Star Wars Revelations (Update)

Well, this is to all of you out there who are fans of Star Wars. While I brought up this travesty of a film once before when the trailer first appeared, I felt I need to update this thread and let you know that you can download the full 45 minute movie from Panic Struck Productions web site in a multitude of different formats by clicking here: http://panicstruckpro.com/revelations/revelations_movie.html. After having watched the movie, I feel I need to say that while the acting was dreadful and that most of the female cast looked like aliens themselves, the story itself was not bad, and I actually liked it. If you are interested in watching the movie, download it and post your reactions here. Please let's not let this turn into a "I hate all things Star Wars" thread. Just give your thoughts on the film. And as a bonus, here's the poster. I think it kind of looks gay...

REVELATIONS_OFFICIAL_POSTER.jpg

Guest Bromgrev

Heh, if that was a Blakes 7 film, I'd watch it! But I would expect more professional production from the Star Wars franchise. Hear me, Lucas? -_-

Edited by Bromgrev

While I admire their addiction to SW I have to ask the question... did like a billion Macdonalds open in the galaxy far far away or is it just me? All the actors where quite beefy in the trailer.

Plus while their visuals looked good for a fan film their audio editing was atttrocious. Either they all really sound like that or they mixed the cut on a fisher price happy sound box.

trailer didn't look too good. even from those little clips it seemed like alot of hackting (hack + acting). those girls didn't even look like they were trying with that light saber fight.

I had seen this on torrent sites for a while now and I never had clue as to what the hell it was until now. I didn't recall any comics by the name, any cartoons or games, certainly no movies rom Lucas (ala the main Star Wars film sor the Ewoks films (which were pretty good I feel)). Now I know. Kinda afraid to download it though.

What part of the Star Wars timeline does it take place in? Movie eras, the novel eras (post-ROTJ, Clone War era) or comic era(Movie(during or post) or pre like the Sith era)?

Writing and acting stank, however the special effects, costming and production values were great. If they could have made it a silent movie... :lol:

trailer didn't look too good.  even from those little clips it seemed like alot of hackting (hack + acting).  those girls didn't even look like they were trying with that light saber fight.

317274[/snapback]

Haha, "hackting". That's a good one. :)

What part of the Star Wars timeline does it take place in? Movie eras, the novel eras (post-ROTJ, Clone War era) or comic era(Movie(during or post) or pre like the Sith era)?

317303[/snapback]

It's supposed to take place between RotS and ANH. The evil fat chick is supposed to be a Jedi who decided to follow the dark side of the Force. She is helping Lord Vader hunt down and execute those Jedi who did manage to escape the initial slaughter. Yada, yada, yada...

Heh, if that was a Blakes 7 film, I'd watch it!

Hey, since you brought up Blake's 7, do you frequent the Blake's 7 forums at http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php? I was just wondering. I was talking to a few of the guys over there about this very subject. And if you haven't heard, David Jackson, the actor who played Olag Gan passed away on 28 July from a heart attack. Gan was one of my favorite characters next to Avon and Vila.

Guest Bromgrev
Hey, since you brought up Blake's 7, do you frequent the Blake's 7 forums at http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php? I was just wondering. I was talking to a few of the guys over there about this very subject. And if you haven't heard, David Jackson, the actor who played Olag Gan passed away on 28 July from a heart attack. Gan was one of my favorite characters next to Avon and Vila.

317420[/snapback]

Nah, I spend too much time on MW as it is. I heard about David Jackson - only 71, damn shame. I always liked to think Gan was actually a criminal psycopath, and only pretended to be nice because of his limiter implant ... :rolleyes: