Macross for the first time!

Culverin

i've been through the first 3 dvd's (rented from blockbuster)

yay! they now carry macross B))

so i have a couple questions...

i think hikaru in the "minmay" episode (#4 i think?)

saysthat they shouldn't have a problem finding other people as the ship is just under 1 kilometer long? that's it? it seems kinda small for something that can fit a city in it's hull...

from the look of it, it's easily over 3 km long...

especially if it can house 50,000 refugees.

next question:

the zentraedi are looking for "lost technology"?

i think they mentioned in episode 11 or 12 that the Macross has "nuclear reactive weapons"

what are these?

from the looks of it, milia's battlearmor has some fairly reactive missile and that's all that i noticed that the macross units have. (missiles on the valks)

why do the zentraedi seem so wowed or freaked out about it?

thanks for being patient to a newb...

oh and congrats to me... i'm on my way to becoming a full fledged macross guy...

one last thing. it's very very, very good story, very original

hope the last 2/3s of the series is as good as the first third.

Reaction weapons = Nukes. The Zentradi's ability to obtain them is long since lost, and they know the best weapons are the ones that do the most damage.

And while the ship is big, you also have to account for its layered city sections.

actually if i remember correctly the zentradi were sent to find Zor's battle ship SDF1 or the macross depedning on what version you see Japanese or American.

also it wasn't reactive weapons they were worried about ...Exadore( again depending on which version you are watching) tells breeti that " the micronians have reflex weaponry"... which if i remeber from the american version was the source of robotechnology

also they want the ship back because ( not known to the humans) somewhere in the bowels of the ship is the Protoculture matrix.

now according to the american version this matrix tranfers the Invid flower of life ( source of prodocultre ) into some kind of energy responsible for there genetic manipulation as well as powering there mecha.

also the Zentradi were sent by the robotech masters to recover the ship.

but again American version.

I actually have a very old very valuable comic book that gives the complete chronology of the american version that spands all three generaions until the finale.

hope that helped

and welcome :D

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

That's all robocrap stuff....

If am correct in the series Macross is a Supervision Army gunship leave on the earth during a retreat as a trap for the Zentradi Army, when the Zentradi come to the earth they see lost technology and micronians so they think the earthilngs are the protoculture of their legends, so, some of them want to capture Macross others want to destroy it and the earth cause they fear the culture.

I swear is right.

actually if i remember correctly the zentradi were sent to find Zor's battle ship SDF1 or the macross depedning on what version you see Japanese or American.

Zor? Who is this Zor person of whom you speak, is he French? :p

But seriously, this is a forum for discussing Macross anime not Robotech, so please leave out the Robotech references, especially as the ones you mentioned have absolutely no relation to the story of Macross.

Graham

thanks for being patient to a newb...

oh and congrats to me... i'm on my way to becoming a full fledged macross guy...

one last thing.  it's very very, very good story, very original

hope the last 2/3s of the series is as good as the first third.

Recomend you read through the official Chronology at the Macross Compendium.

Graham

Zor? Who is this Zor person of whom you speak, is he French?  :p

But seriously, this is a forum for discussing Macross anime not Robotech, so please leave out the Robotech references, especially as the ones you mentioned have absolutely no relation to the story of Macross.

Graham

Yès, yès! Zor stole de protocultúre et went too de Odeur Anime et Science Fictiôn! Oui!

Sorry, The French One, couldn't resist. :p

also it wasn't reactive weapons they were worried about ...Exadore( again depending on which version you are watching) tells breeti that " the micronians have reflex weaponry"... which if i remeber from the american version was the source of robotechnology

also they want the ship back because ( not known to the humans) somewhere in the bowels of the ship is the Protoculture matrix.

now according to the american version this matrix tranfers the Invid flower of life ( source of prodocultre ) into some kind of energy responsible for there genetic manipulation as well as powering there mecha.

also the Zentradi were sent by the robotech masters to recover the ship.

but again American version.

I actually have a very old very valuable comic book that gives the complete chronology of the american version that spands all three generaions until the finale.

hope that helped

and welcome :D

I think you'll confuse the poor guy even more with all that Protoculture Matrix stuff.

yeah i quess i did kinda make things confusing...

never the less that is the correct chronology... <_<

so please forgive me guys...but my first intro to macross was Robotech...i'm not sure if that is good or bad..?

and yes i would consult the links given for specifics on macross only.

and Graham!!! have a cow man!!!! sorry, but like it or not people did grow up on Robotech. :D

so please forgive me guys...but my first intro to macross was Robotech...i'm not sure if that is good or bad..?

and Graham!!! have a cow man!!!! sorry, but like it or not people did grow up on Robotech. :D

First intro to Macross was Robotech=Bad!

This will really screw you up for years. You need to see SDF Macross not I repeat not Robotech the Macross Saga.

First intro to Macross was Robotech=Bad!

This will really screw you up for years. You need to see SDF Macross not I repeat not Robotech the Macross Saga.

Yeah, seeing Robotech before Macross is pretty much all bad, but for most of us it's what happened anyway.

Reaction weapons = Nukes. The Zentradi's ability to obtain them is long since lost, and they know the best weapons are the ones that do the most damage.

It seems odd that the Zentradi want nukes since they already possess the more destructive mega particle beam cannons. Also, in one episode didn't earth forces try to hit Kamjins command ship with nukes which proved to be utterly ineffective? The only reason that the I see that the Zentradi would want nukes is to mount on smaller craft.

And like it or not this is Macrossworld a website devoted to the Japanese anime Macross and it's sequels and merchandise. Posting Robotech specific information such as a Robotech chronology in response to a question about Macross is generally frowned upon here.

Smart Alec replies to the Admin tend to be frowned upon even more.

Whether the majority of members grew up watching Robotech first is irrelevant. As I said this is Macrossworld, not 'Robotechworld' or not even 'Macross & Robotechworld'! If anybody here wants to have an indepth discussion about Robotech, I'd suggest the forums at robotech.com.

As a general reminder for those of you who have not read it yet, please read the Macrossworld rules & regulations, specifically section IV which concerns Robotech.

Graham