how do you upgrade ships?

In the Bajora sector, up and to the left of Deep Space Nine is a shipyard. Dock there. The window will open up and you can switch to another ship.

The best part is that after buying a ship, you still have your prestige points, so you don't have to start from zero after upgrading.

Not only that but you can buy back a ship whenever you want

(the Defiant is a very good starship killer)

Prestige points aren't actually money. I think a good way to think of it is as moving up in ranks. You can go back to an old vessel as you wish.

The Intrepid class sure sucks at offensive, but its hull and shields are pretty damn powerful. I love the Steamrunner's multiple photon torpedo launches, but I miss the Defiant's phasers more.

At least the Intrepid's phasers aren't too bad. I wonder what the Akira will be like.

A short time playing this game and I wanted to break out my Starfleet Command CDs. If you like this little Flash game, you'd probably like the SFC series. Though I'm kinda put off by the use of NextGen ship designs in the third game. I much prefere the movie era ship designs.

I take it you haven't heard of the Generations at War mod. Brings 3 levels of Trek to SFC 3. Its not perfect, but it works pretty well. Level 1 is classic TV Trek, 2 is Movie Trek, and 3 is Next Generation/DS9/ect.

Pretty fun online too. I tend to play Dominion (Replaces Borg) so I can use ISC and Lyran ships. Too bad their racial weapons don't really exist in the mod though.

Well, I managed to liberate all the systems.. got a nice Enterprise and unlimited prestige for it to go kill many many Dominions.

The Steam-whatever is actually pretty good to assault systems with, but the best of the lot (that you are likely to reach) is the Akira class.. good speed, good torp reload time, good shields. Anything above that is fairly pointless.

Well, I managed to liberate all the systems.. got a nice Enterprise and unlimited prestige for it to go kill many many Dominions.

The Steam-whatever is actually pretty good to assault systems with, but the best of the lot (that you are likely to reach) is the Akira class.. good speed, good torp reload time, good shields. Anything above that is fairly pointless.

I just got the Akira-Class.......I'm loving the phaser range (of the Intrepid) + torpedo quantity (of the Streamrunner) + speed (of the Defiant).

How's the Prometheus Class? Does it have the MVAM (Multi Vector Assault Mode)? :blink:

BTW. Do you get anything special for liberating all the systems? I only have 13 under Federation control.

Put it this way.. I got enough to go for the Prometheus class, so I upgraded. After the first scrap with a Dominion cap ship, I downgraded to a Steamrunner. <_<

AFAIK, only the Enterprise has the MVAM.. The Prometheus simply didn't have the rate of fire, speed or staying power of any of its predecessor (something like 750 shield with 500 hull? along those areas.)

You get unlimited prestige and an automatic upgrade to a Enterprise once you liberate all the systems, plus you get one system with unlimited enemies to kill.

I think the game has a bug when you stay in any one system for too long; you won't be able to target some enemies once this happens. MVAM seems to trigger this rather frequently.

EDIT: spelling and added bug report.

Edited by Lynx7725

Starfleet Command?

Actually, I like Armada 2 myself. Nothing like commanding a fleet of Intrepids.

Starfleet Command is more of a strategy/simulation game, where as the Armada series is straight RTS action. Basically, they took all the rules for the old Starfleet Battles game, and turned them into a videogame. You command up to three ships (though I usually stick with one, as I'm not a fan of the game's AI). The setting is an alternate version of the Star Trek reality where the Organian peace (a horrible plot contrivance from the original tv series that Paramount retconned out of Trek history along with everything else that took place before the movies) never lasted. The Organians dissapeared and it was back to business as usual. The movie era style ship designs that never actually appeared elsewhere are spectacular. It requires more thought to win battles, and more patience, than a typical RTS game. Though it can be set to realtime, realtime for the game is very, very slow. Cranking the time to the fastest setting gets you about RTS speed, but no time to make the important decisions you have to make, as you're not just picking a ship and clicking on an enemy for it to fight. You can pick any individual weapon to use, or use them all, and even set special settings like overloaded torpedos.

I'm going to check out that Generations at War mod, that's the only way I'd want to play, as I can't stand the NextGen ship designs.