Studio Halfeye YF-19 Re-cast Questions

mooseydoom

I recently got my hands on a Studio Halfeye YF-19 model kit. I was wondering how you can tell if it is an original or a recast? Does anyone have pictures of the original packaging or uncut parts on their sprue? It seems to be an original box, but I'd like to be sure.

Also, does anyone know if any re-casts of the SHE YF-19 were ever done? Thanks in advance. :p

There were 3 releases of this kit by Studio Halfeye that I'm aware of:

1st release was done with yellowish colored resin. Sprues which held the pieces were angular in shape. Canopy was made of clear resin. This release looks the most like a recast.

2nd release was done in white resin. Sprues were circular in shape. Canopy included with kit was made of clear resin.

3rd release was done as a Studio HalfEye Thanks Campaign re-release. This kit was also done in white resin w/ circular sprues, but the canopy was vacu-formed, not resin cast.

Like Graham said, these kits have never been recast.

Oops, forgot to add that I have only seen the FAST Pack kit cast in the same yellowish resin as the first release with the same angular shaped spues.

Edited by rkiyo

Noel,

Do you have that second YF-19 kit you show above? Looks like I'm missing that box variant. I'm not sure I ever knew the YF-19 was released with that box art. If you have that kit PM me and let me know how much you want for it. If not can you tell me where you got that picture? By the way do you have the YF-21 with the black and white box art that says 1/100 scale? Mine says 1/75 scale.

Thanks,

Carl

SHE.JPG

Isn't that 2nd picture, a picture of the instructions?

I have the YF-21 with 1/100 on it, unassembled.

Looking at it again I think you are correct. However your comment above

There are at least two different boxes for the SHE YF-19 and YF-21. One as pictured on the site, and one is a white box with minimal graphics.
started me thinking. Is there a second SHE YF-19 box out there?

As for your YF-21 that states 1/100 on it, is it for sale? Feel free to PM me but its identical to mine that states 1/75. The only difference being those 3/2 characters on the box. Ideally I could find someone with your box that plans to build it and would be willing to part with the box but if your price isn't too bad for the whole kit I'd certianly consider it.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

If you haven't seen a second YF-19 box, then there probably isn't. I thought I had seen one somewhere, but I may have seen two of the black/white YF-21 boxes and assumed it was the YF-19.

I can take a pic of my YF-21, it may take a few days though. I have to think about what I want to do with it.

on a separate note Carl, :)

what is the difference between the 2 VF-19 Kai you have there?

:)

Noel

The below is copied from the Macross Compendium:

1/100 VF-19 Custom Fire Valkyrie Perfect Variable

Garage kit

Designer: Hajime Takashima

Full-action transformable, poseable

Resin-cast

Limited-edition red casting, Basara figure (Wonder Festival release only), openable shoulder speaker system (regular release only)

Requires polycap joints (sold separately)

Studio HalfEye

1999 February 7 (Wonder Festival release)

1999 November (regular release)

Y21000 (Wonder Festival release)

Y22050 (Wonder Festival release, tax included)

Y25,200 (regular release, tax included)

In the picture above the one on the left is the Limited-edition red casting with Basara figure. The one in the center is the regular release with openable shoulder speaker system. The only difference between the boxes themselves is the sticker on the left side. If you'd like I can get you better pictures of the stickers.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

on a separate note Carl, :)

what is the difference between the 2 VF-19 Kai you have there?

:)

Noel

I hope that Carl doesn't mind me answering for him. :p

The VF-19 Kai on the left is the event only release version. It is cast in red and includes a mini Basara figure.

The VF-19 on the right is the regular release version. It is cast in white resin, does not include the Basara figure, but has openable shoulder speaker pods (the event only release does not have this feature).

Hi Carl,

the 2nd pic is that of the instructions booklet, it is not a variant box

Hello Noel,

I see that. Pat S's comment had me looking for a second box variant and as soon as I saw that second picture that was what I thought I saw. Needless to say I should have been able to tell that it's sitting in the bottom of the box and is much too small to be the lid.

now, as for the YF-21 I need to get back to you I am not in my shop now, but I do have one white box YF-21 I will check tomorrow, if it says 1/100 scale, which from my vague re-collection, I think it does

Thanks. Let me know when you find out.

as for another variant box YF-19. the fact that the white box YF-21 is such because it was sold at Wonder Festival, hence, it only had that white and black box art, and if I am not mistaken there should also be a white box YF-19 sold as a Wonder Festival kit, I have no concrete confirmation of this as of now, but thats what I re-call it to be.

Well checking the Macross Compendium I don't see mention of an event release of the YF-19 though just to be safe I checked the YF-21 too and it didn't mention an event release of that kit either so that doesn't help all that much. I just don't think I've ever seen a white box YF-19, though that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Noel & Carl - thanks for the great pictures. I want that collection!! =P One last question: Does anyone have a measurement of how tall the battroid yf-19 is? I want to know if the Studio Halfeye will match my other 1/100 Bandai VF-19s.

Well technically I don't think the SHE kits should be called 1/100. Everyone does, but its not to be found anywhere on the box or directions. SHE's first macross kit the VF-21 originally came out stating 1/75 on the plane black and white box. Then the same kit came out stating 1/100 with the same box art. When he switched to the much more colorful box art all scale info was dropped. To be honest I think the 1/75 is closer to the truth but I don't think all the SHE kits are even to scale with each other. I prefer to call them non-scale. To directly answer your question my YF-19 isn't built and I'm not sure I've seen measurements of a completed one. My guess is that it would be bigger. You may want to try and ask Graham. He supplied these pictures:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_..._vs_yamato2.htm

Carl

probably the main reason is time. The SHE kits (as well as most of the variable ones) often seem to have 100 parts or more...which is quite an endevour to mold, and alot of work to cast any number of kits. Once all the costs were figured in it would be hard to make them reasonably priced and harder still to do them. Plus, they tend to still be available if you look.