OK - Champagne Box Set Owners....

Mechamaniac

Garoquel is willing to make us some custom covers for the 9 disc Animeigo set to replace the bland ones Animeigo commissioned, and released, and that most of us love so much. :lol:

Anyway, if you are TRULY interested (unlike the ones who said they wanted a Champagne box, and then never committed) respond here...

Garoquel estimates the cost will be about $15 dollars if you want a set.

So, if you're interested, respond here...

Thanks!

Are these already in the works or something that will be designed as we go along?( i.e. the Champagne thread)

Garoquel has artwork already that he can use, so it should be alot less drawn out than the Champagne boxes were.

He will be posting us a teaser pic soon.

I'm interested. I believe Mechamaniac and I both had the same idea and had approached Garoquel about it. Anyway, I'm curious to see what G's cooked up for us. Count me in. B))

Dude!! I am all about this!! The perfect compliment to Paul's box set!

edit: what kind of paper stock will these be printed on?

More than likely, you will be downloading the images from Garoquel's secure server once they are completed. You can then print them on any paper you want.

It will probably work very similarly to DVDCoverart.com.

I'm in!

I'll get some clear cases and use the Animeigo ones on the inside, with Garoquel's outside.

Dude!!  I am all about this!!  The perfect compliment to Paul's box set!

edit: what kind of paper stock will these be printed on?

More than likely, you will be downloading the images from Garoquel's secure server once they are completed. You can then print them on any paper you want.

Will there at least be an option where we can pay a little bit extra to have them printed by Garoquel on DVD quality paper? Not all of us have high or even medium quality color printers. I know if I printed them off my printer, they'd look heavily dithered.

yeah,i'm w/ neil.if i can pay a little extra to get a set sent to me on nice stock,then i definately want a set.my printer sucks too,so it'd do me no good to download a set.any chance of this?

i'm confused.

Who is Garoquel?

Garoquel is the artist (and MW Member) that was commissioned by Animeigo to make the current DVD covers on the Animeigo set. He actually made at least two variations, of which one was spectacular, there was a pic of it floating around here somewhere...

However, Animeigo decided to go with the black lineart with contrasting rainbow colors variants. Much too bland in the opinions of many of us.

Its $15 for just the art not an actual hardcopy?

I have only briefly discussed it with him, and found out that he was A. Able to do it legally, and B. Willing to do it for us.

I assume that it would more than likely be a case of us being able to download the high res images from a web site, and then printing them ourselves. I'm not sure if he has the ability to print them, or if he would if someone did not have a printer of good quality.

what do the covers look like?

Not sure yet, he said he has an example that he will post for us to check out.

Hope this helps!

i'm confused.

Who is Garoquel?

Garoquel is the artist (and MW Member) that was commissioned by Animeigo to make the current DVD covers on the Animeigo set. He actually made at least two variations, of which one was spectacular, there was a pic of it floating around here somewhere...

However, Animeigo decided to go with the black lineart with contrasting rainbow colors variants. Much too bland in the opinions of many of us.

Its $15 for just the art not an actual hardcopy?

I have only briefly discussed it with him, and found out that he was A. Able to do it legally, and B. Willing to do it for us.

I assume that it would more than likely be a case of us being able to download the high res images from a web site, and then printing them ourselves. I'm not sure if he has the ability to print them, or if he would if someone did not have a printer of good quality.

what do the covers look like?

Not sure yet, he said he has an example that he will post for us to check out.

Hope this helps!

well it sounds interesting but i have to say $15 for jpgs (etc) is a bit meh. since i dont own a printer i have no way of producing the covers :(

hey andy,that's great that you can help me & neil out in that department.i have another question though,how big is the file on that download? i only have a basic hotmail account,so i can't recieve anything larger than 1mb as an attachment.if this is a large download,i may ask you to accept mine for me(especially since you have a cable connection too) when it's time to order mine.can you just put in the order for mine & neil's at the same time as you order yours? is that doable? :unsure:

I have access to a full blown print shop. If the quantities can support it, I can have it printed professionally for cheap. Unfortunately, I'm located in HK so it may be a bear for some folks.

Its an option for you guys and I can help. I have Paul's beautiful boxes and would love to have matching DVD covers.

Neova, that's an awesome offer! You can count me in!

Oh yeah, when I read this thread, I automatically assumed that these were going to be the same covers that Garoquel showed us a few years ago. I know the man is capable of amazing stuff, I want to see what it looks like before plunking down some cash :)