Mad Macross Modelling.....

Berttt

In my Spiderbug thread I mentioned that I had a few weeks at work to spend time on some models. Here are some of the kits I was working on. None of them are any where near finished yet. But the time spent on the clock certainly speeded things up a bit.

First up is a Hasegawa VF-1J. This one will be in RAAF markings for No. 75 Squadron. I've bashed the kit so that the flaps and slats are deployed. When finished it will be displayed wheels up with a couple of poles in the exhaust mounted on a lexan pane.

greyvalk14sw.th.jpg

greyvalk35wq.th.jpg

greyvalk28wf.th.jpg

Next up is another Hasegawa Valk with the Angry Monkey Models Atmoshperic Booster conversion. The booster is dry fitted and will be worked on when I finish the 75SQN bird.

boostervalk18sm.th.jpg

I was never really happy with the CF dio and plan to try again, but I need some vehicles to accompany it. Since Sci-fi vehicles in 1/72 are rare, I'm jazzing up a couple of contemporary ones.

A bashed French VAB 4x4.

vab23se.th.jpg

vab16dp.th.jpg

A bashed Schwimmenwagen.

commandcar28my.th.jpg

commandcar14da.th.jpg

There are a couple of others as well, tow other Haseagawa valks that I haven't decided on schemes for, a 1/72 Starfury and a 1/48 Hind D.

Cheers,

Berttt

Edited by Berttt

Hey Guys,

The shading on the Valk seems a little dark becasue I had to adjust the photos a bit becasue of my dodgy photography, it's really not that dark when you're looking at it.

HWR, I have seen the 35 scale Hind, but I daren't walk that path. Choppers are the only thing I model in 1/48 any more, and if I start with those Trumpeter brutes I'm doomed! They are nice though.........

As for my job, I'm in the RAAF. My unit deployed on excercise leaving about four of us behind as a caretaker group for the hangar. No NCO's, no Officers, just a few of whose sole job was to keep out of trouble.

Jipe, those wheels are from a 1/72 scale 3/4 ton truck, I wanted it to look like a buggy, I didn't think the UN would resurenct the design of the shwimmenwagen for use in the 21st century.

Cheers,

Berttt

Edited by Berttt

Hey Guys,

The shading on the Valk seems a little dark becasue I had to adjust the phots a bit becasue of my didgy photography, it's really not that dark when your looking at it.

HWR, I have seen the 35 scale Hind, but I daren't walk that path. Choppers are the only thing I model in 1/48 any more, and if I start with those Trumpeter brutes I'm doomed! They are nice though.........

As for my job, I'm in the RAAF. My unit deployed on excercise leaving about four of us behind as a caretaker group for the hangar. No NCO's, no Officers, just a few of whose sole job was to keep out of trouble.

Jipe, those wheels are from a 1/72 scale 3/4 ton truck, I wanted it to look like a buggy, I didn't think the UN would resurenct the design of the shwimmenwagen for use in the 21st century.

Cheers,

Berttt

313325[/snapback]

Yes, sorry. :blink:

Note that in Macross, they like the cars with 6 or 8 wheels (!). It will be funny to make such a model.

• 2 months later...

I Thought I would add some progress pics of the MMM Project.

This low-Vis valk is coming along nicely, and I have some ordinance for it like 500lbs bombs and AAM-1's.

Also I had toyed with the idea of a pallet for AAM-1's or the big nukes as a replacement for the gunpod, but the Hasegawa sculpt does not allow any room for the pallet and any type of pylon with out hitting the ground (or close to it)when the ordinance is fitted so there's another idea scrapped (along with the Hase Gerwalk I was working on).

post-641-1129069766_thumb.jpg

post-641-1129070072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berttt

MMM can't say that I know. In these pics the legs aren't permanently attached, just kinda stuck there with blu-tack. Maybe that and the camera angle combine to give an optical illusion. Other than that it is just a bog standard Hasegawa VF-1A.

Edited by Berttt

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Brett I like your shading technique on the APC, care to share how you did it?

351679[/snapback]

Phase 1: Find old tin of Airfix Olive Green in drawer and airbrush on model

Phase 2: Realise that your normal oil paint/thinner wash will ruin enamel paint

Phase 3: Pull out some precious remaining hair

Phase 4: Search around for artists spreader medium and Reaper paints black wash.

Phase 5: Apply wash

Phase 6: Drybrush acrylic Reaper Troll Flesh all over the place

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Berttt

Edited by Berttt

• 2 months later...

Love the base for the Spiderbug!

That's a great use of greeblies! ;)

It really brings that little model to life.

Edited by jardann