Damn the Church

I was so upset when i saw this. How dare they tempt me with images of Transformers. All i saw was "Ohh Convoy!!!!" then I read further and it was some obscure reference to transformation via being a sock puppet of the church. Oh this was on campus at UCLA.

argghhh shady church trying to tap into my nostalgia for G1 Transformers to lure me into their clutches haha :lol::D:p:angry::ph34r:

post-26-1092181549_thumb.jpg

Are they like saying, "Transform your religion from a mere shell to something gigantic and destructful!"? Or.....come to church and enjoy our raffle of a busted up missing pistons G1 Optimus Prime? :unsure:

Are they like saying, "Transform your religion from a mere shell to something gigantic and destructful!"? Or.....come to church and enjoy our raffle of a busted up missing pistons G1 Optimus Prime? :unsure:

Maybe they are saying "all of you are stupid trucks. Come to us and transform in to cool yet mindless robots? " haha :lol:

Maybe they are saying "all of you are stupid trucks. Come to us and transform in to cool yet mindless robots? " haha :lol:

I would play into their hands if it were a Valk.

This topic is 100% mod-fodder. That being said,send a copy of this to Hasbro so they can sue these bible thumpers into oblivion. <_<

All i saw was "Ohh Convoy!!!!" then I read further and it was some obscure reference to transformation via being a sock puppet of the church.

*Sigh.*

"Transformation" in Christian lingo... refers to a particular change in heart and character, something that's gets worked out between that individual and God, the Holy Spirit, the Son, and so forth, if you believe in that type of thing.

It has about um... zero to do with being some puppet for the earthly and often fallible human institution, and according to certain perspectives, it is often those really "transformed" that ruffle things up for a given church or religious establishment.

The ad was merely attempting to be clever and hip, using language that holds a certain and particular meaning to particular Christians.

I know religious cynicism's all fun and comfortable, but at the very least understand the references and meanings before maligning and twisting them into something more easily mocked.

Maybe they are saying "all of you are stupid trucks. Come to us and transform in to cool yet mindless robots?

It takes a capable mind to approach all ideas with respect, and it takes a capable one to evaluate all beliefs in fairness. Pointing, laughing, and making cynical assumptions don't require such sharp faculties, however. :)

-Al

EDIT: Added original quote replied to.

Edited by Sundown